We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Super Sport Exotics VS "Normal" cars

I know most of people really enjoy Super Sport cars the most, and TDU2's concept goes around being a successful and rich person who can afford those exotic cars.

In my opinion the thing with super sports cars is that they are represented in every single game on the market and they get really boring. Right now my question/idea is if probably we shouldn't have more "normal" cars?

I think TDU2 is the only game with the background and online world to make this happen and actually work. I would like more Sedans, more SUVs, more Japanese Imports. This is not NFS but having like more normal cars with further tuning options, mostly for acceleration and speed would really spice up the online competition. I think cruising around in a car that from the outside seems pretty boring and slow but really the top work is inside the bonnet would be very exciting. Personally I prefer to cruise around in a Sedan rather than in an Exotic Car.

I would suggest more tuning, deeper tuning, really building your car from scratch, take it to the open road and surprise your friends. I think this would come nicely with a Hardcore Physics DLC/Update. Being able to buy pieces for your car's interior, different suspensions, editing your gearbox, add new tyres, etc... and get your very personalized vehicle into the streets to challenges people. This isn't something for right now, but later on I think this would make the game more interesting and would really give a special meaning to those nights on the highway.

Please comment on this and give me your opinions!:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree completely if they want arcade they should go all in. Maybe people want tdu as a hybrid realism/arcade game but I would like it if they did the deep tuning in the style of NFS 2000/Porsche Unleashed (my fave game ever) with you purchasing specific parts pertaining to real stats of the car. An example of this is installing a 2.7 L 365 A Engine rather than the stock 1.8L which would increase speed and acceleration. Different body materials change the acceleration but also the damage to the car. The last part might be too much but still it would be nice. If anyone owns NFS Porsche unleashed then they know what I am talking about. P.S I hate the 914!

Are these the same normal cars that fill my garages for the sake of an achievement? The same dull boxes I may use once every six months when I'm going through some weird phase or are required to for game progression?

If we had the option to sell stuff then great, but I loathe the thought of fast, classic or interesting cars missing out on inclusion to a load of what I would typically call filler.

I agree with t.

We need the option to sell cars, then get all sorts of every day drivers. Although the Challenger is enough if you ask me

The NFS Porsche brings up a sore point for me. How did Eden, who also did that small marvel of a game with very deep car tuning options get TDU2 tuning so wrong?

I do want some more normal versions, but not normal versions of already cheap cars. I'm really not waiting for 2.0 diesels or 4-cilinder compacts, I'm more interested in for example an SL500 instead of reusing that damn 65 AMG all the time. However it'll always be a fail-fail choice.

The only game I ever played that was perfect with this sort of super-vs-nromal thing was Mercedes-Benz World Racing, basically since it offered EVERY motor available to class X, from C180 to C32, the only thing it lacked was visual differences and long wheelbase versions for the A, S and short versions of the G.

Haven't seen any plans surrounding modular parts in the cars, but I agree that it could be cool!

I think that the direction of the game is still moving towards classics and supercars, but it's good to know that people are interested in some of the more everyday vehicles as well! :)

I drive a 'normal' car, all my friends drive normal cars. I see normal cars everyday of my life.

Agree with t.

An M5 is not something I'd class as a normal car... so would love to see it and similar ingame.

All the "Lexi" were normal cars in TDU and how often did you drive them or see others drive them?

:rolleyes:

I just thought of something now you mention the Lexus, we used them often in Mafia cruises and such however despite the popularity of Mafia in TDU there isn't any cars you can use as a Mafia car in TDU2 at the moment is their? :hmmm:

Apart from the 4x4's of course.

It's that we now have the co-op driving thing that I'm not really into the 4/5 seater cars, since there's no use for the backseats as you can only bring along one person. I'd love to see the playercount being raised to 16 at least for in free roam, and up to 4 people in one car co-opping.