We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Five is alive!!

Eudemon

So Five is Alive, and I think ...  

36 members have voted

1. 1. So Five is Alive, and I think ...

• It looks really good.
    • I'll like it once I get used to it ...again.
    • It's *meh*
    • I preferred the previous
    • I hate it.

Hey guys, thanks first of all for sticking with us while we got this altogether. As you can imagine going from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4 is no easy feat and throwing in a new look and making it somewhat look better than default is bloody difficult so we really hope you enjoy the new look for TDU Central.

As we've said we're now running vBulletin 4 and have in fact held off using it for about 2 years due to issues encountered but change has to happen and we feel the time is right so have a look around, point out what you love, hate and despise and of course report any issues you encounter while on here.

There are still some things we are working on and we WILL get to these in the coming days and weeks. (unlike with Four)

So this is us guys and girls, hope you like and those of you expecting a website to go with this new change will be sad to hear not at this time. First things first let's see how we go with Five and also the future of TDU2 and then we will endeavour to mutilate the mess that is vB4's CMS code and finally give TDUC the frontpage it has been quacking for.

Cheers all!

All the best!!

TDU Central Team

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are a little wobbly (buttons overlapping borders, avatars not loading etc) but it's good to be back up. I have no where else to troll after all. Nice beach btw, look at all the blue sky too, certainly not Scotland.

Things are a little wobbly (buttons overlapping borders, avatars not loading etc) but it's good to be back up.
IE9? Use Compatibility mode to sort that, I tested in IE7 and IE8 and things worked fine, but I've been told IE9 isn't playing nice in some places.

Nice beach btw, look at all the blue sky too, certainly not Scotland.
Haha nice one.

IE9? Use Compatibility mode to sort that, I tested in IE7 and IE8 and things worked fine, but I've been told IE9 isn't playing nice in some places.

Nah the OSX incarnation of FF4. Tbh tough this browser is so bad I wouldn't like to blame any sites. I'll let the initial rush go down then list off issues I may stumble upon.

Okay the "+ Reply to Thread" button overlaps the top of the quick reply box in FF4, Chrome & Safari under OSX.

BTW, when I say overlap we're talking about 2 pixels, nothing that makes the site unusable.