We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Editing a Mod car's rarity?

Cartonofmilk

I've posted about this in my introduction thread but i figured i'd get more help if i gave this topic it's own thread.

I have the Bugatti Type 57 S Atlantic mod by 2cv. I want to buy the car but it isn't available at the dealer. I reserved, i played 12 hours, still not available. I don't like waiting, it's a mod, i'd like to be able to buy it upon install.

Somebody said to try modding tools, i did, and in the modding tools i can see the Bugatti Type 57 Mod if i check the option use modded names but i can't select it (its in faded gray not solid), so i can't edit anything about it (not that i'd know what to do if i could select it but i intended to find out).

I tried TDUPE when i learned you could easily edit a ca'rs rarity with it but apparently that doesn't recognise mods at all. I guess i'm stuck with waiting for eternity until this car shows up in the dealership.

With all due respect to it's maker and to modders in general, i think if you're gonna put a modded car in the game, then make it available, you want people to actually be able to use it, not spend five months playing in hopes it shows up in the dealership :confused:(ok well it hasnt been that long but i've defintiely played 12 hours at least since reserving it and that's really way too long).

I know i could test drive it but that's just annoying, i want to own it, not have to return it after 20 mins. I can't say i've ever liked this idea of availability in regards to used cars dealerships that they've put in the game anyway, what purpose does it serve exactly? None at all, just make you wait needlessly for the car you want. you have the money, you want to buy the car. This isn't real life, i shouldn't have to wait for it. Maybe the makers want to teach people that you can't always get what you want when you want it, well, thanks but i already knew that, games are supposed to be less frustrating that way.

I tried TDUPE when i learned you could easily edit a ca'rs rarity with it but apparently that doesn't recognise mods at all.

It does recognize mods, it just doesn't recognize THAT mod because that mod gets installed to a slot that isn't used by the game itself.

I guess i'm stuck with waiting for eternity until this car shows up in the dealership.

Just reserve it and go run some races or drive around for a while, it's a little thing called PATIENCE, try acquiring some. The installer for that mod sets the rarity to the lowest possible level.

Really? hmm. Then i'm starting to suspect a bug. I dont know, it's just that in my experience with used cars reservations they usually come within an hour or two of gameplay. I remember the last two times actually it was within half an hour. Have i just been really lucky all this time? I mean i have bought every signle car in the game so i've had to reserve quite a lot of them. I think that patience isn't really an issue anymore at this point. I'm on holiday and i've been basically doing almost nothing but playing TDU the past four days, i'm surely at least 20 hours of gameplay past from when i actually put the reservation, no joke. That's i believe a fairly good amount of waiting, hence why im starting to suspect it's never gonna show up. Especially since you say the rarity is set at lowest, i've never had that problem with any other car.

Really? hmm. Then i'm starting to suspect a bug. I dont know, it's just that in my experience with used cars reservations they usually come within an hour or two of gameplay.

There are different levels of rarity based on a number, with 1 being not rare at all, and numbers less than 1 getting more and more rare.

A rarity factor of 0.9 will show up faster than a 0.1 number.

The Type 57 is the RAREST care in the game, with the lowest possible rarity number.

It took me two full days of running actual races and car delivery missions before it finally showed up.

So no, it's not a bug, it's realism.

Kurgan have explained well the things. It's the lowest level of rarity wich is 0.05, exactly like the Shelby Daytona from Eden Games. This car is the most expensive car on the world and only 3 real chassis. So, you need first, to have a lot of money, then to be very patience to wait Ralph Lauren selling his one. I would like to give this feeling when you get the car ingame.

But you can also test this car or rent it (rental is inside the crater Diamond Head) ;)

Note: there is 2 different rims, full or borrani. I hopu you'll get the rims that you would.