We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2.com Your FAQ's answered. + More FAQ's

Eudemon

Yep it's true, just look below. Some answers will not be to some folks likening and I really think they need to look at the handling otherwise there won't be many people around to purchase that additional content being pushed out first and foremost. Good to see the questions being answered though. :)

UPDATE #1: 9th August, 2011 - More FAQ's added

from: Devs' answers to your FAQs =) - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forums

Hey Guys,

Here are a couple more of your most popular FAQs answered. Again, these are realistic answers from the developers and I hope this gives you a better understanding of the future of TDU2.

Will PS3 & PC users be able to drive the C8 Aileron some time?

The C8 is an exclusive to xbox users. PS3/PC users get the Ferrari 458 Italia as their exclusive. At present there are no plans to make these vehicles cross platform.

Will there be an option to disable crashes/collisions?

Collisions can currently be disabled in multiplayer online challenges (set by the player “host”). There are currently no plans to disable collisions in other modes but we understand this is a current request and will look into the possibilities.

Can the graphics be improved? What’s the extent? Better lighting effects? shaders?

In general, PC users will be able to have more access to graphics customization(screenresolution, texture quality, 3D, etc…). The graphics for PS3 and Xbox are currently fully optimized. In the development of TDU2, we concentrated on optimizing the graphics to be some of the best out there for open world driving titles.

Will windshield wipers operate in some future update?

There a no current plans to add operating windshield wipers to TDU2.

Will Functions and cockpit lighting be improved? The light of panel for example? Can you fix the lighting in the cockpit view? (distorted by tinted windows)

We are currently looking into possible adjustments to the cockpit lighting and functionality.

I appreciate your feeback and will continue to communicate your concerns/requests/faqs to the developers and other members of the TDU2 team.

Meixy

from: Devs' answers to your FAQs =) - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forums

Hey guys,

Here are the FAQs we compiled from the previous thread we started. Note: We are still waiting on a handful of questions that are being routed through the devs.

General Questions/General DLC Questions

Will there be future DLC? What’s planned to be included in the future DLC? When can they expect it?

We are currently planning additional DLC. We are not ready to announce the contents yet but stay tuned for latest details.

What are the limits to potential DLC additions? Can they expect new brands, new social places, and new radios?

We are exploring all the options under the sun. New cars, new vehicle types, new activities for avatars are some of the current options we are exploring. We are all about adding features and new content to TDU2 and are looking to make the game more exciting for all players.

Will future DLC suffer the same issues at the Exploration pack?

As we’re sure you understand, publishing new content for a game that is as deep and complicated as TDU2 is no easy feat. Given its persistent online world, there are a lot of moving parts to the game. We have learned a lot from the DLC past and we hope we can do better moving forward. Overall, we’ve learned from past mistakes and feel we have adequately adjusted the system to improve efficiency.

Is the game still fully supported by Eden?

Yes while Eden has made some changes to the team, Eden still has developers working around the clock to make TDU2 the best experience possible!

Will the DLC work on multiple accounts?

Purchase content is tied to a user not tied to the individual system. Therefore, the same DLC cannot be used on a separate user’s accounts.

Why is there an activation limit on this game?

As part of the security and anti-virus measure, we have to enforce some activation limit.

Why are the forums excluded from the news that comes across on Twitter and Facebook?

While we thinks it’s important to get TDU2 related news on as many channels as possible, we agree that the official TDU2 forums represent the most dedicated group of TDU2 fans. Josh and I will do our best to ensure you are the first to know about all important tdu2 related matters whenever possible.

Is the new DLC Exploration Pack free?

YES!

What are the contents of the new DLC Exploration Pack?

The contents of the Xbox DLC Exploration Packing coming out August 16th can be found here: http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=56291

DLC Specific Additions

Will DLC and/or future DLCs contain additional trophies/achievements?

We are currently exploring opportunities for inclusion of additional trophies and achievements.

Is there a new island for the DLC pack?

No firm plans are in place to introduce an additional island at this time. We are just focusing on polishing and adding more content to the current islands instead of using our resources for adding an additional island.

How are the plans for inserting new brands in the game? How many car models? Are there minimals set for any contract to be worth pursuing?

