We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Exploration Pack DLC & Patch Info *Official update on TDU2.com*

Eudemon

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been confirmed by tdu2.co.uk but somewhat hesitantly received by some who feel that it may be false (due to "anyone being able to create a blog"), I can state that an Atari official has confirmed that the Exploration Pack DLC is definitely coming. It hasn't been canned, cancelled, terminated or fed to the local village idiot. It is coming and hopefully very erm ....well you know.

It's news already known but I know how some people like to have these things confirmed so here you go; it's confirmed.

You may also not need to wait for those flying pigs to see official words about this either.

Good question, I'm sure if it's the latter then those who have waited to give one last chance will see it as the straw that broke the camels back and will be lost forever in a space filled limbo orbiting a nyan cat universe.

*takes meds*

Yeah a handling fix is mainly required

Uhm. [PC] Handling physics have actually been changed in Exploration Pack. You can control cars better while drifting, it's easier (and actually possible!) to get out of a powerslide. Not much, but still.

That made AC Cobra drivable!

Nothing can save the game for me now. I want more replay value, and with that, I don't mean redoing the same annoying career. Add a location, add a bunch of cars (more than 10), add multiple ways to earn big sums of money, and finally fix the heap it is now. Then I might get back.

Nothing can save the game for me now.

I agree, and not much hope either. I think in order this game to be a descent game at least, they need to spare a budget as they were making a new game all over. The bugs, the shoddy graphics, the physics I mean there's a lot to do. And I've never seen any game improve more than 15-20% which in tdu2 's case not even half what we need.

Nothing can save the game for me now. I want more replay value, and with that, I don't mean redoing the same annoying career. Add a location, add a bunch of cars (more than 10), add multiple ways to earn big sums of money, and finally fix the heap it is now. Then I might get back.

With that criteria they might as well ditch TDU2, hire some devs with good car physics experience, and make a start on TDU3 (or sell a separate add-on for TDU2).

This new DLC won't bring me back. I'm not even going to look at it in my Steam library until they find a way to recover savegames, fix the physics, add new cars (preferably NOT 20 different versions of the same car) and add that new location they've been talking about.

Until then, I'm going to be playing other games that are actually meant to be enjoyed and not yelled at.

Eh.. I want to be optimistic about this and jubilantly declare a recovery but honestly... I can't. Most people I know on TDU2 left long before the DLC fiasco for many different reasons that this DLC will not address. I am none the less pleased that they are making some kind of effort to get a console version out although this does not excuse the ridiculous wait time.

With that criteria they might as well ditch TDU2, hire some devs with good car physics experience, and make a start on TDU3 (or sell a separate add-on for TDU2).

If they have to (or actually, I WISH), they can fire everybody and get both new people leading TDU3 as developing TDU3. I have no faith in the current team being capable of making a successor to let us forget TDU1 and TDU2, both good as bad things, and it will still be Atari in charge, no matter who the developing team will be.

Eden has proven themselves to have insufficient skills and experience on many aspects, from basics like the overall handling system down to the details for the cars and the fact there are always cars that turn up having the wrong exterior equipment for the version they are, which is partly Eden's fault, and partly Rabcat's fault since they make most of the cars. Eden doesn't have enough people to work and maintain a game this big, so they really need more people than they had for TDU1 and TDU2 to make a GOOD successor. Also an important link in this is Atari, they are the ones behind the rush, the odd bad carlist and the fact Eden had to go on a strike, so they also have to change dramatically. Add up the horrible community communications and the many promises they never lived up to, and go back to the beta which was followed by game release too quickly. After having played the game for months I still was not able to discover any improvements they made based on the feedback we gave them, more detailed than a dev could wish for. The betaforum was as big as the General Discussion section now is, and that was based on a small portion of the game! They shown to me they can't listen, they don't care, and rushing a title seems more important than taking your time. The servers are also offline too often recently, the game has hit the budget bins very early, this shouldn't have happened this early. Just look at the amount of people giving up on this game just 3 or 4 months after release. Is that normal? Maybe for a one-game-a-year EA-ish releaseprogramme.

Seeing how much TDU2 ''advanced'' from TDU1, and seeing as what Atari and Eden have done sofar to these two games, I have given up hope they can not only fix, but also over-compensate for these two games, with a brand new TDU3 game. It would only be possible if both companies fire all employees and putting in new ones, but that would be the same like just giving Atari some more undeserved money by letting a REAL developer/publisher combination buy the TD/TDU license, preferably NOT to EA I'd like to add.

Uhm. [PC] Handling physics have actually been changed in Exploration Pack. You can control cars better while drifting, it's easier (and actually possible!) to get out of a powerslide. Not much, but still.

That made AC Cobra drivable!

Really? I haven't noticed much of a change.... :oook:

If they have to (or actually, I WISH), they can fire everybody and get both new people leading TDU3 as developing TDU3. I have no faith in the current team being capable of making a successor to let us forget TDU1 and TDU2, both good as bad things, and it will still be Atari in charge, no matter who the developing team will be.

Eden has proven themselves to have insufficient skills and experience on many aspects, from basics like the overall handling system down to the details for the cars and the fact there are always cars that turn up having the wrong exterior equipment for the version they are, which is partly Eden's fault, and partly Rabcat's fault since they make most of the cars. Eden doesn't have enough people to work and maintain a game this big, so they really need more people than they had for TDU1 and TDU2 to make a GOOD successor. Also an important link in this is Atari, they are the ones behind the rush, the odd bad carlist and the fact Eden had to go on a strike, so they also have to change dramatically. Add up the horrible community communications and the many promises they never lived up to, and go back to the beta which was followed by game release too quickly. After having played the game for months I still was not able to discover any improvements they made based on the feedback we gave them, more detailed than a dev could wish for. The betaforum was as big as the General Discussion section now is, and that was based on a small portion of the game! They shown to me they can't listen, they don't care, and rushing a title seems more important than taking your time. The servers are also offline too often recently, the game has hit the budget bins very early, this shouldn't have happened this early. Just look at the amount of people giving up on this game just 3 or 4 months after release. Is that normal? Maybe for a one-game-a-year EA-ish releaseprogramme.

Seeing how much TDU2 ''advanced'' from TDU1, and seeing as what Atari and Eden have done sofar to these two games, I have given up hope they can not only fix, but also over-compensate for these two games, with a brand new TDU3 game. It would only be possible if both companies fire all employees and putting in new ones, but that would be the same like just giving Atari some more undeserved money by letting a REAL developer/publisher combination buy the TD/TDU license, preferably NOT to EA I'd like to add.

couldn't agree more, in addition I'd like to point out few things

tdu1 wasn't exactly a work of masterpiece , I know it was a lot better than tdu2 and most driving games but it was showing the signs of cheapness you've pointed out. But it was at least open to the modding which made the game last forever. They have fallen to the mistake of 'making money from dlc' trend going around these times and I'm suspecting it was Atari who have forced this because they have no money whatsoever . Well look at it now, even the whole bunch of community can't help this hopeless game survive. Have they fooled us , yes because we all bought the game and I can assure if there's a tdu3 with no hc mode people are still going to buy it.