We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 Updates and Discussion - Release October 19th 2012

CLR-GTR

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, i never knew you guys like SCS games O.o i'm playing them from almost day 1

ETS2 should be a big step to the right direction tho handling in the last video looks very bad... and as always small things like this can ruin all game... i know that its not done yet and won't be done in this year but i very hope they make a good (sim) handling for trucks :) *fingers crossed*

Well didn't they make Hard Truck: Road to Vicotry, and HT: King of the Road? I loved those games. Very nice games, and I played ETS1 as well, was very nice to play apart from a few bad things. ETS2 does seem to have huuuuge improvements, I've seen em including some more roads in Holland which makes me think the map is going to be insanely large, and they still keep open the possibility for licensed trucks.

SCS makes good games yes.

Well didn't they make Hard Truck: Road to Vicotry, and HT: King of the Road? I loved those games. Very nice games, and I played ETS1 as well, was very nice to play apart from a few bad things. ETS2 does seem to have huuuuge improvements, I've seen em including some more roads in Holland which makes me think the map is going to be insanely large, and they still keep open the possibility for licensed trucks.

SCS makes good games yes.

Hard Truck: Road to Vicotry, and HT: King of the Road are made by 1C and not SCS :)

btw about ETS2 map, its going to be biggest map they ever made. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Euro Truck Simulator 2 [LATEST NEWS]

Euro Truck Simulator was created by SCS Software and it is their best selling game to date. Euro Truck Simulator's younger brothers, German Truck Simulator and UK Truck Simulator. They have been very popular in the countries they have been based around. SCS Software came to the decision about a year and a half ago to start work on what they call 'Euro Truck Simulator 2', they then launched their official blog page which you can visit HERE. For all the blog posts, you can find them in the archive located on the right-hand-side of your screen. The blogs are in date order. But, this topic is for us to share the latest updates. So, let's get the ball rolling.

Night Driving

We are thinking of making the night in Euro Truck Simulator 2 much darker than in any of our previous games. 
In the previous games, we had to make a compromise and make sure that the ambient light at night was still 
strong enough for the player to be able to make out his surroundings. With ETS2, our new "true" projected 
lights in the 3D engine allow us to emulate the light conditions at night much better, without making the game 
borderline unplayable.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg