We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

dissapearing traffic

TheStorm

Anyone else notice that all the traffic dissapears as you get near 200 mph? Or have I found another bug and it only does that to me?

Doesn't seem to happen to me..might be an isolated incident for a particular vehicle, like the 'self-tuning' Ferrari. Which car did you use? Online or Offline?

Same here.

I think it happens when the game joins players into sessions. And, i THINK it might be a necessary measure to synchronize the environment of the concerned players.

If this were a real MOOR (in a sense of "massive"), this wouldn't be necessary. But it simply isn't.

Anyway, not a big deal to me. As we all know there are other known issues, worse than that.

happens to me all the time on the highways. From what i could understand, the game is failing to keep the traffic spawing speed with your driving speed. Thus traffic cars actually spawn behind you instead of in front of you.

Atleast behind you..In NFS Undercover, the textures can't keep up with a Bugatti..and once a dumptruck spawned ON me. -.-

Thanks for the info guys. Can't escalate this one as-is just yet; seems like there are a few possibilities regarding what's going on, but unless there are specific steps to reproduce the issue in a given situation, it sounds like an expected limitation of the engine. Sorry that it's annoying - let me know if you guys come up with any other data on this.

It happens to me Storm. Sometimes im not even driving fast and they just vanish of the road. Can be annoying when you brake hard and they disapear, lol.

I agree and this has nothing to do with changing sessions or speed for that matter, I will be driving change lanes to avoid another car (traffic) then when I get to near him he just disappears.....like lol what...why did I change lanes then.....it happens with all types of cars and its more than just annoying its redundant like most things in this game.....

• 1 month later...

That bug has only happened to me in online mode. In offline mode I never had seen spawning cars and dissapearing cars. They always spawned and disappeared when they weren´t in sight. I guess there are 2 things that could make it happen: You may have noticed that the traffic always spawns some kilometers away from you. But there is a maximum number of trafficcars. So if there are many players driving at different places of the island. there may be some problems with balancing the cars so that everybody sees some.

2nd possibility: Connection. Simple connection probs^^