We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Toyota Celica GT-Four

TIMELESS

Great to see you've still got the old girl! Guessing she's running as strong as ever, being a 90's Toyota and all! :D

The new exhaust does sound nice, when i see the size of it I was expecting it to be a bit trashy sounding but sounds spot on!

But she's no 1-UZ... ;)

With the BC coilovers, what spring rate is it? Always hear good things with BC's, and a high chance i'll be getting stuff r from them 'soon'.

Guessing it's replacing the original unit's going by the estimated mileage on it?

Still going well bud, and sounds better than ever.

Couldn't tell you Cal, however I can tell you it's fully adjustable and pretty and shiny and stuff. The rear is original (not bad for 21 years) but the fronts were replaced with KYB shocks after an incident with some ice, a curb, and a flower bed. Couple of years after the KYBs went in they had to be replaced with originals for MOT. Ironically the second hand original shocks were completely useless - as in bottoms out over a speed bump at 30mph kind of useless. And so it was decided we might as well just stick some good stuff in all round.

For a car thats designed to be thrashed, the fact you got that many miles & years out the original rears is good! (Get the feeling the fronts would have been the same if not replaced!) Shows how good Toyota were back in the day!

With BC being a trusted make so should be no problems! Going by the photo they are not just height adjustable, but also dampening as well? Loved that feature on my Civic's set (MeisterR's), keep on a soft setting for most of the time then when up for a nice bit of spirited driving in the weekend, set it a bit stiffer. Found it did actually make a difference. :D

Can't wait to see the updates!

Wee update, stopped by the mechanics yesterday to see how he was getting on, he had the suspension and radiator fitted, so we went for a test drive. I have been in many different cars, but I've never felt anything stick to the road like that... it's insane. Anyway we're picking her up today so I'll hopefully have a better exhaust video today or later in the week :nods:

Which one did you buy and where did you attach it? Sounds bad lol

A cheap one (Microphone for Smartphone, Blusmart Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone for iPhone Android Smartphone, Laptop Macbook, iPad, iPod Touch with Lapel Clip: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments) and I taped it just under the boot lid. Surprisingly not bad wind-noise wise but jeez it can't handle the volume or the bass. :hmmm:

A cheap one (Microphone for Smartphone, Blusmart Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone for iPhone Android Smartphone, Laptop Macbook, iPad, iPod Touch with Lapel Clip: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments) and I taped it just under the boot lid. Surprisingly not bad wind-noise wise but jeez it can't handle the volume or the bass. :hmmm:

Yeah. I'd just buy a new (better) one. :p

Have I posted the exhaust sound clip I made in summer? It turned out better than anticipated even though it was not the best placement regarding wind noise. I clipped the mic onto the diffuser right above the exhaust. Vocaroo | Voice message

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.