We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Rate TDU2's Handling

Eudemon

Rate TDU2's handling  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Rate TDU2's handling

• 10 - Excellent!
    • 9 - Great!
    • 8 - Very Good
    • 7 - Good
    • 6 - Needs Improved
    • 5 - Worse than TDU1
    • 4 - Crap
    • 3 - Terrible
    • 2 - Awful
    • 1 - *I cry at how bad it is*

On a scale from 1 - 10 (10 being the best) how would you rate TDU2's handling. Preferably those of you who have tried a number of the cars and also tweaked and played with the settings for your preferred device and such would be best.

Also when you vote please state what mode of TDU1 you played in; eg if you played in Normal and Hypersport then you would vote (say 7) then post what you voted 7 Normal/Hypersport

Just wondering what will be said though I do believe I'll know. :lol:

7 - HCM/Aids off (voted for 7 even though I think it's worse than TDU1; Why is that on 5? :cheeky:)

It's not really that bad imo, I got used to it pretty quickly (and once I got my wheel setupped so it has resistance) and even like it somewhat now. Bigger flaw, for me atleast is the lack of FFB...

8-The middle mode which is some assistance

(I forgot the name of the mode...)

I don't see what people are complaining about with regards to the handling. I think it's quite good...

The road cars are annoyingly terrible offroad... A car that can cruise at 180/190+ on road then sits at 50/60 when there's a small bit of offroad... That's the only thing tyhat annoys me...

5 (Hardcore/No Aids)

Aspects of TDU2s handling are technically correct, which is good, but the inability to display good car control is a disappointment.

imo, there's only a couple of things they need to improve before getting us to re-evaluate.

1 - Reduce the excessive downforce/grip. This currently prevents most of the cars from gracefully sliding/skidding and and makes cornering a bit too jerky and unpredicatble.

2. Add proper force-feedback. TDU1 had great force feedback. If they can restore that in TDU2 it'll make evaluating the physics so much easier.

3. Bit of an off-topic request: It would be great if the Tuning shop allowed us to purchase/install dirt tyres for non-offroad cars so that you can do more than 120kph offroad. Not every supercar needs to be able to do this, but most of the sports cars would benefit. I dread having to switch to an SUV or WRX every time I want to go offroad.

I gave it a 6 because of the tailspin and instability i kept getting in the driving school. Sometimes It felt like that gave me the worst handling car of its class. Everything else is good! Off-road driving is the best because you can tell that there is less traction and not just a uneven road that slows you down. I think its great but the driving school drives me out of my Mellon!

4 - Hardcore Mode

Its dreadful with a keyboard (especially if you don't have all assists on ). Will be getting my new G27 soon though so I will try with that. TDU1 was better with a keyboard in my opinion.

Also not being able to drift properly and just do tricks and display your skill to people ? Feels like a WIP not a finished product.

Worse than TDU1, particularly the original HCM, it simply isn't predictable unless ironically, you're offroad, where pressumably it should be least predictable... Drift physics are terrible, and I don't mean a seperate slidey engine, I mean the cars don't behave enough like a real car to actually get slidey, and when it does the front end is so 'on rails' that countersteering is just plain pointless.

In honesty, it's livable, but even at its best it's still excruitiatingly 'meh'. The lack of difficulty makes topping out a car at 190mph feel like a chore rather than a thrill because driving there is no sense of speed at all, and cars don't mess about unless you try to take a 90 degree bend at 200mph (or 20 in a beetle...)

I put a 4, not as a sanction, but I just FEEL the scripts while driving, I can brake airborne (with a nice 'screek' sound), I can't pass the "Speed wall" even in the steepest road, I can't contersteer in the so-called "Motion-picture-type-of-driving" announced by Atari.

Listen well : I'm not flaming the game, I do like it, I even find it addictive. But it is definitely not graceful to the driving. I'd love to have something arcadish like in FlatOut style, something the game isn't so far from in off-road mode, if you nicely stays inside the limits ot the scripts.

But how annoying when you try to push the limits and you find walls in the programming of the driving scripts. You arrive at the edge of the script, it is always, whaterver the situation, BRUTAL ;) It was definitely not the case in TDU, all the driving part was very progressive even in arcade mode.

The other thing backing me from giving a better note is that cars are not related to the road in any way. On any road, I can, if well aligned, let the wheel alone and accelerate and brake, and the wheel wont even move or vibrate...

I had absolutely no difficulty to win all carreer championships almost without restart (at least @ Ibiza ;) ) in very little time. I was very often few seconds ahead in Time races that ppl found "so hard" (sic !)

I drive in Sport (most A or B cat.) or so called HC mode (if Classic cat.) on the PC version with a G25.

Edtit : I forgot about the 'lag' and every problems related to a real poor wheel (& pedals) support... Yes, we feel the lack of the former "Racer-Devs" that are now gone working for SimBin :(