We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GRIP Magazine

Ken

As some of you may have seen my GT5 magazine covers, I have thought of an idea. I don't know if you guys are willing to do this or have the ambition to do so but I think it would be kind of cool if a group of people here can get together and help make this possible. It probably won't be anything near the number of pages a real magazine would have but it would be "fun" to read.

All I would probably ask for is of course pictures of the car you have test driven or have drove a lot, and give an opinion about the car as well as detailed specs of the car just like in a real magazine. Also you can give tips and pointers about tracks and car setups too, just provide track pictures! If this ever does happen It can be published freely just about every month depending how much info is received and if I'm not busy with schooling. Reviewing the cars or tips can be done in a funny way or in a serious more professional setup.

I can take all the info (with credit to the reviewer ;)) and put it together in a pdf format and post them in this thread. Here people can give opinions and talk about peoples articles.

So, as of now I'm still thinking about it and it's just an idea. There has to be a good handful people who are willing to review a car or topic relating to GT5, but doesn't necessarily have to review EVERY car and tip all at once. Perhaps one or a few cars and or tips per person would make it decent.

Here are the covers I made that sparked the idea.

Again I'm just throwing this idea out there, this is just meant to be a fun little thing to do in the spare times that people have if possible. Any suggestions are welcome to be discussed here. :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good as long as you have the time, I've already started my own personal review about the Ford GT40 Mark IV, so I'm willing to help out with the articles etc. if you like. :)

Perhaps each month there could be a head to head shoot out maybe, I have an idea for one already. This does sound promising though. And nice work on the covers!

Ive taken some pictures of SLS and Mustang on TG Test track (in true TG style ;)) and some le mann action pictures (cant get a picture of a backfire though :() Which i need to do some photshopping on (and copyrighting lol)

I have a few rally tips and licence tips and some useful track shortcut for when you get fed up of going round corners. (mainly consisting of setting the car up correct)

Im not sure ill have the time to write an actual full review due to work but i can definatly share my info (as long as i get SOME credit ;))

Thanks for some input guys. :D

Yes Massidiot, everyone who does their own reviews WILL receive published credit after their reviews.

Keep the input comin' guys. If I can get maybe 5 or 6 reviews/tips together, I can starts off with a small issue for a 1st magazine and see how that goes.

I'm honestly not much of a writer. I will try to write a little snipper though.

Well A little bit is fine, just provide all the specs of the car plus a little info and possible an opinion about the car. Then get a few good pictures of it, it should be alright. ;)

so its a matter of luck?

indeed sometime you got the flame set just perfect but when you take the shot its gone or pretty much gone.

so its a bit about luck and wether the game would want you to have it on the picture

I'm a good writer. And my pics don't totally suck lol.

I'll write articles, whatever you want. Provide pics, etc.

GREAT idea Ken. Love it.

EDIT: Had an idea, why not have two people review the same car, and have a head-to-head review section?

It shows the different view points of different people.

Win, thanks! :D

Head-to-Head review is of a STOCK Lotus Evora running on Comfort Soft tires. Reviews for the H2H review must take place on the Top Gear Test Track! I'm doing one half of the review. I need someone to do the other half. The lay out will be like this:

Pros:---

---

---

Cons:---

---

---

Review: ---------------------------------

No length requirements, but do try to make it sound like a publication piece please. Also take a few pictures of you test driving the car, to put in the article!

@Ken, I will also be doing a personal review of the BMW M5. With its own Pros/Cons, and a short paragraph of a review

PM sent.

EDIT: Talking with Skylark on MSN, he thought of an idea when reviewing personal favorite cars. He suggested a 0-10 rating scale as a personal judgement towards the cars you guys choose.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Talking with Skylark on MSN, he thought of an idea when reviewing personal favorite cars. He suggested a 0-10 rating scale as a personal judgement towards the cars you guys choose.

Any thoughts?

0-10 works.

I'll post a sample so everyone can see how it works.

(Write intro here)

Pros:

• The --- kicks the tail out in the corner, which provides great fun for power slides

• The brakes are quite good

• The exterior is beautiful

Cons:

• The suspension is a bit too stiff in the corners.

• The interior and the Sat-Nav are quite unattractive

• The lights aren't as pretty as older models.

Specifications:

(you guys know what to write here)

Final Verdict: The car is overall great, blah, blah

I give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Any questions you can PM Ken or myself!

Alright, so here is what I got so far:

- One finished review on a topic (2 pages)

- Got one person's review on a car, just waiting pictures (2 pages)

- Got a couple extra pages for free picture space (doesn't matter if the pictures are edited or not, its for art.)

- Waiting on some people's reviews and pictures to come in

1st issue might be decent. ;)