We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ichibu: Optimised Shadows

Ichibu

good to hear ppl :)

thought i might drop by and upload a couple new things

first i make a little batch file to make it easy to load a config with only UpLauncher (still a pain in the ass but less than moving files around manually)

second i upload my own personal settings, properly scaled for performance from Low to Very High

some changes in resolutions and distances, should make for smoother gameplay without noticeable decrease of quality. and as always, shadow distance is increased that u cannot see them draw :)

TDU2 Shadow Fix 3.rar

recommend anyone who use my mod, but not No Shadows or Framerate fix only, to update to this one; it should be better

happy gaming

• 4 months later...

So I installed this mod, but I don't know if it worked. I ran the loader, and it said activated, but that's about it... Is it really this simple, or am I missing something? I looked at the second version, and it had shadows file, and qualitysettings file to replace. The third doesn't however, so I'm wondering if replacing those is no longer necessary?

Hey ichibu, I just noticed something :)

Initially you was telling people they would have to use this offline. then you did the Bat file which makes it work with uplauncher.. There is a far easier thing you could do... Run universal launcher. That skips all file checks and still lets you go online just fine. I had a look at the bat file, its basically just a renamer script.

So if you backup your existing Quality_settings.cpr , then replace it ( either by using your bat file or manually renaming the file ) with your file, then running universal launcher instead of uplauncher. You will be able to take this online no problem without worries of files getting restored to the originals.

Also you wont get banned for using this, the servers won't check for this kind of file while the game is running. i currently run a modded GamePC.cpr and a modded Physics.cpr file and have done for months without issue. so i doubt another modded .cpr file will suddenly cause alarm bells to ring.

Its also a bit difficult for anyone to know that you have a modded file as only you see the changes due to the files being read locally not server side. ( similar to using car mods) Unless somebody else is also using the exact same mod nobody would know. If i modded a ferrari to be a lambo and i drive past people to everyone else it still looks like a ferrari. So its quite safe to run online without problems.

To anyone worried about ANY mods corrupting a save game.. The only thing that corrupts your save game is messing with your save game. Swapping files in the main game directories has no effect on your save game what so ever.. So you can stop panicking :)

Just thought id let you know ichibu.

Oh and Thanks very much for this :) i do use very high settings for most things but environment settings is something i have set on medium so it will be nice to be able to use higher settings for that as well.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...