We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase

iLLGT3

Well since this thread is active again (I cbb finding this thread last week)

Samsung ATIV 700T 128GB SSD with Windows 8 Pro Media Centre

Laptop/tablet

samsung-ativ-smart-pc-pro-700t-128gb-6.jpg

315040-samsung-ativ-smartpc-pro-700t-tablet.jpg

Purchased from Officeworks for $1299 + $56 for the Windows 8 Pro Pack upgrade

en-US_Win_8_Pro_Pk_5VR-00001.jpg

Plus purchased Office 365 University for $99 (or $25 per year - that's cheaper than Xbox LIVE Gold), which comes with 60 minutes of free Skype every month, and an extra 20GB of SkyDrive (in addition to the free 7GB everyone has, and the extra free 20GB I have for being a long-term member - so total 47GB). If Office 2016 comes out I'll get it for free as part of the subscription.

l_20841572.jpg

Windows 8 may not be great for desktops (although you can get the old Start Menu back for $5 from Stardock so it's not that bad) but it is very good on the tablet.

That would be great :D I think there is one about the 10 years of development Toyota spent on Lexus. :hmmm:

Went car shopping, found some nice Mercs, didn't see the new IS in Lexus so drove on. Spent an hour looking at guitars, decided I want a Fender Stratocaster Lone Star after playing it and a '13 Gibson LP Studio. Briefly browsed the bookshop (it's big) and bought The Catcher In The Rye. :nods:

decided I want a Fender Stratocaster Lone Star after playing it and a '13 Gibson LP Studio.

haha what luck I went to chelsea guitars and the new sam ash to check out some gear as well.( Not actually luck I'm there like every week:P)

The Lone Star is pretty good for that money, I would still take the mexican standard over it at that range.

Today I've played some teles, and the new memphis 335s :drool:

50th Anniversary 1963 ES-335 TD Block VOS | Hollowbody Series | Gibson Custom Shop | Electrics | Wildwood Guitars

help pl0x

haha what luck I went to chelsea guitars and the new sam ash to check out some gear as well.( Not actually luck I'm there like every week:P)

The Lone Star is pretty good for that money, I would still take the mexican standard over it at that range.

Today I've played some teles, and the new memphis 335s :drool:

50th Anniversary 1963 ES-335 TD Block VOS | Hollowbody Series | Gibson Custom Shop | Electrics | Wildwood Guitars

help pl0x

I spent an hour in confusion, mainly because the guy who works there decided to give me a Gibson to compare to... :lol: The mexican is brilliant value for money, but I like me a Humbucker / Single / Single :hmmm:

I spent an hour in confusion, mainly because the guy who works there decided to give me a Gibson to compare to... :lol: The mexican is brilliant value for money, but I like me a Humbucker / Single / Single :hmmm:

I think you can get mexican standard in HSS but they don't make them anymore you have to shop around a bit

Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar | Musicians Friend

here's my dilemma

or

for my next purchase

Nice one, looks super tidy. Now we're beige buddies :p

Your dad must be upset that he can't drive it since it's a manual (I'm guessing)

Thanks. Yeah, it's a clean car. Originally from Georgia (meaning no snowy winters and no road salt), so there's no rust, and the interior is in excellent shape.

And yeah, my dad won't be able to drive it without extensive modification. :( But he likes new cars better anyway (he's been skeptical of the whole process buying this one, and keeps reminding me that the '80s weren't the peak of automotive reliability haha).

:drool2: So clean! How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, I had to drive down to West Virginia (1250 miles round trip) to pick it up, but the result is that WOW is it in good shape. Final price was $5400, then plus $400 for tax/reg and another $400 in gas ( :eek: ) to get down there and back up. Not a deal, but a fair price for a car in great condition.

That thing looks like it's in immaculate condition. A friend of mine has an 80's 5-Series, it feels tight for it's age. I bet this is the same way. You need the Euro front bumper though.

Yeah, I love the way it drives. Feels more... competent than my friend's E30, and it's in better condition than the E28 owned by the kid across the street haha. There's something rewarding about driving a big, heavy coupe. I'd much rather switch to a Euro bumper, but it would require welding, and I'm not sure I'm ready to dive into that just yet. ;)

-Leadfoot