We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Five is alive!!

Eudemon

So Five is Alive, and I think ...  

36 members have voted

1. 1. So Five is Alive, and I think ...

• It looks really good.
    • I'll like it once I get used to it ...again.
    • It's *meh*
    • I preferred the previous
    • I hate it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've just noticed, sometimes typing then hitting the "+ Reply to Thread" button at the bottom just removes your text from the box and posts nothing. If you have no text it just does nothing.

FF4 / Mac OS 10.6

Yeah the gentleman's club TV unit is still there for me too...

Also, I was prompted to download FF5 (Beta) this morning which I happily did to escape the pile of turd that is FF4 and now my chatbox is unusable. Not saying that's your fault, but reporting anyway.

21ovxw4.jpg

Good god...

Sorry mates, but this is hideous. Maybe if we got rid of that pixellated background and put the asphalt back it would work. All these forums with user info ABOVE the posts are starting to bug me. There is more LOOK AT ME than there is post beneath, and then there is a signature to boot. People with multiple badges also get a funny layout. The blue by the search bar is nice, but the lagoon and these aqua thingies and everything are an abomination. Maybe I'm just being over-critical because I'm PMSing today, but crap.

/vent

If you need some inspiration for something more balanced, refined, and self-complimentary have a look here. This is certainly better than that last one though.

Edit: Okay, I've cooled down. I like the layout. The shapes and whatnot are all quite nice. It's just those aqua-globes and this background. It's just... gaudy. We're TDU-C, not Marlin Travel. Can we have an option to go back to the good old asphalt?

Isn't it supposed to be a photo of the bay on the east coast of O'ahu where you would find the yacht in game (hence the yacht wall texture above)?

I wonder if there's an option to let people choose their own background, similar to designing your YouTube channel page

The tv at the top is odd with nothing in it : P

And i sadly agree with the others the background is also abit odd, i no the res has to be low for bandwidth but that what was so good about the "road"

Maybe Diablo can make a second theme where the only difference is the background - is that a 5 minute affair or do you have to create it from scratch?

I also like how the "I hate it" poll option is in the near-invisible colour :D

I don't think the TV will be staying blank. Once more important things are sorted out POTW will probably go there.

E: Also I think avatars are getting deleted somehow. Softies vanished yesterday and my just vanished. :(

I can be honest, I prefered the previous, it just seemed more "layed" back and easier to navigate. I find that when searching for a thread, all the thread titles seem to close to each other and it kind of looks messy, also I'm not a fan of the background, If I was a new user to the site, a background consisting of a beach with people on it wouldn't exactly lead me to believe this was in fact a video game/car forum. Just me 2 cents. Glad TDUCK is back online though:)