We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My Ferrari tuned itself. WTF??!!!

Organic Zero

First, no, i didn't edit the game files, nor used a trainer.

I was driving it normally, and decided to get a 8C Spider. Went on, bought it and tuned it. Did some races and decided to return to the F458.

Instead of going to one of my houses, I entered a A2 Single Player race, changed to it and got out of the championship. Didn't bother looking on the specs. Only when a buddy told me that o noticed what happened. The car now is level 3, just like my 8C. i tried to reproduce the glitch but no luck. Because of that, its the only car i refuse to sell/trade.

I've been using it on mp races without problems, but only against friends. I don't need anyone going around claiming that I'm cheating when they don't know what is going on.

I've also submitted a report on tdu2 site, but noone seemed to bother with it.

So far, to me, it seems that like TDU1, the game has the tuning files for Ferraris. Maybe its something that all cars need to work on game, despite them being locked or not.

Anyway, if anyone feels like this is fake. My TDU2 screen name is organiczero. Hit me up and I'll show you the car.

similar thing has happened to me, in 2 different 458. it might be that car being extra prone to the specific glitch?

That car is just that awesome.. or ugly.. or both.

More seriously, I hope this is an isolated issue to the 458. Otherwise.. we'll have to add it to the top of the ever-increasing bug list.

Cool - is it actually faster or is it just the specs being shown as different?

yes, its faster. i did a couple of drag races against my friend. To ensure the results we set both cars on full assist on the options and automatic transmission. It jumps of the line faster and has a better top speed. Brakes are just a little better than before.

yes, its faster. i did a couple of drag races against my friend. To ensure the results we set both cars on full assist on the options and automatic transmission. It jumps of the line faster and has a better top speed. Brakes are just a little better than before.

Its just a bug I guess :/ There isn't anything about an official Ferrari Tuner.

Very interesting!

If anyone ends up with specific reproduction steps, please feel free to post them in our bug report forums so it can be escalated. As of this moment, it seems completely random. :confused:

If anyone affected by the issue feels like sending over their Save file, feel free to post it somewhere and PM me with a link. I'll happily send it over to the developers, though I don't know that a save file would contain enough information to fully reproduce the issue. Worth a try, though.

As glitches go, I think you should be pretty happy with this one, Organic. Plus, I'll bet a bunch of Ferrari-based clubs would really like to have you join. :p

Although tbh I don't like switching to 7spd DSG cars as I have to keep switching from H Shifter + Clutch to Sequential (TDU1 was better with this).

Ah, that was one of my favorite moments in my history of gaming - the moment when I realized that the reason my F430 wasn't moving in any H-shifter gear was because it did not have a manual transmission. And TDU1 knew this and made it automatically a paddle-shift car. It was, yes, that awesome. :)

Reason #759 why TDU1 is still the best racing game on the market.

-Leadfoot

Although tbh I don't like switching to 7spd DSG cars as I have to keep switching from H Shifter + Clutch to Sequential (TDU1 was better with this).

I hope Destra comes back and see's that post :) (To repeat a well used sentence but...) considering how much of TDU has been recycled into TDU2, you'd have thought they'd leave in some of the nice touches that made the first one good!

It made for some funny noob threads on the old official TDU1 forums :)

That and the thread where someone got lost and couldn't find their house due to not knowing about the Map function :lol:

LOL Someone actually did that ? haha I swear in the first bit when you start TDU it introduces you to how to use the Map doesn't it ?

Very interesting!

If anyone ends up with specific reproduction steps, please feel free to post them in our bug report forums so it can be escalated. As of this moment, it seems completely random. :confused:

If anyone affected by the issue feels like sending over their Save file, feel free to post it somewhere and PM me with a link. I'll happily send it over to the developers, though I don't know that a save file would contain enough information to fully reproduce the issue. Worth a try, though.

as far my understanding of file structures goes, if the save files have a game log file, with a description of all your previous actions, there's a chance to find an answer for why this happened. Otherwise i can't see it. Either way i'll send the save file to you

Anyway, like some people posted, some of my friends were able to buy the California from the used dealer with level 2 tunings. If i get hold of them again i'll try to take a picture.

• 2 weeks later...