We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Leadfoot's real life stuff: My E24 BMW 635CSi

Leadfoot[YT]

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your video's are really nice, It gives me a chill vibe while watching those stunning cars. :drool:

Thanks. :)

Man, can't wait for the final version. :drool:

I've been looking at the footage again, and although it would be cool to draw out the shots a little bit more, it wouldn't be too interesting as a two-minute clip (just the same angles with slight variations). Plus shorter can also be interesting; one of the teachers at my school wanted to include that Mercedes video in a school film festival, but made me make a 1:00 version that ended up being just as fulfilling, but also viewable by a non-car person. :)

TL;DR: I was going to, but it would get boring. :(

-----------------------

Also, May looks like it's going to be very busy. In a period of two weeks in late May, there are seven events. :eek: Can't attend all of them, but hopefully you guys will get to see some very rare cars and possibly some racing action. ;)

-Leadfoot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An update for my next Real Drivers video! The whole issue of 60fps on YouTube is still bugging me (it converts it to 30, and as a result gets choppy), so the next ones will be 1080p at 30fps. :fp: Oh, well. That's what I shoot my clients' stuff in, anyway.

-Leadfoot

• 2 weeks later...

Man I love you :)

btw Ian Wright used to be a famous footballer (soccer player) over here a few years ago :cheeky:

Shame that B20 isn't a vtec lump like mine, but still one of the cleanest EG's I've seen! Even got the same recaros as me :D

I actually like the part that it's not a Vtec. Atleast he has torque now :lol:

Any figures on the bhp/torque/weight?

For the video: What can i say, it looks really good! To bad you can't do one of my car :lol:

Man I love you :)

btw Ian Wright used to be a famous footballer (soccer player) over here a few years ago :cheeky:

Shame that B20 isn't a vtec lump like mine, but still one of the cleanest EG's I've seen! Even got the same recaros as me :D

Thanks! I, too, like VTEC (the '02 EX I drive has it, and combined with the intake, it's very pleasant), and was surprised it didn't have it. It does pick up quick, though, so I suppose you have the torque to thank for that. Also, I think the other Ian Wright was once interviewed by Top Gear. :p

I actually like the part that it's not a Vtec. Atleast he has torque now :lol:

Any figures on the bhp/torque/weight?

For the video: What can i say, it looks really good! To bad you can't do one of my car :lol:

Thanks. VTEC's a personal preference; I happen to be a fan, but after being in this car, I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to rev to 7000 to get to the power. Speaking of power, the plaque at the car show (where I met him the day before) said 133hp and around that for torque, but I'm not sure the exact figures and whether it was WHP or not. I do know that the GSR motor he was running before made 176hp (I forget torque :( ) at the wheels, and would spin tires through second with a chirp on third. :D

I'll do your car if you pay airfare. :lol: :cheeky:

That Legacy is gorgeous. I've always preffered the Legacy/Liberty to the Impreza, if i'm honest. Awesome. Inspired my next Forza photoshoot :D

I agree, especially with this generation. My family actually almost bought that car (we own a 2003 Legacy sedan and a 2007 wagon, both handsome cars) - I even test drove it. It's so beautifully made, and so fast (70 in second with some space to go). It sounds amazing, much better than the STi, and with the catless exhaust and the soft backfire sounds, it was such an awesome experience. My parents decided it was too loud, though, and didn't like the window tint. I still want it, and it's still for sale, but it's out of my budget for a personal car.

-Leadfoot

• 2 weeks later...
Damn Lead, impressive work! I love how you've been improving over the last few months. Keep it up :)

Thanks. :) Everything's been getting more streamlined (all the processes, communication, that sort of thing), and I'm going to keep trying to develop a definitive style. The key, IMO, is to find more evocative locations for the Real Drivers stuff and film them differently. Maybe outside the car or something. As for the car shows/races, well, I'll just keep trying new techniques with them. :)

--------------------

I'm fairly happy with this one:

-Leadfoot

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...