We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My SRT-8

killalldude

I've noticed this area of TDU:C has been really quiet. Well, I've come to add some V8 thunder :p.

Recently we added an 06' Chrysler 300C SRT-8 with just over 27k miles to our family stable. It's silver with a black interior. My parents have labeled it 'my car,' however as always there is a caveat to this: I still have to use the Taurus until it either fails its safety inspection in May or it just kicks the bucket. I really like this car, everything from its styling to its powah to it's interior (well that's not saying much, I mean I'm moving up from a car that's 20 years old lol). It's pretty damn fast I must say, much faster than I thought it would be. I figured the weight of the car would numb down the overall 'sporty' feeling, but it doesn't. It accelerates effortlessly. Today they let me take it to school, and I got quite a few stares :cool:. It's an awesome car, I love it! I'll get some pics up in the near future once I've got some free time. ;)

I guess it's time to change teh sig and avatar... BAk where are you!?! :p

Lmao, for those of you guys saying I should break my Taurus I can't, my sister is learning in it now. If I break it, she'd have to use our 93' Town and Country, and that's a huge car for a learner :lol:

Can't wait to see some pics.

Do you know what the performance specs on it are?

It's a 6.1L V8 producing 425 horsepower... 0-60 in the upper 4's lower 5's. The speedo tops at 185, but there's probably a limiter on it. I'm a typical American when it comes to cars and the only spec I look at is horsepower, I'm sorry if I didn't post enough :o. But then again they also look at quarter mile drag times so maybe not... :confused:

SRT4 bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro

You've got an SRT-4? We can be Mopar bros!! :D

whoa i love the 300C especially the SRT8 they are proper muscle cars... have you tried to max it out yet?

Hehe I haven't tried that yet. Surprisingly there aren't that many super-straight roads around here (I know, you'd expect the U.S. not to have any bends in the roads right? :p), except for the highways. I don't think I'd even be able to handle a car at speeds over 100mph, 90 is the fastest I've ever been (that was a different car though). I have gotten it to redline in first, but then I had to slow down since I ran out of road :(. It sounded awesome though!

=mistery;402141]That is quite an upgrade! Keep the 89 as a winter car though... You never know when a beater will come in handy!

Careful with the powa as it might provide some unwanted entertainment on rough surfaces.

Hey! It's a 91! :cheeky: I've actually accidentally spun the tires a few times, nothing crazy though. But yeah, some of the roads around here are still a bit sandy from the last few snowstorms, so when there isn't much traction it spins.

Sorry about no pics yet, I took the SATs on Saturday and I was going to take some pics on Sunday, but I got entangled in some other stuff. I'll get some proper pics this coming Sunday. If you look carefully,I do have a crappy photo of this car lying around on this forum ;)

iLL actually has a Camaro lol. Also I wouldn't try to max it.. Yesterday Me and my friend maxed his F-150 at 100MPH (Limited) Crested a hill annnndddd. Lights aflashed, $351 ticket, 4 demerits, and is Parents took his truck.. Whoops..

425.. Wow. :p

Okay, I personally have a lot of anger towards American industry and the declining state of the country, but do not insult the power of the engine. First of all, it was designed eight years ago by the SRT team seven years ago (*cough*team, Millie*cough* :cheeky: j/k), and as such, I'll provide a list of vehicles that were around during the SRT8's first year of production (~2004) that it had more horsepower than:

• Ferrari 360
  • E39 BMW M5
  • Maserati Gransport
  • Audi RS4 B5
  • Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5)
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS (996)
  • Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage

And here's a quick list of present-day cars it's still more powerful than:

• Audi RS4 B7
  • BMW M3 E92
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • Ford Mustang GT (5.0)
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STI
  • Lotus Evora
  • Chevrolet Corvette C6
  • Dodge Challenger
  • Porsche 911 GTS
  • Audi R8 4.2

I'll admit, if it were me, I would by no means chose a 300C for that price point (and would be happy with less power), but I can completely understand the appeal. In fact, I know many people who would choose this car over the Ferraris and Porsches listed above. But I wouldn't consider insulting the power of this car (even if you're saying it in relation to engine size).

The defining aspect of the car was that it was achievable. Like most modern US muscle cars, it cost a fraction of the sticker on any of the most prestigious vehicles listed above. Sure, they may have been more refined and more connected, but in terms of power? And in a sedan?

Also, making the engine huge was a cost-effective way to drop the price. The manufacturer didn't need to worry about squeezing every last horse per liter out of the engine - they just made it huge, rough, and ready. There are tons of kits for this car (and cars like it) that modify the engine in excess of 600, 800, and even 1000 horsepower, but those kits cost money and include parts like superchargers that lower the livability of the vehicle.

So, yes, some of us would pick other cars over an SRT8, and you may not recognize the amount of horsepower given the engine size, but 425 horsepower is by no means laughable (or small), even seven years later. :)

-Leadfoot

Is that the one with the slushbox? :( I'm sure they had one with a 6 speed manny so there's a chance you got lucky :p

The 09+ Challengers have 6 speed manuals, and if I'm not mistaken some people have swapped manual transmissions from these Challengers into other LX platform (300, Charger, & Magnum) vehicles. But from the factory, it only came with a 5-speed auto :(.

I really did want a manual, but I was told that whatever car I chose, it had to have four doors. The only manual sedan (at least in the States that appealed to me) was the BMW E60's and Pontiac G8 GXP. The GXP was out of budget and the E60s in my price range were only 525i's and 530i's, which were extremely difficult to find. I always preferred the styling of the 300 over these two cars, and this one was practically a steal so we decided to go ahead and get it.

iLL actually has a Camaro lol. Also I wouldn't try to max it.. Yesterday Me and my friend maxed his F-150 at 100MPH (Limited) Crested a hill annnndddd. Lights aflashed, $351 ticket, 4 demerits, and is Parents took his truck.. Whoops..

Oh, from his post I thought he had an SRT-4. Camaros are epic though! And yeah I wouldn't do that on a public road. They'd suspend my license in no time. There's also a police station quite close to where I live, so there really isn't much place for me to step over the line :p.

Awesome choice! The 300 SRT-8 is a beast of a car. I've been in a few of them and driven one myself, put a smile on my face every time.

Hehe it does the same for me :D.

@Leadfoot: Thanks for that ammunition :) 425 is a lot of power for an everyday family car. In this one, you don't really notice the power unless you get a little leadfooted though *cough cough* :p

Hehe I haven't tried that yet. Surprisingly there aren't that many super-straight roads around here (I know, you'd expect the U.S. not to have any bends in the roads right? :p), except for the highways. I don't think I'd even be able to handle a car at speeds over 100mph, 90 is the fastest I've ever been (that was a different car though). I have gotten it to redline in first, but then I had to slow down since I ran out of road :(. It sounded awesome though!

well after reading this answer i'd say that you should see how the car handles at high speeds. i once had my Mercedes CLS63 AMG a while back before i crashed it and i easily went over 250 with that but it kinda felt slow it was to relaxing...

however i recently went racing in the M3 and i got up to 260kph with it it felt awesome but kinda harder to control than the AMG.

i'd say drive the car to get to know it better. take it to its limit after driving it for a while so you kinda have a better knowledge of what the car will do when under certain circumstances.

you may have driven the Taurus but i'd say start over with the SRT because they are two VERY different cars and handle differently under any circumstances and dont drive like a monkey with it because its an awesome car and i wouldnt be happy if you ruined it ;)

* bear in mind that this post is my opinion from my own knowledge so i may be wrong here*

have fun with the car :D

• 1 month later...