We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

ETS2 Updates and Discussion - Release October 19th 2012

CLR-GTR

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ryzza5: You are right and as CLR-GTR said, with STDS you can see where the whole thing leads. I look forward to adjustable mirrors and other stuff in ETS2 - hopefully they didn't "rip off" the double-trailers. Perhaps i will pamper my system with an appropriate GPU someday. :drool: [URL="http://www.scaniadrivergame.com/en/mod_tools.php"]Official "Game Archive Extractor" for the compressed base.scs of STDS[/URL] - possibly i will have a look at this. I never thought, that i could beat people in the online-leaderboards - [URL="http://www.scaniadrivergame.com/en/leaderboard/_extreme_03/thunderhawk"]but :excited:[/URL] [CENTER]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWrtDJuJOcU[/CENTER] Best regards, Stefan

@Ryzza5: Thanks! - In my first attempts i have tried to drive fast but "nice/real" (for example: don't rub down to much rubber at trailer-wheels).

But because this is not in the evaluation and it prevents really fast times, I've taken a different path. If you haven't already played the demo - It was one of the "dangerous drives"-missions. Game is splittet in those missions "driver-license", "competition" YETD, "dangerous drives" - beat the clock and don't damage your truck, cargo or environment. - You can also do braking-tests or drive free and deliver cargos in a fictional city or the "scania-demo-center".

For me it's much better than ETS/GTS, but everyone should form his own opinion. Physics aren't perfect, but better than in the older games. I also love the little improved details - the "light-system", now you can turn on the sidelight, low-beam, high-beam, "flasher".

Drove with G25, clutch and h-shifter in "cockpit-view".

EDIT: First patch/update for Scania TDS

What's new in this update:

* Two additional Dangerous Drives levels: "Backstreet" and "High in the Sky."

* Improved perfomance in the Scania: DemoCentre level.

* Additional type of automatic gearbox which does not flip brake and accelerator pedals during reverse movement.

* Fixed HUD mirrors and look presets for UK vehicles.

* Fixed crash when using controller which does not provide X and Y axes.

* Fixed waiting times on gas stations

* Better TV camera placement on several Driver Competition challenges

* Numerous touches to all maps in the game to address visual glitches.

Best regards,

Stefan

No, we really haven't slowed down working on Euro Truck Simulator 2 as some of you are suspecting judging by your comments. In fact the ETS2 team has been fully concentrating on the work on the game, so much that we didn't pay much attention to anything else including creation of promotional material for the game at this stage. Finally we have reserved some capacity for creation of movies and screenshots in the upcoming weeks, so you can look forward to seeing more of the game.

For today, we have just a very quick glimpse at a few ETS 2 truck configurations...

ETS2 Delayed, below is a blogpost by the CEO of SCS. Whatever others think, I don't mind the delay and he did a nice job informing us.

Euto Truck Simulator 2 will not be ready for release on the market in August. This was an honest estimate made early this year which we have provided to our publishing partners, and which I have announced to here on this blog. However, we realized that we need more time to complete the game in the quality that we want to achieve. Please accept our apologies for keeping your hopes high and then disappointing you.

We are committed to shipping a finished and polished game above anything else, and while the decision to postpone ETS2 release wasn't easy, it is the right thing to do. There may be some negative reactions now to this delay, but think about what would happen if we shipped the game with major bugs - you would all go berserk bashing it and our reputation and business could be damaged beyond repair. It is really better to give you a game that's fun to play with no big issues. We need the game to succeed if SCS Software is to stay in business and keep on developing simulation games. Each step along the way matters.

At the moment, we think it will take an extra month of testing and tuning to get the game completed, possibly pushing the release date into September. But this is still our best guess, not a guarantee - the game is only done when it's done. We are only human, we do what we can to build the game according to the vision that we started with, and it's no small task for us for sure.

Thank you for your patience and continued loyalty - we are doing this for you.

Yours sincerely,

Pavel Sebor

CEO, SCS Software

PS: Perhaps these images may not stand a chance to compensate for the bad news, but here is a few shots from truck purchase process to cheer you up a bit:

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

Difference is, now proven without doubts, that Eden is an incompetent bunch of french snaileaters who are too lazy to make a game right and don't stick to promises. SCS Software on the other hand already fixes the game during development if the community spots flaws, and they've already announced a first patch for that Scania Truck game.

SCS delivers, simple.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be rationing them between long and pointless free roam sessions anyway. :)

ETS2 was supposed to be online multiplayer as well, right? Or am I thinking of Crash Time...

---------- Post added 13/07/12 at 00:08 AM ---------- Previous post was 12/07/12 at 23:58 PM ----------

video

Looks good. The environment sort of reminds me of Crash Time but also has a bit of a The Sims feel to it (esp the bits that line up to a grid). Should be good fun, but a shame they couldn't get the graphics up an extra notch or two to go from very good to amazing. After seeing how well Scania works with my wheel I'll be up for this. They just have to add TrackIR support (ECS1 had it but Scania doesn't)

ETS2 won't get multiplayer online.

In the many blogs they've posted, they often stated how everybody requested (understatement) multiplayer online. They just can't do it. They're on a tight budget, they're a small studio's and they said online multiplayer definitely won't be in at this time. Whenever they get the chance to do it, they'd do it though.

• 2 weeks later...
A lucky combination of factors on both sides has brought a special guest into our office. During the next few weeks, we'll have Piotrek from eurotrucksimulator2.pl "embedded" here in SCS Software's office, helping us test and balance Euro Truck Simulator 2, and no doubt doing a little reporting from the trenches on his own. (OK any bugs left in the game when it ships are his fault! ;-) )

Piotrek has been taking screenshots along the way while playing, mostly for use to document bugs and glitches in the game of course, but here is his own choice of a few nice screens from his testing today...

piotrek.jpg ets2_00054.jpg ets2_00056.jpg

ets2_00063.jpg ets2_00067.jpg

basically it's like how Diablo went to Eden Games but this time the dev is noting things down' date=' not throwing parties, and not photoshopping pictures[/quote']

Well in Eden's defence Diablo didn't help out much when he visited :lol:

Diablo%2520KO.jpg

Our friends at Excalibur Publishing, our UK publishing partner, have started helping us with testing the early betas of the game (thanks Tim!), and they are also starting to warm up their market to the existence of Euro Truck Simulator 2 (thanks Chris!). Promo material has to go out well ahead of the game's release to be effective, so often games are hyped well ahead of the time they hit the final development stages of post-production and testing.

Excalibur is planning to publish a series of screenshots and movies from Euro Truck Simulator 2, they even launched a dedicated ETS2 page on their site for it. For a start they created a cool movie worth showing here. While the team at SCS is very busy actually finishing the game and processing feedback from (so far) internal testing, our publishers will no doubt produce more and more material that we can also recommend here on our blog.

• 2 weeks later...