We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

...hmm what the hell? Am i missing something?

Cartonofmilk

Welcome to the club mate!

For TDU1 everyone liked the physics and in one of the dev. diaries they were like: "Many people were complaining about the TDU1's physics so we decied to make them from scratch and make them veeeery realistic"

Welcome to the club mate!

For TDU1 everyone liked the physics and in one of the dev. diaries they were like: "Many people were complaining about the TDU1's physics so we decied to make them from scratch and make them veeeery realistic"

as you do obviously...

After my last post in this thread, which was alreayd a bunch fo days ago, i tried for about half an hour to fix the handling as much as possible. Then i tried to get used to the bad driving. After 30 mins more, the game was off my drive, forever.

Worst sequel in recent memory. A complete disaster.

As for the peple mentionning GTAIV. I actually kinda hated the driving in this. Yes it did seem realistic but in the context of the game, i didnt feel it made much sense to want to make it well, as hard to drive. Because it is. Especially if you're trying to do a chase in a mission (i make the distinction because the "generic" chases like you get from police cars are lame cause the baddies are WAY too slow, in missions chases they're fast but that's because they're made to plow unscathed through any vehicles, which is lame), and i feel no matter what that the cars no matter how much you slow down do NOT turn enough. You can never quite make that turn unless that is you have one of the top cars with the best handling (which sucks caus enromally i want to drive the muscle cars). I thought the driving was frustating and it's not like its a game that gives you open roads, there's always traffic and stuff in the way, i had the least fun driving around in this GTA comapred with the ones before DESPITE it actually having sorta realistic physics and such. You just couldnt do what you really wanted and im sorry but when i'm ALSO trying to shoot someone while driving, i don't want my driving to be a struggle. But there is NO DOUBT that it is more realistic than TDU2. It's just not a good idea in the context of GTA. Make the handling more forgiving anyway. Wanting good physics does not mean making them realistic necessarily. I mean they have to be good to allow for fun and thrilling driving without feeling like i'm driving something that has no mass or give me no sense of the ride. GTA is still not a racing game, nor should it be. Another issue is the sense of speed isnt that great. For thrilling CAR CHASES they STILL haven't done better than Driver 2.

Worst sequel in recent memory. A complete disaster.
And what have you expected from a Last Stand Push for money?

Steering is crappy.

We all know that, and neither the Steering Wheel, nor getting a Pad will change that.

You can't even Drift.

Just upfront, i'm not a lover of the old steering - i'm just dissapointed by the new one.

i dont kno wat ur all complaining about. i mean i find a lot of the cars insanely hard to drive but i think thats just realism.

i use the TT roadster 24/7 with ps2 pad and i find it perfectly realistic and fun. it drives just like my uncles celica convertible but faster

and GTA IV had absoluitely HORRIBLE handling by default. cars are not boats they shouldnt pitch like that and float around and junk

think some of u needs to a) drive a real car and b) dont expect every game to be mastered in 30 mins, because all the good games need u to learn to play them

Well, for those who owned a wheel, TDU2's handling is a big step in the wrong direction. For a pad, I couldn't care if the physics are GT5 or Mario Kart, as I wouldn't play with a pad for very long in any case. TDU was the reason I and many others bought the G25 (who remembers the 'Smug Owner of a G25' signatures?) so when we all talked about what we wanted for TDU2, we all expected things to progress from TDU1, not get worse.

It's not about being a sim, it's about having a car respond to input in a predictable and controllable way, which makes it fun. It's like when TopGear reviewed a certain car and mentioned where if you went 1% over the limit, you'd had it, which meant that you could never drive anywhere near the limit. Compare that to cars that are 'so easy' to control through the corners, and you'll find the presenter usually has a big grin on his face. TDU1 had that (along with bumpy roads and moon gravity), but TDU2 doesn't have any of that. That is why it's not *fun*. There's no sense of achievement where you pull off something spectacular and can then say 'I did that'. If you can't do it, then it gives you something to work towards, a reason to keep playing where all you do is cruise/practice.

