We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

handling: good or bad

buster2k

A reluctant yay. I find it depends on the car; the majority handle terribly and spin out on a whim, but some, like the Impreza, Ferrari 308 and Zonda Cinque handle great. I loved using the zonda on the race tracks. TDU1's was overall far better but if no patch comes out and changes 2's handling I won't mind. The gear changing is a much bigger fault.

I think you should be asking "is it realistic or not", because if it's good is such an individual opinion that you will never get a good conclusive answer. My 2 cents though is that yes, it is good but it takes some getting used to.

its defo not realistic, i just wanted to know if people liked it.

Gosh.

I see you people really have problems with answering a simple question.

Good or Bad?

Cars with lots of power generally do that in real life unless you've got traction control on.
Is that good or bad then? (...)

// Sorry for using you as an Example : D

Bad.

Because it's worse than the First Game's Handling. And that's just wrong.

My answer then is good enough for now.

If you want traction control then use Driving Aids mode. If you can't control a cars traction by yourself without electronic help then I feel sorry for you as you're missing out on a lot of fun and not having good car control could be dangerous on the roads in real life. :)

TDU2's physics are unique, but good drivers can adapt to that.

i think the biggest problem ive got with it is im used to ffb and it feels dead without it, also i use 900 degrees and there is a horrible flat spot in the centre where the cars just jerk into a straight line. if they could sort that out i could overlook the rest.

oh and the brakes chucking you out the window under the slightest pressure.

Apart from a few exceptions vehicle wise I don't think the handling is too bad.

My G25 pretty much set itself up and I changed a few button assignments and that's how I've been playing the game and apart from the lack of a bit more force feedback I think the handling is alright.

I didn't expect sim-like physics, I didn't get them and therefore I'm not disappointed with how the game is and I think some people's minds worked in the opposite way. I adapted to the physics and handling (which to be honest doesn't take a lot of time) of the cars and now it's more than fun enough to drive around the islands.

It could do with some work but I wouldn't say it's bad at all.

With speed factor on the left, it's too sensitive at higher speeds, and with the gas/brake linearity on the middle, they're also too sensitive. I don't have a G25 though. The only 2 cars with fine brakes are the Beetle and Charger SRT8. With these two you can really push a lttle bit, and they will just roll to the intersection.

EDIT: Just found a weird bug: Get a Viper, wait til it rains, put it on 6th, slightly push on the throttle and take your foot of the pedal, and the car will start to spin without touching the throttle :confused: Generally, when you push the throttle slighly, and then leave it, the cars accelerate to some speed. As it's a Viper and it's slippery, the wheels spin (untill it reaches 20mph) :lol:

I think that's one of the proofs that the physics are bad.

i just want settings where it handles exactly like or similar to tdu1, cause i miss being able to do powerslides and drifts with traction control off, but now the car just rolls and when it does drift its very uncontrollable. cars in tdu2 have too much grip then once you swerve or twitch just slightly the car goes bizerk