Every manufacturer contract is unique. There are not set minimums or maximums. We evaluate cars on a case by case basis but we are definitely exploring the inclusion of new brands and vehicles.

Will future DLC contain bikes and more cars?

We are definitely including more cars. As far as other vehicle types, stay tuned ;)

What are the chances of fuel being added to the game?

There are currently no plans for fuel gauges to be added to the game.

What’s the real possibility of having places opened diverse events on beaches, drive-ins and night clubs?

We are planning to add additional avatar activities and currently looking into the different options.

Is it possible for a walk anywhere feature to be added?

We’ve consider this but we don’t feel like this is conducive to the world full of drivers that TDU2 is.

Will there be adjustable seats?

We don’t think this is significant to gameplay but we will consider it.

Why are the song types so limited?

We feel good about the amount of music included at launch. With a range of house, electronic, and rock, we feel that is representative of the current launch style.

DLC Specific Improvements/Fixes

Can you add an easier way to make money in a future DLC update?

We are evaluating the wealth progression mechanic in DLC 1 to see how we can improve this system.

Any chance the engine sounds can be improved?

We spend tons of time and resources to try to get engine sounds to be as accurate sounding as possible. Currently, engine sounds are not our main focus.

When will the current maintenance on the server be fixed? Why are servers down all the time?

We are currently working to fix current server issues. Again, it’s an on going fix. We are constantly working to optimize server performance and work round the clock to pursue all possible improvements.

Will the friends list be fixed?

We are updating the friends list for DLC 1 and currently trying to optimize the function.

Is anything being done about the hackers/cheaters?

We take cheating extremely seriously and we have a zero tolerance problem. We are diligently working to eliminate all cheating in TDU2 and understand that this is a current issue.

Will Eden restrict the racing to required licenses?

DLC 1 adjusts the types of vehicles that can participate in different race categories. This should address the issue.

What are the chances of better car physics?

We work really hard to create a handling balance between arcade and sims. We are currently pretty happy with the way it works out. Right now our efforts are really focused on getting new playable content out.

Hope this adressed some of your FAQs =)

Meixy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh - maybe I should've replied here instead of at TDU2.com where I will no doubt be flamed by someone :p

What are the chances of me reinstalling this game?

No chance.

Seriously though - if these are the *frequently* asked questions, then surely they deserve the highest priority, yet you've indicated that you're ignoring more than a few of them. Then most of the others show that you have no commitment by repeating the old phrases 'stay tuned' and 'working around the clock'. I have played better independant games that cost a third of the price of TDU2, both in the physics and other areas of the game. I honestly believe the current developers are incapable of fixing this driving game.

*unsubscribes*

What I'm getting from this is that they're going to give us more DLC but not fix a lot of the problems we complain about in the game. I'll reserve final judgement until the rest of the questions are answered but that's how I feel this is going. Personally, I'll buy DLC if I like it but I know a whole lot of others won't and will probably leave the game if things don't start changing. Let's hope they actually commit to giving us what we actually want so we can finally all enjoy the game the way we should be instead of just tossing us a few new cars and promises.

A few of those "FAQs" really made me laugh. Engine sounds are accurate? In what twisted dimension is that true? Physics? Apparently they're happy with no one being happy. Adjustable seats not significant to game play? So seeing out of the car isn't significant to game play anymore eh? Nice to see that there are game companies out there other than EA that hate the people who buy their products.

We work really hard to create a handling balance between arcade and sims. We are currently pretty happy with the way it works out. Right now our efforts are really focused on getting new playable content out.

That's it. As soon as I'm home, it's going. If they're happy with the physics in their current state, then forget future DLCs.

Goodbye, TDU2.

You know what I think they're either really galacticly stupid or genius. Because it's obvious that the game is a piece of tat because of the physics and they're ignoring that OR they have found the perfect way to annoy me.

@iLL, I don't think 'screwed' is a swear word; at least I don't see how the other S word makes any grammatical sense.

Thought so, but wanted to play it on a safe side just in case. :p

Then, to repeat myself - well, that's it... we are officially screwed! :-x

I wonder where that physics answer comes from, was it Eden or someone in Atari ie the marketing department. They went for GRiD esque handling without realising that game sold a lot due to it's visuals and crash effects. I didn't hear many people rave about it's handling if I'm honest. I think this will go one of two ways now, people who were holding out hope will now realise there is nothing more for them and will get rid and go onto something new and then there is the people who will still cling to the hope that Atari/Eden will realise that what they feel is perfectly fine is not and that what the community has been screaming for since day 1 gets fixed and changed.

