We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

...hmm what the hell? Am i missing something?

Cartonofmilk

i've finally decided to try TDU 2 after my brother told me it wasnt as bad as eveyrone claimed. He said i should set the mode to hardcore and sensitivity of the controls to maximum. Well i have, i believe, done all this. i've set it to hardcore and the driving is a huge piece of...erm....crap. I dont mean it's too hard, i mean it's not even close to being as realistic as TDU 1 set with all driving aids. I mean the car doesnt feel like something that has its own mass, it just moves left and right like a brick, it STUCK to the road and give you no feel for it. Yes, you WILL spin and lose control if you swerve left and right too much except you get no feel for it BEFORE it happens, its like a trigger, ok trigger NOW set to spin...whereas in TDU you always feel exactly what your car is doing, the "feedback" of the road and of your car reaction is great for a game that didn't claim to be terribly realistic. So they pad this sequel up with tons of options and customizations and even a story, which i think is GREAT (ell maybe not the story part_ but when its not backed by the most important thing of all, namely, good driving, then who cares? Id rather have none of this and the same great driving as before. I've played about 20 mins and this is going to get uninstalled fast.

I guess it's back to the first one and mods. Major Thumbs down to Eden games for dumbing the controls down, probably to appeal to people who don't like driving games that much. This is one of the worst sequels i've experienced in a long time. I suspect this won't be as popular as they hoped and we won't even get a third (and hence a chance for eden to redeem themselves), this game could have been an instant classic....

[mod edit:] Please do not swear or use asterisk's to mimic swearing, thanks.

I'll be trying those settings but am not expecting it's gonna fix my major isuees with the driving...

It's like Eden went, "hey you know all those people who really liked the first one? Yeah well, screw these people, let's try something else instead."

Ill now always remember this quote from one of the developers "we redid all the physics from scratch" Redid? You mean you ditched them entirely, right? I hate to bring back the old cliche but..if it ain't broke, then, really, please.... don't fix it.

I don't know if we see the same thing .... Everyone said "it's this , it's that" ; for me that's ok and i don't see the interest to swearing. I agree with a lot of thing you said guys , we just have to wait till they realize how many bugs have this game , and soon we'll get the "DLC 1"

I don't know if we see the same thing .... Everyone said "it's this , it's that" ; for me that's ok and i don't see the interest to swearing. I agree with a lot of thing you said guys , we just have to wait till they realize how many bugs have this game , and soon we'll get the "DLC 1"

sorry to interrupt but do you really think atari has that kind of power ? They're barely standing still in the business I believe the customer satisfaction is quite down below in their list. We're going to get 2 or 3 so called DLCs and that'll be it. I lost all of my respect to atari and eden for working with atari

sorry to interrupt but do you really think atari has that kind of power ? They're barely standing still in the business I believe the customer satisfaction is quite down below in their list. We're going to get 2 or 3 so called DLCs and that'll be it. I lost all of my respect to atari and eden for working with atari

Don't worry ! Well you're right about the customer satisfaction, they forgot they sell a game to a lot of peoples, don't they know their games has a lot of bugs or they trying to voluntary don't hear the community.

Alright alright my bad, i didn't know there was no swearing allowed here. When i saw it getting "asterisked" it i assumed it was fine. I guess thats why they tell you to read the rules:-p. I swear like a sailor in real life so it's kinda hard for me to adapt. Then let me rephrase those sentences i wrote above

"The driving is a piece of human wastes"

"It's like they said "You know all the people who liked the first one? Yeah well, copulate with these guys."

Anyway the issue isn't bugs, it's the actual gameplay. I DO hope they will overhaul the driving with a patch but i actually entertain no real illusion they ever will. When has such a critical component as gameplay ever been adressed in a patch of any game? It would be like admitting that their whole game down to it's core is bad. And there's unfortunately probably just enough people that actually like it or dont mind it so they wouldn't dare touch it. They're as the saying goes damned if they do or damned if they don't.

The physics were borrowed from the ashphalt parts of DiRT 1, and the cars were mostly too grippy and sometimes felt on rails. Once you get used to it and make some major changes to the Logitech profiler it's liveable, but for use with a steering wheel not a whole lot of fun.

Nothing agaist Grid, but TDU1 was better in the physics dep't (maybe besides moon gravity and whatnot) :) - so that made it seem like TDU2 would be going in the wrong direction

/ot

Yeah, gotta love Atari. Shame Eden is stuck with them :)

Answer me this, how is it that some dedicated driving games have worse vehicle physics than some sandbox games?

Seriously, the vehicle handling in GTA IV is awesome, and it's not a dedicated driving game! TDU2 has awful physics in comparison!

Good question, maybe it's a target audience thing. GTA IV is an adult game so people don't want dumb as dirt handling whereas someone probably thought GRID handled well so let's emulate that. Even though GRID apparently was relished more for it's visuals and damage than it's actual driving and racing.

Regarding keyboard usage with driving games, I don't see the point why that should even be considered personally, I'd rather they tuned the game to pads and also wheels than gave those who only use keyboards (why!) some attention.

bro you can play with it, i am playing with ps2 pad and have no problems,i played TDU1 with it, and i now that my friend playing TDU2 with it too, so 's3 pad must work too :)

just buy some good adapter, you should buy some with vibration function and maybe pressure sensitive . . .

Yeah it's possible to use the ps3 controller for the pc using motionjoy and a USB cable, or if you want without the usb cable afaik you can get a bluetooth dongle which will also work.

You can also use it to emulate X360 controller for games like just cause 2, etc.:)