You have to take into account that this game was not developed only for G25/27 users. What percentage of the whole user base were G25 users in TDU1? I can't imagine it was the majority (I may be wrong there). But they have to cater for all audiences. The physics changes went in the good direction they just need some tweaking (just look how the cars behave in the air or when you barrel roll after a crash).

Also, I understand your frustration with for example, how the clutch works (come on, no analog?) but you can't expect them completely rewriting the driving physics.

The argument about the pad vs wheel is absolutely moot because here is where i confess i actually do NOT have a wheel (so the person that tried to help me with wheel settings, thank you but unfortunately it was useless to me :-p). I play with a xbox controller and YET i find the controls to be absolutely atrocious and dumbed down compared to TDU.

I don't expect a sim, i also don't expect a brick on rails.

I might get a wheel IF it wans't so expensive and i played more racing games.

And yeah that IS the problem, that they rewrote the physics AT ALL. If they had intended on improving them sure but what they did is actually made them worse, dumbed them down, at this point i have to wonder why they even need the Havok engine, they should have just let it be. It would have just been a new map, new options and new cars. And that would have been perfectly fine! i mena i could and would spend hours on the car customization options alone if i actually wanted to drive the car once i'm done.

The argument about the pad vs wheel is absolutely moot because here is where i confess i actually do NOT have a wheel (so the person that tried to help me with wheel settings, thank you but unfortunately it was useless to me :-p). I play with a xbox controller and YET i find the controls to be absolutely atrocious and dumbed down compared to TDU.

I don't expect a sim, i also don't expect a brick on rails.

I might get a wheel IF it wans't so expensive and i played more racing games.

And yeah that IS the problem, that they rewrote the physics AT ALL. If they had intended on improving them sure but what they did is actually made them worse, dumbed them down, at this point i have to wonder why they even need the Havok engine, they should have just let it be. It would have just been a new map, new options and new cars. And that would have been perfectly fine! i mena i could and would spend hours on the car customization options alone if i actually wanted to drive the car once i'm done.

what do u mean dumbed them down?

Which is a good thing...

The handling model is all good for a game that's played with a pad (I've seen much worse handling models). Surely you weren't stupid enough to expect TDU2 to be a sim?

cool_story_bro_house_3_by_hatesxfury-d39ii8e.jpg

Handling is pathetic.

And no, fact that you can't drift - proves that steering is not realistic enough / dumbed down, however you call it - it's just not right.

And there is no such thing as "Good Enough For", if it's bad - then it's bad. Keep the simple things, simple.

Expecting it a Simulator?

Going with my memo, i'll keep it simple for you. What are the differences between two handling engines - first TDU and the second one?

The first TDU's one, is much more enjoable. It reacts better.

Sliding is natural, (Well, i'm sure you should know about that weirdo' Gravity which is pulling the cars in TDU2 on the left or right, and you being unable to counter almost any slide.) which also makes the car "grip" feeling a lot more natural.

Em, Hardcore mode?

I shouldn't even say a word, because anyone who did played the first TDU - WILL know what am i talking about.

Handling is pathetic.

And no, fact that you can't drift - proves that steering is not realistic enough / dumbed down, however you call it - it's just not right.

And there is no such thing as "Good Enough For", if it's bad - then it's bad. Keep the simple things, simple.

Expecting it a Simulator?

Going with my memo, i'll keep it simple for you. What are the differences between two handling engines - first TDU and the second one?

The first TDU's one, is much more enjoable. It reacts better.

Sliding is natural, (Well, i'm sure you should know about that weirdo' Gravity which is pulling the cars in TDU2 on the left or right, and you being unable to counter almost any slide.) which also makes the car "grip" feeling a lot more natural.

Em, Hardcore mode?

I shouldn't even say a word, because anyone who did played the first TDU - WILL know what am i talking about.

Wasn't expecting anything else from you... :rolleyes: