We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

vfgdfg: Indicator/Turn Signal/Blinkers Mod

Stew2000

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Old post, yet same problem 5 years later. I can't hear the sound of the indicators. I'm using Knyazev's Universal Launcher (v3.5) and I'm wondering if it's to do with that. However, the program seems to run when TDU2 is running, and doesn't appear to display any issues it's just that I can't hear it at all. I tried different cars to no avail. I adjusted the 'sound' for the little program from 0-100, I still can't hear the ticking. I turned on all audio in the 'audio' section of the options screen and that made no difference either. I have the three files for the mod right in the TDU2 folder and have followed exactly what everyone else has done. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out with this. I'm not the only one with the issue, so others will benefit from your much needed solution.

I just downloaded the .rar, it hase 3 files in side 2 mono sound waves extracted on a special bit rated and the .exe file. Im using universal launcher with 0.4 and 1.6 patch. I extracted the files to a folder on the desktop named Indicator mod. I launched the .exe then the game pressed start and hitted the blinkers and the sounds started playing.. If your on a windows 10 system try to run it in admin and compabilitie mode for windows 7. The program is not broken!

GUYS I figured out the solution faster than expected, but the solution was certainly as simple as i expected. UAC. You don't need to turn it off. You just need to make sure that the folder you put the mod files in is not UAC protected. Do NOT put them in your TDU2 root folder. Put them in your downloads folder or your documents folder. I ran the exe of the mod from the desktop before launching the Uni Launcher. Be sure to run as administrator AND place the mod files in a non-UAC protected folder such as documents or downloads or even your desktop. UAC is simply preventing the mod from communicating with the game. UAC has been bad news for any kind of game modding in the past.

--- Post Updated ---

Xander thanks for your response as that would have made it work for me if I'd seen your reply before I fixed it. :)

• 5 months later...

Do you using the steam version?

I have the Polish/East European Retail (pre-ordered through local store in Hungary, my home country), maybe that's the problem?

I will try with the international version.

I'm using windows 10, but as far as I remember it was never worked at me with the latest patch (DLC v034 build16?), even tested on win7 x64.

I'm using the unpacked version, but tried with the packed, it's not working.

I am using west-europe (german) standard edition, not steam and/or gold edition or someting like that.

About steam ... there is somewhere a handy explanation how to install TDU2 without using steam, afaik.

My game is unpacked, latest official and unofficial patches installed.

About Win10 I don't know anything, I don't use it and will never do.

No luck with another game version :(

Could you upload your Indicator mod, and game exe? Maybe one of them are different than mine, or indicatormod is older version which I don't have.

Edit.:

Interesting, it's started to working after it's crashed one time. I don't understand, didn't change anything.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, guys 🙂

I wanna ask something about this mod... First of all its working fine in mygame, thanks to Ryzza for the batch file. When the engine is off the mod is ticking fine and clear, but when i start the engine and when im driving i hear weird noise and crackle with the ticking in the speakers just like when is too loud. Is it only in me and how can i change the volume of the mod?

Thanks 😉

Edited by SilverBENZ

22 hours ago, Ryzza5 said:

So a quick search online how to use the windows volume mixer to adjust each app volume independently.

Or use the in game audio settings to turn down the game volume relative to the mod.

Hi!

Thanks for the tips 😉

Also i saw that, when the mod is waiting for the game to starting there is a volume option, which is changing with the arrow keys left and right.

The last was to take the alternative sound from Fatal 😉

Edited by SilverBENZ