I'm sure the reaction from all the international communities will show just how wrong they are in some of their assumptions.

Activation limit-That one bad "apple"!

I want to thank Atari/Eden for putting TDU 2 on the market. With its flaws, shortcomings, and oversights; TDU 2 is, by far, the best automobile game on the market. TDU2 is second to none, when comes variety of real world elements in a car game. There's a little something in TDU 2, for anyone that likes car games. I have gotten more joy out of TDU 2 than any other car game I've ever played. I honestly could see myself playing this game for years to come. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, because the activation limit is going to put a stop to that vision.

I looked through the list of all the questions being addressed. I started to comment on a few of the given answers, but only one of the answers given takes presidence over all the other ones.

Hey guys,

Why is there an activation limit on this game?

As part of the security and anti-virus measure, we have to enforce some activation limit.

Hope this adressed some of your FAQs =)

Meixy

To us PC players, the looming cloud of activation limit, renders any, if any, improvements and request made to and monies spent on TDU 2, Useless. So if Atari/Eden made TDU2 the "perfect"(whatever perfect means to you) game, but left the activation limit on the game, all those improvements would mean nothing. Well, you could keep buying the game over and over. That would be good for Atari.

The answer that was given to this particular question is completely unrelated to the question and the issue it poses. The answer given is, as insulting to the paying customers' intelligence, as the activation limit is to our money. To me, that's a little to much "F-U" from Atari to its paying customers. All long as that activation limit is on TDU 2, I'll never by another TDU, if there be another one, and it's very likely that I'm not going to buy anymore of Atari's products again. Once my activation limits are up on TDU 2, that's going to be the end of the TDU franchise for me.

oshaylinux

So they're not improving the handling which is one of the main parts of the game that people really dislike in order to make extra content, that's probably riddled with more bugs so they can make more money.

They're happy with the handling, sounds and other parts? That's probably because they made them. What's more important, the few people that made the game being happy or the hundreds of thousands of customers that paid their wages?

Well, good luck to them, I know I won't be buying anything relating to TDU again unless it's made by a different developer and publisher which seems very unlikely. Shame really.

I have to agree, the engines sounds are accurate. Just not to the individual model.

Whilst the physics are nasty, I can live with them and will buy the DLC. I have doubts though if an further DLC will make it though. It must have cost them a lot just pretending to sort out the current mess.

NFS have activation limits - the only differences are that (1), they've never caused me any problems, (2), the limit is higher (five), and (3) they have a support team who can easily reset your activation limit when you contact them via live chat.

I'm building a new car, it is the perfect mix of a HGV and a Motorbike. It weighs 5 tonnes and is powered by a 40BHP 600cc bike engine. It is neigh on unusable and has a top speed of 4mph, but i think it works out really well. I am currently focussing my efforts on introducing alloys as an optional extra

"Any chance the engine sounds can be improved?

"We spend tons of time and resources to try to get engine sounds to be as accurate sounding as possible."

LOL. Time well spent guys.

"Currently, engine sounds are not our main focus."

Really, I'd not noticed.

I'm building a new car, it is the perfect mix of a HGV and a Motorbike. It weighs 5 tonnes and is powered by a 40BHP 600cc bike engine. It is neigh on unusable and has a top speed of 4mph, but i think it works out really well. I am currently focussing my efforts on introducing alloys as an optional extra

2z557x3.jpg

I want to thank Atari/Eden for putting TDU 2 on the market. With its flaws, shortcomings, and oversights; TDU 2 is, by far, the best automobile game on the market.

Tears of laugher are in my eyes, I just got up from the floor :lol: TDU2 and best in the same sentence? :rofl:

*cough* RRrrrright, the physics were all good for me up to the point where I bought a wheel. Now there's no chance I'm going back to TDU2, after testing TDU1 with H-shifter. Also, it's amazing how much attention this has got. They said those things probably to make people more excited about all the stuff, without realizing that actually they only ruined the chances of people getting back into the game

:fp: