We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bored with TDU2 already. Why?

Eudemon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wanna be off topic or against anyone, mainly because I am the first to complain about this game but we should give this game a chance, cause I think its worth it. In fact its the only reason I come here to comment and start threads. I don't do that with any other video game, and you know why? Cause this is the only game that can really reach perfection.

TDU2 has great ideas, a big environment and a strong and united community. Playing the game, getting used to it, coming to the forums to share your doubts, like and dislikes, buying th DLCs, its all important to make TDU2 a better experience. Going back to TDU1 is not the answer to TDU2's problems. I keep on playing cause I see the potential and I see the talent in EDEN to deliver new patches and DLC that can really improve the overall experience.

Yes, TDU2 sucks, its buggy, glitchy, frustrating, unfinished, whatever... its the new TDU and we need to focus on it rather than going back to TDU1. I think we must avoid the spread of this rising movement of abandoning TDU2 and going back to TDU1.

lol i'm allready back in tdu1

i'm feeling home there :p

Until Eden/Atari close the server there, I hope from 2 years that someone be able to make private server come to the comunity, but we have to make that now cause activated server should be the only way to understand the connectivity mechanism in TDU.

Private server mean real addon cars with real proper physics, new patch with G27 FFB available, addon traffic without limits, add on rims, unlimited size bnk, maybe more than 8 players, new function as private ride, new environnement...

TDU1 should be the ennemy of TDU2, and TDU2 is already the ennemy of our pleasure.

i would have gladly waited the extra time for a decent game, i didnt even like doing the races in the first one, i just bolted it to hardcore mode then met up with my pals half pissed and just drove,it made a change from trying to shave a tenth of a second off your lap time.

theres no way in the world im going to do that with the new more rubbish one because its just not nice to drive.

apart from the lack of physics there is a huge dead spot in the middle of the wheel purely coz its made for a pad.

thing is allot of games have done this recently, just ported a console game to the pc and the pc is suffering because of it, the boys on battlefield 3 have got it right they make it for the pc then water it down for the console.

downloadable content was supposed to be just extra content but developers these days think its acceptable to release a half finished game and patch the arse off it, ive seen this allot lately but tdu2 takes it to new hights

i would have gladly waited the extra time for a decent game, i didnt even like doing the races in the first one, i just bolted it to hardcore mode then met up with my pals half pissed and just drove,it made a change from trying to shave a tenth of a second off your lap time.

theres no way in the world im going to do that with the new more rubbish one because its just not nice to drive.

apart from the lack of physics there is a huge dead spot in the middle of the wheel purely coz its made for a pad.

thing is allot of games have done this recently, just ported a console game to the pc and the pc is suffering because of it, the boys on battlefield 3 have got it right they make it for the pc then water it down for the console.

downloadable content was supposed to be just extra content but developers these days think its acceptable to release a half finished game and patch the arse off it, ive seen this allot lately but tdu2 takes it to new hights

This brings us on to Atari's management policies. They are extremely corrupted and I believe there's just panic going on. They haven't announced the real sales figures yet but I think that's out of embarrassment. They thought tdu2 would be a big hit on the consoles. The management is so laughable I think they've been payed peanuts.

I think it has sold well also, however like you say the amount who have stayed is probably quite a bit lower and the way it's been received hasn't been brilliant. I'm of the impression that the main decision makers don't seem to know what is going on and probably only listen to what they want to hear.

I think it has sold well also, however like you say the amount who have stayed is probably quite a bit lower and the way it's been received hasn't been brilliant. I'm of the impression that the main decision makers don't seem to know what is going on and probably only listen to what they want to hear.

i agree accept i think they know exactly what there doing, atari was in trouble, people were still playing tdu1 so they rushed a second one, hyped the nuts off it and boosted pre orders to get as many sales as possible coz they new when people play it they will slate it.

just looking at the forum even the die hards are chucking the towel in

A lot of the fans had been playing the Beta since October last year, and we probably had expectations that they'd get through more of the feedback before launch. I'm sure once they sort out the server issues the attention will turn back to handling and feedback. By the time I've finished Shift 2, Dirt 3, and GT5, I reckon TDU2 will be much better (sure it's a while but as long as they get there this year I'll be happy).

if they do that i would be happy to, but do you not think they should have done it before release. i know tdu1 had problems at the beginning but the fundamentals were there, at the end of the day its a driving game thats not nice to drive, ive been playing games since i was 5 (27 years) and ive never seen a half finished cash cow of a game such as this.

i know im having a bit of a rant but this is why people are getting bored/stop playing

I'm sure once they sort out the server issues the attention will turn back to handling and feedback.
Exactly, once people see the support and attention is actually their unlike with TDU1 then I believe people will come back and maybe even re-buy the game if they have already got rid of it.

