We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How do you unlock bike showrooms with 1.68b ?

NethernyC

I swear I went to all the car dealers. Not just drove to them, but went in all of them too. I had started with a new game after installing 1.68B community patch, because my old savegame would not load in. If I can't unlock the motorcycle showrooms, I can't get the bikes, and do the bike races...

Maybe the game is still expecting the old showrooms, and they aren't there any more? Or are there hidden ones somewhere?

Thanks so much for replying! :)

Yes, I discovered all the showrooms, and went inside all of them, not just drove to them. I ended up getting a Ascari KZ1 and was driving all over the island, and warping around to make sure I had visited all the car showrooms. But, the motorcycle showrooms were still locked. They all have the icons showing on the map, so... unless there's one or more that don't show up unless you find them, I have been to all of them.

Maybe I will try "converting" back to standard, and see if my savegame will still play, then unlock bikes, THEN try to go back to 1.68b lol. Probly won't work.

Nothing will show up on the map until you have driven past it, so the ones you might have missed aren't visible on there I think. The easiest way to check I find is to just go to the map and check all the roads carefully, seeing if the cursor turns red anywhere meaning you haven't driven there before.

Okay, I actually succeeded!

Here's what I did...

1. Uninstalled 1.68 community patch.

2. Went to where I backed up my whole euro folder (yes, the whole thing), and re-copied each folder one at a time, just to be sure everything was back to original. (Avatar, CHARACTERS, Details folders, etc.)

3. Went into game, and sure enough, there were two car dealers greyed out, one was the European Classics place in downtown, directly south from the Kawasaki dealer, along the curve in the road, across from a tall building. The other was west from the Jaguar dealer, North East of the real estate office on the other side of the freeway. Went to both, unlocked bike showrooms, and got the message, etc.

4. Went to each bike showroom, and got 1 of each bike just in case lol

5. Went back to house and re-selected my Ascari as current vehicle. Let the game save. Exit the game.

6. Made a backup of savegame folder.

7. Re-installed community patch 1.68

8. Went back into game. There WAS a dealership that I had not visited this time. It is the European Independents place with the Weissman roadster, which is South and a little East frmo the Ferrari / Maserati place that has the Enxo and MC12, across the canal. I went there, but bikes were already unlocked anyways.

I don't know if I just missed that showroom before, because the icon is very hard to see, but after spending much of last night cruising around in my Ascari LOOKING everywhere, I find it doubtful I would have missed it. But, I must admit it is a possibilty. :}

Anyways, it seems to be working just fine, and maybe now I'll be able to add some of the awesome cars that people have made? I saw some that minime and Tool831 made that I would like to add :)