We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best sounding car

scuderia_458

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the Zonda's sound nice. There is no doubt that there are some good sound samples in TDU2 but when I examine the engine sounds of a racing game I look deeper, like rpm wooble when shifting, the smoothness of the rpm transitions, downshift pleasure, echo/reverb effects, exhaust effets and so on.

So like I said, by this categories Pro Street sounds are way superior still, unfortunately I would say couse I love TDU. But I guess modders will start having fun with sounds soon, eaven so the sound realism is dependent on the engine of the game so it will defenetely be better but modding can't do it all.

You made me curious about the 308GTS :P

i agree

I like the Zonda and F430 sounds more than most of the other cars, but my favourite has to be the 308GTS sound. Can't explain why, I just love it.

I like the sound off the 308 i think it sounds surprisingly realistic, not like all the other tdu2 cars i tried, my conclusion is that they got lucky with the 308. im also lucky since 308 is my alltime favourite car.

Ive gotta say its the best game for car sounds ive played. An ive played 90% of the racing games out there!
Then you either haven't played the good ones or have no clue what real car sounds are like.

TDU2 is good game, but I'm very disappointed with the sounds and really brings down the experience. The gear changes are just terrible, car sounds are far from realistic and when slightly touching the break, there's this overhwelming sound of blocking tires.

This is what an RS6 Avant should sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSBvJZRuvVs&feature=player_embedded

This is how it sounds in TDU2 (play at 0:30 and 1:30 especially)

This is what a Ferarri California sounds like:

This is how it sounds in TDU2:

This is what a Ferrari Scuderia sounds like in TDU2:

And this is how this beast really sounds:

My Top 5 for sounds are:

1. Nissan 370z

2. Audi S5

3. Subaru Impreza

4. Dodge Viper

5. Audi Q7

To me, they're the best sounding cars, but the 370z sounds exactly like the VQ35DE engine, which is found in the Supra and 350z. The 370 engine has less of a gargle.

My Top 5 for sounds are:

1. Nissan 370z

2. Audi S5

3. Subaru Impreza

4. Dodge Viper

5. Audi Q7

To me, they're the best sounding cars, but the 370z sounds exactly like the VQ35DE engine, which is found in the Supra and 350z. The 370 engine has less of a gargle.

Supra uses a 2JZ-GE or 2JZ-GTE not a VQ35DE ;)

From what i've heard the Impreza and 370Z sound pretty good and that's about it.

Then you either haven't played the good ones or have no clue what real car sounds are like.

TDU2 is good game, but I'm very disappointed with the sounds and really brings down the experience. The gear changes are just terrible, car sounds are far from realistic and when slightly touching the break, there's this overhwelming sound of blocking tires.

I couldn't agree more with you. Specially those gears changes, oh man!... why is it that you hear like a "ploc" sound every time you change a gear? Plus those abrupt rev changes... I can't still get used to that.

I think some of the engine sounds are surprisingly good, but there is always room for better ones. Definitely those gear changes and the braking sounds are the worse for me.

Car sounds in TDU2 are good and bad, some cars sound really nice though even if not like their counterpart in reality.

I'm especially impressed with the CLK63 AMG, 8C/Spider, C1, XKR, CCXR Edition, V8 Vantage and Zonda F/Roadster.

I don't like the stringy sounds of the Ferrari's much and I do wish the RS6 sounded better, even give it a bassier R8 sound and I'd be happy.

Definite improvement of the sounds imo and it as people have been saying for ages makes driving the cars so much more enjoyable!

to my opinion the best sounds are the Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series and the Koenigsegg CCXR edition. but for the rest im not really impressed....

the car that i seriously hate in the game is the Nissan GT-R because it looks so effing lame and wrong...

Ive gotta say its the best game for car sounds ive played. An ive played 90% of the racing games out there!

I agree. Despite some of the cars sounding off, the majority sound very good.

IMO Mustang GT has the best sound, I love it ;) Impreza and S5 sounds nice too

I love the Mustangs sound on the game, only recently purchased it for the Hawaii A5 Champ. I already had the Evora, but it's just so damn boring. I need an exciting car that sounds beasty!

My personal favourite sounding cars so far are:

MERC SLS AMG

430 Scuderia

Mustang GT