I'm sure once they sort out the server issues the attention will turn back to handling and feedback.

In my opinion, they have not the talent needed for do a better Handling and other. The team is different from TDU1, lot of Eden dev from TDU1 leave the team for good reasons. So Eden had to search for new dev and took some novice when there is no choice.

Do not forget that Eden did not make 3D models, the graphic engine and the environnement build system. They just adjust some good stuffs made by other wich are talent professionnals, and arranged that as they want to do. It's a little bit like politic, why they will now fix some problems that they can't fixed before (in 6 months beta)? The only problems from TDU2 are the only stuffs that Eden did, or tryed to do...

I see them as pure novice, cause they have real tools, new technologie, all control, and they made cars buggiest than mine in TDU1. I can assume that they never tested their model ingame as there is so much bugs in their conversions (materials miss, poly miss, and more) . Some forms are totally wrong, physics should be called "scrypted animation 3D".

I just looked for physics improvement in TDU2 but they did something badder than TDU1 and their models are so far badder than my mods (sorry to speak like that, I know it's bad, but it's better than lie) so, how can I respect this beginner's work?

With their tools, it take me 5 minutes to had winker icon working in cockpit view. There is no reason to forgive as they are considerated as professionnals and sell their work.

Eden show us the better than they can do (as they said for report release reason, "better experience possible).

The future for freeride driving will be some where else now, that's the message comming from TDU2.

In my opinion, they have not the talent needed for do a better Handling and other. The team is different from TDU1, lot of Eden dev from TDU1 leave the team for good reasons. So Eden had to search for new dev and took some novice when there is no choice.

Do not forget that Eden did not make 3D models, the graphic engine and the environnement build system. They just adjust some good stuffs made by other wich are talent professionnals, and arranged that as they want to do. It's a little bit like politic, why they will now fix some problems that they can't fixed before (in 6 months beta)? The only problems from TDU2 are the only stuffs that Eden did, or tryed to do...

I see them as pure novice, cause they have real tools, new technologie, all control, and they made cars buggiest than mine in TDU1. I can assume that they never tested their model ingame as there is so much bugs in their conversions (materials miss, poly miss, and more) . Some forms are totally wrong, physics should be called "scrypted animation 3D".

I just looked for physics improvement in TDU2 but they did something badder than TDU1 and their models are so far badder than my mods (sorry to speak like that, I know it's bad, but it's better than lie) so, how can I respect this beginner's work?

With their tools, it take me 5 minutes to had winker icon working in cockpit view. There is no reason to forgive as they are considerated as professionnals and sell their work.

Eden show us the better than they can do (as they said for report release reason, "better experience possible).

The future for freeride driving will be some where else now, that's the message comming from TDU2.

First of all, sorry, I just couldn't keep my mouth shut.

Just. gah. Your models better than their? Sorry but no. :lol:

Also some proper grammar would be awesome. Yes, I tryed to understand but it's pretty hard :rofl:

Listen, iirc there are almost no members from the TDU1 team left so it's like a fresh start. Also they put pretty much effort to the social side of the game instead of focusing all their time on "winkers (OLOLOL) working in cockpit view" or stuff like that. And they have a life.

E: Succesful troll is succesful :odance:

I agree with illu.Superhyper,both you and me know that 2CV is doing everything by himself,and that he doesn't ask 50€ for everything he done.And his work is more than perfect for that prize.And do you speak my countries language?Does he really need to know english perfectly?Really,next time first think,than talk.

@2CV:+rep

The Twilight II game engine is proprietary and created by Eden, you can say certain things and then there's just being cruel and twisted. I mean you look at TDU2 from a technical standpoint and there's a fair amount to be admired. Ever heard of DigitalFoundry at EuroGamer? These guys are industry professionals and test the tech of games on different platforms and then write a detailed write-up on it.

They recently did one for TDU2 and liked what they saw, they had qualms about the handling as does everyone but that's something that will hopefully see attention towards it in the non-too distant future.

They can be proud to their 3D engine cause it's the better part of TDU2. Lightning, weather, night/day, it's close to perfect and so far better than TDU1.

hmmm not sure about that. When you look at the games in our times it's much more sofisticated. You can start by binning dx9.

How much racing game are able to make full weather + day/night cylcle in real time on open world with so good lightning?

No-one has really tried to be honest apart from Eden/Atari. Im sure EA can do better.

But its fine for now. Wouldn't mind some DX11 features, Ambient Occlusion, and so on though :P