We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[PC] Terrible Steering Wheel Support

me™

As the title states.

I'd love to be able to play this game, but it just sees my wheel (Logitech Driving Force EX) as a keyboard. My wheel worked fine in the beta, too..

Now, it doesn't. The steering is very much non-linear. I have to move the wheel loads to even get a tiny bit of movement in-game, then a few degrees more on my wheel, and the game hits full lock. WTF?

I've tried adjusting the speed factor and steering damping sliders all over the place with no joy. I've already posted in the bug reports thread in the official forums too.

I also have another bug, which has been around since the beta. I can't remap the 'pan right' command for the avatar. When I click on it, it comes up with the prompt to press a button, but it doesn't respond to anything other than the right arrow key. I want to move my avatar about with WASD...

I quit my Logitech profiler so that I can map the pedals properly.

Here are my settings if you want to try them - they work pretty well for most cars:

TestDrive2%202011-02-13%2010-18-19-25.png.jpg

I've gone back to Sport mode and Sequential manual for now until we get some physics patches. Feels a bit better

Here are my settings if you want to try them - they work pretty well for most cars:

Why steering sensitivity not at the minimum? With this u have some dead zone. The slide far to the left and it's gone.

I also turned off all the vibrations, I left it maybe at a few percent, they seemed pretty wrong.

No idea what the rotation is since the profiler software isn't running (it's pretty small though).

The current settings give me the best compromise between agile cornering and steady at speed on the highway. Maybe I'll tone down the vibrations, but they're not that strong/annoying - it's the only non-audio/visual commincation I'm getting at the moment.