We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase

iLLGT3

I checked out a GS6 Edge yesterday at a T-Mobile store. Fantastic design. I'd get it over the regular GS6, but third-party apps will used the curved part of the screen (unlike stock/included apps which keep things within the flat part), so things don't look right a lot of the time.

Yep, but being my first glass phone I'm finding it a slippery little sucker. Survived it's first drop test initiation tonight with flying colours. Can't even put it on my leg/lap when sitting as it just slides straight off.

All of the 'edge' apps/novelties are turned off by default - haven't even gone looking for them yet, but let's be honest - we'd only get the edge because it looks purty. :)

Congrats on the S6. I had a look at both the Edge and the standard variant and liked it a lot! The fit & finish is really good and I feel like they finally justified its price by going the more luxurious route. When I first grabbed the Edge, compared to the standard one it felt like a much thinner device thanks to the rounded display.

As a Galaxy S5 owner I wouldn't mind a 32GB Edge. :)

Ry, please tell me how's the battery life. The last thing I want is worse battery life than I have now with the S5.

Congrats on the S6. I had a look at both the Edge and the standard variant and liked it a lot! The fit & finish is really good and I feel like they finally justified its price by going the more luxurious route. When I first grabbed the Edge, compared to the standard one it felt like a much thinner device thanks to the rounded display.

As a Galaxy S5 owner I wouldn't mind a 32GB Edge. :)

Ry, please tell me how's the battery life. The last thing I want is worse battery life than I have now with the S5.

I didn't really get to see either device, I just went in, told them which variant I was interested in (Black 64GB Edge) and we proceeded upstairs to switch my service over. Started playing with it later when I got back to work and the S3 lost service.

I can't really compare battery life to the S5, plus with the first few days you tend to use the device more than normal so I can't say too much on it. One thing that does annoy me is that the included 'fast charge adapter' is too darn fast. I'd normally chuck the phone on charge at night then pull it off in the morning, but this thing will give me 50% extra battery in something ridiculous like 20 minutes. So I may revert to slow overnight charging by connecting it to my PC (which any of my active Steam friends can tell you is on 24/7).

I'm so tempted to buy the edge but I'm not sure if it's better than the note apart from aesthetics, you reckon you could whip up a mini review after some use?

Couple of points so far:

Dragging icons from one home screen to another seems easier with the defined edges,

Pressing buttons on the edges sometimes takes a couple of attempts.

I really miss the dedicated menu button on the left of the physical home button, which is now a multi-view/recent apps task switcher doodad. I'm sure there will be an app to change it back to my preference sooner than later (haven't looked yet).

Never mind the drop test. What about the bend test?

Who uses back pockets these days? This isn't the 80's.

Fixed.

:leaves:

Need my blender for daily smoothies, so I'll leave that to the experts.

I didn't really get to see either device, I just went in, told them which variant I was interested in (Black 64GB Edge) and we proceeded upstairs to switch my service over. Started playing with it later when I got back to work and the S3 lost service.

I can't really compare battery life to the S5, plus with the first few days you tend to use the device more than normal so I can't say too much on it. One thing that does annoy me is that the included 'fast charge adapter' is too darn fast. I'd normally chuck the phone on charge at night then pull it off in the morning, but this thing will give me 50% extra battery in something ridiculous like 20 minutes. So I may revert to slow overnight charging by connecting it to my PC (which any of my active Steam friends can tell you is on 24/7).

Couple of points so far:

Dragging icons from one home screen to another seems easier with the defined edges,

Pressing buttons on the edges sometimes takes a couple of attempts.

I really miss the dedicated menu button on the left of the physical home button, which is now a multi-view/recent apps task switcher doodad. I'm sure there will be an app to change it back to my preference sooner than later (haven't looked yet).

Who uses back pockets these days? This isn't the 80's.

Need my blender for daily smoothies, so I'll leave that to the experts.

I take it you don't wear skinny jeans *cough CLR* :p

Slow charging should also keep the battery in good condition for longer. I've always wondered why you are on Steam allllllllll the time. :hmmm: