We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Speeder: Openwalk

Speeder

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

With this mod, you'll be able to discover Ibiza without your car, only using walking. Acess is in Sa Cala House or Elvissa house, so buy them before. Photo Mod is activated. You can invite friends who has or not the mod. It doesn't affect other players, and this is legit (no mod complained for it, so I think so :D).

Hawai will be inclued in v0.3B.

Next versions will inclue easy patcher and tools to upgrade your mod (as speed x2, 3rd person view etc...)

Videos:

http://youtu.be/6Plb7oeYW9g

http://youtu.be/iriPCmhUBIw

Download link for v0.2B with Ibiza(instructions inside): http://www.gamefront.com/files/20237303/Openwalk+V0.2B.rar

Photos:

Ingame

With Photomode

DONT FORGET TO PUT PHOTOS AND YOUR FEEDBACK ON THE TOPIC, IT WOULD BE COOL TO SHOW TO OTHERS USER THE MOD AND THE MULTIPLAYERS ISSUES. ;)

Original topic:

Openwalk: le mod de l'écologiste!

If this mod works, it has great potential. Next step, sometime in the future maybe, would be to drive somewhere, get out of the car and walk around.

Good job and +rep just for trying to mod this.

One does not simplely walk in to Ibiza.

Now, what's that supposed to mean?

;408501']How do you choose whether to walk or drive? Or is this a "just walking" mod, removing driving?

-Leadfoot

That`s the question I wanted to ask.

It would be cool if it will be like in GTA: character open door when coming in & out of the car

but it seems to me that this is not possible in TDU2...

I was hoping that someone could bring us this mod, but the way it "works" now, is very bad, i'm not blaming you Speeder, i will use a meaning for the same word that Spade used...:

What do I do with all those garbage od bin files after extracting?

HOW MANY OF THEM AND HOW MANY GB THEY ARE? I stoped extracting when they did reach 10GB, and i didn't see any extra folder till that amount...

And 2: the read me file item "7" is kinda awful for me... Could you make a video, where do you "start" when you enter the house, where dou you "fall", and how reach the streets?! Thanks!

WHY NOT THE CARAVAN that is already outside? Can't you edit the bushes to pass over them?

I realy want to enjoy you mod, but you need to show better howit works instead making just teasers to make we be curious about it.

Good work with the Hawaii houses, sorry for the might speech, i just didn't find good words to translate my fear and doubts about this mod in special.

Obviously I can't endorse or support any third party tool development, but I can say that I've sent the modification info up to the developers for review. If I hear anything back I'll let you guys know.

It's not on our priority list to aggressively hunt down people modding the game, but be careful and make sure that you're not doing anything that affects money, progression, or access to unintended content.

Destra (amongst other things) mediates between Atari, the developers, and us (the community/customers). Atari will never condone modding, but realise it happens - so he is making clear what things are absolute no-no's

If you want the technical answer - read the license you agreed to when you installed the game ;)

That's not what he's saying. Basically modding your game isn't exactly wanted but should the changes you make merely effect you and not give you an unfair advantage or disrupt or cause problems for others then Atari isn't going to come after you.

However hack, cheat etc and Belly's gonna get you!

Awesome! Keep up the good work! I got an idea for you(if that´s possible/if you didn´t get that idea yourself^^) : To drive you must go to the garage and choose a car to drive or click at the gate. But to WALK outside you should just click the door of the lounge (you know that normal exit door that normaly beams you into your car^^

So this would also add realism^^

Great idea and work!