We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post One Random Automotive Picture Per Day

iLLGT3

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

mini_550435routesolaire.jpg

"1 km de route équipée fournit l’équivalent de la consommation de l’éclairage public d’une ville de 5 000 habitants"

"1 km of equipped road provides the equivalent of the consumption of street lighting of a city of 5,000 inhabitants"

http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2016/12/21/en-normandie-une-route-solaire-au-banc-d-essai_5052352_3244.html :nods:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I agree, and considering how big MotorTrend are, it's weird that Porsche sent over such an unimpressive specced Press Car :hmmm: I bet every other aspect of it is better than the jag though unfortunately.

Design - subjective

Interior - Porsche

Chassis/handling - both on the top of the smaller SUV class, but Porsche, being Porsche, still better

Price - both practically the same (Germany)

Pick one

Design - subjective

Interior - Porsche

Chassis/handling - both on the top of the smaller SUV class, but Porsche, being Porsche, still better

Price - both practically the same (Germany)

Pick one

- The 380PS F-Pace (max it gets) is £52,300 in the UK, and judging from the grille they've tested it against the Macan GTS, which is £55,188, so not enough to be that big a factor in what you choose.

- The Jag is 0.1 to 60 faster hypothetically, so performance is not enough of a difference to actually matter.

- Both have great reviews on their chassis and handling, I agree with you the Porsche would most likely be better but again, not enough of a difference for the average driver.

I think it comes down to the design tbh, and I am willing to forgive the Jag for its interior because it looks much better on the outside. I completely understand people who look at it the opposite way though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...