We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

For those that wanted Lamborghinis in TDU2...

Retribution

Destra didn't fully explain why they can't have both - it's popular belief that part of the Ferrari contract was to remove Lambo from being present at all. This, presumably, includes DLC. I hate to crush your hopes, but it's unlikely that we'll see any Atari-supported Lamborghinis in TDU2.

Thanks for posting this, though, and welcome to TDUC! :)

-Leadfoot

Every time this matter is brought back... its really painful. Lamborghini has some of thee most beautiful and sought after cars, everyone knows that. So I would give somee serious money of my own as a donation to help them get it. I would be happy to have Maserati back too but...

Its not confirmed but I also guess Lambos won't make it to TDU2. So I wanted to express my rage against this injustice. Man, these guys try to make a great game and add all the fans favourite cars and they get bashed by these stupid licensing issues.

Sincerely, those buttheads at BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini and Maserati should be flattered to have their cars in TDU2. Unfortunately money continues to block EDEN from overtaking all other racing games in quality and variety. A shame that it has to be like that!:mad:

The word going around is that Atari had to pay a lot for the license to include Ferrari's in the game, and Atari couldn't afford to put both Ferrari and Lamborghini, since they couldn't match the amount of money they gave to Ferrari for Lamborghini. But maybe from the money they got from the release of the game (which was quite a bit, the release was successful) they could acquire the license for Lambos and include them in a DLC somewhere? Hopefully.

And thanks Leadfoot, although i've been lurking since 09 :D

If the game does well then Lambo could be a possibility, they also know how much people would love to see BMW in the game and as far as I know BMW may be available to be licensed later in the year, so here's hoping!

Well Holmes did say that the game was at "the top of sales charts in many territories" so you never know.. :lol:

Perhaps I don't have quite the obsession for BMW that other people have. Just thinking in terms of TDU really, most the "normal" car manufactures have a car that competes in the higher leagues (Ford GT, Chevy Corvette, Audi R8, Merc SLS etc) BMW have a lot of really nice mid cars but.. nothing that gets into the supercar category, if I make sense.

Still wouldn't say no though..

@t. I agree, BMW has no supercar at this moment, that would be looking to older cars like the Z8 (even though it ain't a supercar) or the M1, all of the current stuffthey have is just tuned, like an S65 is a tuned S600 the M5 is just a modified 5, they don't have a fully separate developed sportscar unlike an SLS, Vette or R8.

However, what does VW have? The W12's are not in. What does Jaguar have? The XKR at most, no supercar though. Lancia has nothing interesting at the moment. So I wouldn't rule BMW out just as they don't have a top of the range representative.

BMW could get the X5/X6 for the SUV class, perhaps the 507 alongside the C1 Vette and 300SL, and a 6/M6 against the low/mid range AM's. The 1-series could work in the A7/A6 segment and the M3 or the most powerful stock 3 could target the S5 (M3 maybe also RS5?).

BMW isn't all about speed and exotic looks, it's about the brand and the cars. Is an E30 M3 a fast car? Not really but 99% (98% European + 1% Americas :cheeky:) of people would love to have it in any game that has cars in it.

Thinking of Mercedes in fact, a 190 Evo II would be very very nice indeed!

I want a M3 CSL so badddd.... I would pay £10 just for that car to be in there even if it was on its own DLC :(

But BMW won't be in TDU2, thats for sure since EA owns it. Same goes for Porsche. (but at least we have RUF hey)

Lambo on the other hand is possible.

I want a M3 CSL so badddd.... I would pay £10 just for that car to be in there even if it was on its own DLC :(

But BMW won't be in TDU2, thats for sure since EA owns it. Same goes for Porsche. (but at least we have RUF hey)

Lambo on the other hand is possible.

PGR and Forza and GT5 all have BMW and there not EA.

That's why I was so often referring to NFS5 PU/P2000, Eden did it so they áre capable to do so many stuff TDU could have used. However now it seems the small troubled and relatively unknown devs need to be looked at, Synetic, SCS, that Car Driving Instructor, they all have so many details for vehicles to make em perfect.

I hope Lambo, BMW and more new brands will make it to TDU2.

BMW's issue isn't licensing...it's open world street racers...BMW and Honda/Acura do not want their cars in open world racers with cops, that's why you don't see them in Midnight Club either. Honda isn't in Hot Pursuit, Undercover or anything since Underground, yet shift has the NSX and S2000.

This may explain why BMW showed up in Forza and Gran Turismo. Porsche showed up in Forza probably due to Microsoft being able to back the cash that EA wanted. Porsche wasn't in Polyphony Digital for more than just a money issue.