We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A Warning to Everyone

wcumbie

I just discovered today that my TDU2 data is corrupted. This of course outrages me, all Iv'e worked for, all those hours, lost forever. I wanted to make this to make you all aware, DO NOT HIT THE POWER BUTTON WHILE TDU2 IS AUTOSAVING! I'll be starting a new game soon.:sulk: I can't blame Atari, Eden, or Playstation, it was my fault.

I do not want to offend here, honestly. But this was surely a common sense issue. I'm all up for bashing TDU2 but can't here.

+1 to that. You shouldn't blame it on user error either, though, because backing up data, unfortunately, isn't something a console player typically thinks about.

-Leadfoot

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah, you do need to be careful. I don't know how, but once on Gran Turismo 4 my save game went corrupted. And that is just a PS2. PS3 is more advanced. If you have PS+, back it up there, or onto a USB stick. Do this every time you make a significant advance in your save game and you'll be fine - I couldn't afford a Veyron Super Sport so I re-loaded an earlier version from my USB stick, and I have one now!