We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need For Speed: The Run

Revan174

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game looks terrible I saw the driving and i just thought... burnout paradise all over again... but in a NFS version. I want Undergorund 3 or Most Wanted 2 man, they were the PROPER need for speeds'. Not this bs... After Carbon everything has gone to hell (apart from Shift series ofcourse but they are boring for me, going around a track 1000 times gets old quickly) but hey till then NFS World Online here I come :)

Already the speculation and the trashing has begun all over the web over this game.

It's still in it's infancy pre-alpha stage yet everyone is already an expert on the game and only small portions have been shown.

All over I see everyone wanting 'Most Wanted 2' & 'Underground 3'. Can't see either of those happening. At least not in the way everyone is expecting.

EA is trying to appease those fans but taking the game in a new direction, but it's not going to be what many expect or want.

My favorite genre of games is and always has been racing/driving games.

I like to have fun with just about any type of driving game, wether it be sim type, arcade or somewhere in the middle.

I have enjoyed almost every NFS game out with the exception of 'Pro Street'. Oh yeah and 'Undercover' was atrocious!

Shift was good, but I have my gripes about it though minor.

I thought Shift 2 was a good improvement over the original. Though many thought taking NFS series in the vain of Pro Street was not right.

Hot Pursuit 2010 was and is my top pick. It took my favorite game in the series Hot Pursuit 2 PS2 and re-created it on steroids in a sense.

Many hated it too. Too arcadey, drifting around turns @200 mph was just too silly for many to enjoy. I think it is a blast, and it will remain a favorite of mine well into the future.

I will be pre-ordering/purchasing 'The Run' when it arrives. Just from the brief action that has been released, it looks to be interesting and more fun to be had.

If it was a 'Pro Street' clone I would pass.

So in short I like all types of racing and more to the point I like to have fun.

I understand first impressions, but I wish more would have a wait and see attitude. Then again that's just the gaming community today I suppose.

Already the speculation and the trashing has begun all over the web over this game.

It's still in it's infancy pre-alpha stage yet everyone is already an expert on the game and only small portions have been shown.

All over I see everyone wanting 'Most Wanted 2' & 'Underground 3'. Can't see either of those happening. At least not in the way everyone is expecting.

EA is trying to appease those fans but taking the game in a new direction, but it's not going to be what many expect or want.

My favorite genre of games is and always has been racing/driving games.

I like to have fun with just about any type of driving game, wether it be sim type, arcade or somewhere in the middle.

I have enjoyed almost every NFS game out with the exception of 'Pro Street'.

Shift was good, but I have my gripes about it though minor.

I thought Shift 2 was a good improvement over the original. Though many thought taking NFS series in the vain of Pro Street was not right.

Hot Pursuit 2010 was and is my top pick. It took my favorite game in the series Hot Pursuit 2 PS2 and re-created it on steroids in a sense.

Many hated it too. Too arcadey, drifting around turns @200 mph was just too silly for many to enjoy. I think it is a blast, and it will remain a favorite of mine well into the future.

I will be pre-ordering/purchasing 'The Run' when it arrives. Just from the brief action that has been released, it looks to be interesting and more fun to be had.

If it was a 'Pro Street' clone I would pass.

So in short I like all types of racing and more to the point I like to have fun.

I understand first impressions, but I wish more would have a wait and see attitude. Then again that's just the gaming community today I suppose.

I agree with you on expectations part in the beggining. I don't really want to see any more most wanted or underground , I loved the hp3 but then I have to say this one might be the worst nfs ever. It may be not a pro-street clone but I can still remember undercover disaster. When nfs goes to do story lines it just always ends up in disappointment. I mean I wouldn't even bother downloading this game illegaly:P

Watching the way the car handled has made me consider a demo but probably not a buy. Then again the kids will probably love this, I mean beating up Police is always fun for them right? :D

Yea, I have to agree with that once I saw the gameplay trailer. When I saw the car corner for the first time with that weird lean-in camera effect, I thought "What is this, TDU2 again?"

And I'm a little baffled as to when the guy was jumping off buildings. I don't really think that part should be in the game, since it has nothing to do with driving (this isn't a parkour game, even if you want to call those stunts that), the scripted button-mashing parts are dull and take no skill (and remind me of a similar feature in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, lol), and the realism of the whole game looks pretty extreme. I mean, come on, jumping off of buildings and surviving a 40 foot jump is fantasy enough, but exploding cars?

My opinion has changed now that I've reflected on what you guys at the community have said. I'll still post updates and stuff but I'm leaning towards not buying now (even with a Super Snake :().

• 4 months later...

:bump:

Now that the demo is out, those of you who own a PS3 or X360 can see for yourself what the game's worth.

In my opinion, Undercover has been dethroned as the worst NFS. The cars handle like they're on rails and any drifting attempts end with a spinout. Not to mention the frequent framerate drops and low-res textures. A huge step down from Hot Pursuit. The only reason I'm not disappointed is because I didn't expect anything good in the first place.

if nfs took a break and developed A game for 3-4 years instead of bringing out a new one every year we wouldn't be sitting here moaning about it because we'd be still playing right now.

Actually Black Box has been developing The Run since Undercover came out in 2008...

i think the whole NFS series has been a disappointment since Pro Street. the last NFS i bought was the new Hot Pursuit and i played that for 5 minutes before i decided it was terrible. plus i think they are wasting their license with Porsche cause there are so many good games that would be better with Porsche but EA and all of them have to be a bunch of stingy chumps. quit ruining our lives EA and focus on BF

Am I the only one who thinks this game is better than Hot Pursuit?

I liked the demo and enjoyed driving through the snow level during the avalanche as it's a different style of gameplay than what NFS has had to offer previously. It could be because Hot Pursuit gave me nothing but issues, AA had to be forced to make the game look good and the fact the SLI support was non existent. Albeit, that was the PC version of the game. However, the fact I have only been able to play the new installment on the Xbox due to no PC demo being available doesn't really hold much hope for "The Run" to be any better than Hot Pursuit on the PC so I may just buy a PS3/360 copy.