We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Save Files Incompatibility

Hi! I tried several times to copy my save file to other profiles (PS3) and when I start the game it reads "This Save File doesn't appear to be yours..." and it doesn't let me use it. This is kind of awkward because this worked in every other game I have. I also tried to copy the save file to an USB flash drive to use as backup file, but when I copy it back it says the save file isn't mine and I can't use it.

So my doubt being if this is something that only happens on the PS3, plus if there is any way to change it and make it work. :confused:

;) I was banned from the official forums... like most people:D.

Personally, I don't think its a great idea, when you need...

-$ 20,821,363 to buy all cars

-$ 36,391,350 to buy all houses

-TOTAL: $ 57,212,713 to buy all cars & houses.

plus Tuning Options, Clothes, Furniture, Stickers, etc...

...specially because throughout all the games challenges & events you win about $ 15,000,000 minus the money you have to spend on cars to do challenges and houses to park them, you get about $10,000,000.

So why would EDEN block the Save Files if you only get 10 millions to buy your dream houses and cars, but to buy it all you need 60 million?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

So you're bitter because you can't copy saves to essentially cheat?

I was surprised to learn that saves could be used with other profiles at all.. I thought that was a thing of the past altogether.

You can call that cheating. I call that making up for EDEN's stupid decision of not having enough challenges/events or not awarding enough money in each of them.

Right now I pretty much did everything and I have 10 million $, that is almost not enough to buy a Hawaii Yacht and a Koenigsegg. Not that those are my priorities but its an example. The best challenge to win money is the Hawaii Cup 2 Speed Challenge which awards $20.000. Well I would have to repeat that challenge 2500 times to be able to buy all things.

First of all, there is no right to block save games since one may need to backup the save file. Second, there wouldn't be a need to copy the save files if EDEN had thought of letting people win the 5 million $ in the Hawaii Cup again. If all Championships and Cups awarded the full prize all over again, no one would even think of cheating, copying files or complaining about lack of ways to make money.

If all Championships and Cups awarded the full prize all over again, no one would even think of cheating, copying files or complaining about lack of ways to make money.

Dude, I am pretty annoyed at the fact too but I used the money I got and am pretty happy, when/if they'll fix it I'll get more money and be happier. But I'd NEVER cheat or be annoyed because I couldn't if I wanted. :rolleyes:

Oh trust me, they would.

Yes:D of course some people would.

The thing is, this is not all about cheating or not. Just imagine:

-I am playing TDU2 for a full year. I have completed everything multiple times, I have 29 million $. Now I can buy pretty much what I want. So my PS3 bluray reader gets damaged and I make a backup file of every game. I get my new console and I can now enjoy all my games again, but when I copy my TDU2 file, they say it doesn't appear to be mine. So its all screwed up!

This is improbable, but its possible, and as many cheaters as there can be out there... I think that honest people's corrupt or incompatible save games are worth enough to stop that blocking.

Even without anything happening, if I do complete like 1000 Hawaii Cup 2 speed challenges and I get lots of money. I'll be worried every time I play the game, because I know the save file can get corrupted or not work if I copy it.

I think its just stupid and irresponsible to block save games, specially since (at least on the Xbox360) they don't even work properly. My personal opinion, is that EDEN really has to end this blocking. Cheating can be seen as bad, but its up to the people that are playing the game, not the developers. Besides, copying save games isn't cheating at all since it can be for backup.

;) I was banned from the official forums... like most people:D.

Personally, I don't think its a great idea, when you need...

-$ 20,821,363 to buy all cars

-$ 36,391,350 to buy all houses

-TOTAL: $ 57,212,713 to buy all cars & houses.

plus Tuning Options, Clothes, Furniture, Stickers, etc...

...specially because throughout all the games challenges & events you win about $ 15,000,000 minus the money you have to spend on cars to do challenges and houses to park them, you get about $10,000,000.

So why would EDEN block the Save Files if you only get 10 millions to buy your dream houses and cars, but to buy it all you need 60 million?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Okay dude, I have seen about 5-6 posts of yours now around the forums and all are negative, abusing the makers of the game or just trying to say how bad TDU2 is. Well if it is so bad, why are you playing it still ? Just delete it and be quiet about it seriously, no need to flame it in every single thread/post of yours man... You don't like it fine, complain to Atari/Eden, with a valid point.

You also said "like everybody else" when you were talking about being banned on their website/forums ? Err I know quite a lot of people on there and none are banned :/ I don't know where you get these statistics from but if you went all vulgar and started swearing at the staff (be it in an email or a ticket) then of course they will ban you. I would ban you too if I got something like that sent to me. You need to understand that you have to be mature in your posts and at the same time angry but not go over the top.

Don't get me wrong, Im not "Hating" on your or anything, but please stop posting negative stuff about the game, you would do everybody a favour of reading the same old s..ugar over and over again.

Thanks

I've already done it, in several ways:para:

What cheating or complaining ? :cheeky:

Don't get me wrong, Im not "Hating" on your or anything, but please stop posting negative stuff about the game, you would do everybody a favour of reading the same old s..ugar over and over again.

Thanks

That was a big mistake :lol:

It'll make him do a post twice as long with double the whining + explanations for his whining.

Yes, I don't have anything personal against him. I just have some experience of this ;)

Okay dude, I have seen about 5-6 posts of yours now around the forums and all are negative, abusing the makers of the game or just trying to say how bad TDU2 is.

Check out his post count. It says 190. And guess what is in 99% of those posts? Yep, you've right. You can find his constant whining about how TDU2 is a bad game, and it's getting really boring. No wait, we are long time ago pass that. It's mind numbing, and for God's sake, he should stop bashing Eden and this game already. Elder, you've made your point. We heard it... I mean, read it for 1000 times already, and there's really no point in writing same old thing again... and again. ;)

Check out his post count. It says 190. And guess what is in 99% of those posts? Yep, you've right. You can find his constant whining about how TDU2 is a bad game, and it's getting really boring. No wait, we are long time ago pass that. It's mind numbing, and for God's sake, he should stop bashing Eden and this game already. Elder, you've made your point. We heard it... I mean, read it for 1000 times already, and there's really no point in writing same old thing again... and again. ;)

Seriously, what is "old" in this thread? I was just asking if save games were incompatible or not. After knowing the answer I just said that for people who may experience problems with the save files or the console itself, the block would not let them back up their files. Plus my opinion of what should be done to earn more money in TDU2. Unfortunately, the "old" ones were able to turn my thread into a freaking hell.

So, if my posts are all complains, which isn't true, if all my threads are the same, why do the same guys keep posting over and over, instead of just not reading my threads at all? You don't like my threads, don't read them, don't come here and post the same shut ups all over again to ruin my thread.

I was trying to get people to talk about whether save files should be blocked or not. But now you've completely ruined my thread by attacking me. Just like you have done with most of my thread. Seriously, go drown yourselves. I am writing about a VIDEO GAME not your mothers!

Seriously, go drown yourselves. I am writing about a VIDEO GAME not your mothers!

Is this suppose to be a threat ? :rolleyes:

Dude your being immature, and annoying by posting the same stuff all the time. Okay this thread is about savegames but what you suggest in your first post, goes into the category of cheating. Just do online races + CRC and you will get money, stop complaining. And do Grow Up please, no need for insults.

i thought the save files were connected to your PSN so someone else cant use your save file if you decide to back up the files then you can only use it with the PSN account you created it with....

but thats my guess

I hope we are able to do that. Right now with all the progress and levels... every time I play the game I am thinking like "OMG, what if this save file gets damaged or smth?". I will try to start a new game and backup that file, delete the main file and copy the backup to see if it works. It would be really nice.

Is this suppose to be a threat ? :rolleyes:

Dude your being immature, and annoying by posting the same stuff all the time. Okay this thread is about savegames but what you suggest in your first post, goes into the category of cheating. Just do online races + CRC and you will get money, stop complaining. And do Grow Up please, no need for insults.

I don't believe I am insulting no one. Its just that every single time I start a thread a bunch of guys come around and just ruin it. Okay I started bad, I complained every time but now I am trying to ask questions and start some discussions, maybe some polls or something. Unfortunately I am getting bashed by the same people all the time, people who judge me for my first posts. People that have no right nor reason to do so.

Relating to the topic, I think its kind of bad that Events for example pay so miserably. Man, I did some calculating and you need about 60 million $ to buy everything, that is just unreachable. If events paid like 50.000 or 100.000 it would be better. Plus you should be able to compete in the Championships again, maybe not the Cups but at least there should be a way to get more money or faster. This isn't something that came out of my mouth, a lot of fans are complaining about this, but of course, whenever I complain... my GOD its like I talked ill of someone's mother, and that is what I am referring to above.