We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Class Confusion

calster17

When Doing the A4 championship with my Caterham R500, It got me thinking "Why havent i seen the 7CRS racing?". Once I finnished I went to the British dealer and found out the CRS is infact a A3 class car!?!

Now in terms of racing, the R500 is 100% better than the CRS(Which is made as a more 'everyday' 7, slight bigger, etc). So its got me really confused as to why its rated above the better car?

Same goes for the Atom as well, A class 2/3 maybe but not a 1! I've found the R500 and Atom are near equal! The atom does seem to have slighty better high speed stabliaty, but thats all I'd say!

Oh, and befour anyone suggests, I'm not taking sides with this view, even though I'm a Caterham fan!

Anyone Else think any other cars are in the wrong class?

Well round any route where you don't exceed 140-150mph the Atom will completely muller the Veyron...probably.

Yup, the Atom absolutely hammers the Veyron going into and coming out of every corner. The exit speed is way higher for the Atom which means you're gaining more ground on the Veyron whilst the Veyron is starting to accelerate again.

Well round any route where you don't exceed 140-150mph the Atom will completely muller the Veyron...probably.

Same goes for the R500 though!

Many a time I've beaten a1 cars in it! Although 50% of that is due to n00bish driving!

also with the GT-R, good point! I don't think the normal one is really fit to duel with the 430 scud and the likes! Although I'm going on the beases of 2 equally skilled drivers were to battle the two out!

And Anyone Think that the Beetle & 2CV should be in a special class as well? Rather than in C4?

It's still faster 'round the Nurby than most of the A1s...

The way I see it it's underpowered in this game.

Thats real life my friend. In this game its nothing close to what it is IRL.

A stage 4 professionally tuned GT-R in real life would batter pretty much all A1 cars featured in TDU2 on a track. That is a 100%.

Stock it already beats tons and tons of cars higher than its class. (IRL still here).

However in TDU2, a 458 can easily beat it around a normal track. It seems to have a bad handling in game for some reason (or maybe not as good as it should be) and also since I have done a drag race between the two, the only part of it , that it wins , is the beginning due to AWD.

In real life it will eat the 458 in any category, so I dont think the game's choice of where to put the GTR is under/over powered at all.

Now on the Caterham matter, I can't say anything I do not use it. As for the Atom matter, I find that it should be an A2 car.

My veyron SS eats Atoms on a reasonable track easily. I am not talking about a track with 50 corners, but a track that has straight-ish bits and wide corners. Atom has no chance.

I raced my stage 2 atom v8 versus a stage 1 veyron grand sport I think it was, and sorry but no matter how good and precise i took the corners on the straights he flys past me. And I wouldnt call myself a slow driver either as im in the top 80 drivers on Instant challenges and a few tracks im top 100 ish. ( dont know if you would consider that good but since im using a keyboard + manual I find it very pleasing knowing I won over someone with a G25/G27 ;) )

I feel like the Subaru WRX is in a wrong class i beat the A5 first time around with a 12 second margin in all of the races, and i got the race around ibiza with a margin of like 15 min. I think its a little high speed for a A5 :P

My S5 got beat by an Impreza. It's a very freaky game :confused:

MP4-12C should be A2,based on real life.It sits between SLS and SLR 722.Plus,it have 15bhp more than real car.And I founded out that buggy would fit B2 perfectly.And I don't think that 2-eleven would go well in A3,though I don't know that for 100% because I only raced AI with California,and won ofc.