We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

______________ Central

t.

What to do?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Keep TDUC as it is but encourage more General Gaming Chat. (shuffe forums around to take less focus
    • Keep TDUC as it is & create a new 'Central' (eg BlahC) for the discussion of General Gaming & such
    • Rebrand TDUC as another 'Central' (eg: BlahC) & have TDUC blended in somewhere in it's own section w
    • Something else. (Please post what)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, lots of people care about what happens to TDUCk (only 11 votes) :)

I care about TDU Central... i just have no idea about what vote to...

In one side, i think it would fit more rename the site... since nobody really talks about only TDU, in other hand, it would make TDUCk lose the identity... see what i mean?

I, as many others do not want to see a change. This community is unique (very) and opening it up to MUCH MORE than just TDU I think would bring a lot of "riff-raff" and that typical videogame forum nonsense running around the larger, more popular places. We need to stay true to our roots.

Give it until the end of this year. :)

My main line of though (which I was going to post when the server was down) is that as long as you keep the one set of forums instead of creating a second one, we should be fine. My reasoning for that is that a lot of us come here just to waste time in the chatbox. If you had two forums, you'd possibly have two chatboxes, splitting the current members. Maybe we'd attract more, not sure (rebranding might be helpful there). We seem to be doing ok just having one or two threads for each game, plus our generic screenshots and video threads, so maybe you don't have to worry too much about shuffling.

:\ dont want change. People get annoyed and leave when things change...

I, as many others do not want to see a change. This community is unique (very) and opening it up to MUCH MORE than just TDU I think would bring a lot of "riff-raff" and that typical videogame forum nonsense running around the larger, more popular places. We need to stay true to our roots.

Give it until the end of this year. :)

+rep. 'Nuff said.

Btw when is that bar that shows our avatars and names moving to the left?

At this time a rebrand is looking the likely option unless something happens in the next couple of weeks.

Keep your names coming guys! Consider if we were to become a driving/racing game community with less of the serious gearshift stuck up the assumptions of those typical of those boards . :cheeky:

Just because if we were to change name that doesn't mean any of the insanity and animals would go away. At this time I can't afford to run this place under a TDU only banner when it's clear that Atari and Eden aren't giving any cause for reassurance to anyone about the future of TDU2. For the last 3 months I've been so close to just letting my host suspend this place because at the moment due to the whole debacle that is TDU2 it's draining me. Those of you who Support and of course you Speshuls have been keeping this place paddling away and for that I cannot thank you enough.

I don't want to see this place go but the fact of the matter is if we don't do something it's going to go away one way or the other unless before the end of this month some miracle happens in not only info being conveyed by Atari/Eden but also that TDU2 looks to have some sort of future.

Also I'd keep everything (should TDU2 remain as it is) pertaining to here just in case by some grace of god TDU3 actually was to turn out decent. (if #3 was to happen)

Just because if we were to change name that doesn't mean any of the insanity and animals would go away. At this time I can't afford to run this place under a TDU only banner when it's clear that Atari and Eden aren't giving any cause for reassurance to anyone about the future of TDU2. For the last 3 months I've been so close to just letting my host suspend this place because at the moment due to the whole debacle that is TDU2 it's draining me. Those of you who Support and of course you Speshuls have been keeping this place paddling away and for that I cannot thank you enough.

I don't want to see this place go but the fact of the matter is if we don't do something it's going to go away one way or the other unless before the end of this month some miracle happens in not only info being conveyed by Atari/Eden but also that TDU2 looks to have some sort of future.

Also I'd keep everything (should TDU2 remain as it is) pertaining to here just in case by some grace of god TDU3 actually was to turn out decent. (if #3 was to happen)

Just to make it clear... change the name will make more easy to support this forum? If yes... i totally agree with rename-ing it. Is better lose a name than the whole forum.

In a way yes, more activity equals a better atmosphere which in turn results in the name spreading by people and thus more people visiting and if even a small number of them enjoy enough to support then that helps leaps and bounds. It's not a guarantee but like I've always said I'd rather have a load of mad active folk than a lot of lurkers and 1 posters.

I'm more interested in kick starting the community feeling again. There's a good amount of you who are active and mad and I see you all in the Chatbox, more of that would be brilliant and if it means getting away from being TDU focussed then that's where we're looking at.

I agree with Milli. Renaming TDU-C might be a better option rather than letting TDU-C waddle around slower and slower.

I think it's just really sad, though. Since '07, you've spent so much money maintaining this place, and if this forum is going to be dedicated to a game, that game better be dedicated to it's fans or else it's simply nothing.

:mhmm:

I really don't understand how such thing works... all that i know is, you guys are not going to be free of me so easily, changing the name or not, i will still come here.

And once again, if i had money left to donate... i would support. :/