We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools II [Release 2.1.0.0]

Djey

--------------------------------------------------

These tools are part of TDU Modding Tools 2

You can download Knyazev'sTDU2 Texture Tools here

--------------------------------------------------

Because, I miss your +rep, lawl :D

3d68138c2d8bfaa34c2a69ae86747.jpg

EPIC logo by rollingtheboy :twisted:

+Home : Right here, right now :)

Archive (might disappear) : TDU Modding Tools II

TDUMT II does not intend to replace TDUMT 1.16; it will focus on modders need and not gamers need basically.

TDUMT II is designed to support TDU1, and TDU2 (but without warranty as I don't own this PC damn version).

TDUMT II will NOT unpack .big files as tools already do that now.

TDUMT II only likes unpacked TDU2s btw ;)

BNK specific :

• ability to remove / add files
  • optimized contents to save space (no padding zone)

+Creator: Djey

+Thanks to :

2DB Management tools :

Knyazev

XMB Format :

TBU2

Testing :

RollingThePote

+modders: Knyazev tomsolo Tool831 wagnerpsc Xarlith jorge Minime891 reventon09 Speeder thunderhawk17382 Beurky keyser92 Knyazev kristiannn Opelos_HUN M-Rick VoodooShamane

+forgotten ones...

+Roadmap:

upcoming 2.2.0.0 >

- Bugfix: repacking Euro\Bnk\fx\vfx_car.bnk

- Feature: MiniXmb Editor -> new app, sound volume editor (WIP)

- Feature: ability to load BNKs and XMBs into MiniBnk/MiniXmb from windows explorer

- Enhancement: MiniBnk -> user interface improvements to match MiniXmb app

---

+Downloads:

2.1.0.0 > DOWNLOAD

+Sources:

You'll find all resources from my GitHub page:

GitHub - djey47/tdumt2: TDU Modding Tools 2 - Toolset for modding Test Drive Unlimited 2 game

Submitted under terms of the MIT license.

+Offline Documentation (general and TDUMT modding):

No documentation for TDUMT2 yet.

Let's rock ! :bacon:

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm so excited right now! Not only your new tools are going to further make our life a lot easier while making future TDU mods, but it's going to support TDU2 as well. This could mean that we are finally moving in the right direction and personally, I can't wait for the community to take over TDU2. Oh wow, just imagine all the possibilities.

One thing though, I've noticed that a tree is blocking your cool road network. Need some help to chop it? :lol:

Roadmap_small.jpg

Anyway, good luck... and ofcourse, +rep! Nobody deserves it more than you! ;)

I wish you'd keep the TDU2 repacker under wrap until Eden release the addon cars they already had made - like the Rabcat models, officially drop support for the game, or shut down. Otherwise it's gonna hurt their ability to keep development going. Each car cost them over $20k to have made and you know modders are going to focus on the same cars just to stick it to them. Atari/Eden can't compete with teenagers who can just steal and convert stuff in their spare time at no cost and without consequences. At the very least it can kill any potential revenue from the PC platform, endangering its support. It could even hurt DLC sales on consoles. EA sells 2-3 million copies of each of its racing games before they even get out of bed. They only release PC versions for pocket money. Atari/Eden don't have that luxury. Every sale counts for the game having a chance to survive.

A BNK repacker won't bring decent wheel support or FFB. Eden's next couple DLCs might. At least we know they worked on a HC mode and planned to release it as DLC. They knew they had to focus on hardcore players in the long run. So please let them release a couple DLCs before deciding if it's worth releasing a repacker.

I wish you'd keep the TDU2 repacker under wrap until Eden release the addon cars they already had made - like the Rabcat models, officially drop support for the game, or shut down. Otherwise it's gonna hurt their ability to keep development going. Each car cost them over $20k to have made and you know modders are going to focus on the same cars just to stick it to them. Atari/Eden can't compete with teenagers who can just steal and convert stuff in their spare time at no cost and without consequences. At the very least it can kill any potential revenue from the PC platform, endangering its support. It could even hurt DLC sales on consoles. EA sells 2-3 million copies of each of its racing games before they even get out of bed. They only release PC versions for pocket money. Atari/Eden don't have that luxury. Every sale counts for the game having a chance to survive.

A BNK repacker won't bring decent wheel support or FFB. Eden's next couple DLCs might. At least we know they worked on a HC mode and planned to release it as DLC. They knew they had to focus on hardcore players in the long run. So please let them release a couple DLCs before deciding if it's worth releasing a repacker.

Yes, cause they've done marvelous job for the past 7 months. We got a lot of new features we players requested, got a lot of pretty shiny new cars and everything we could wish for. And then some! Oh wait, that didn't happened... and chances are of that happening in near future are... slim to none. Game was pretty much dead first week after release, and 7 months later without any proper updates, except that lame Explorer Pack, we might as well call it quits.

I can see your point, and I would love more than anything to see proper TDU2 support from Eden/Atari, but you are too optimistic. Nothing wrong with that, but community gave up from hoping half a year ago. I suggest you do the same.

And besides, future mods made by ''teenagers who can just steal and convert stuff'' won't work online anyways. While we at that subject, you can't ignore the fact that those same ''teenagers'' are the reason first TDU survived this long. I'ts been 5 years already and TDU still has strong player base, if I'm not mistaken. TDU2 on other hand...

A BNK repacker won't bring decent wheel support or FFB.

nor eden , can we just stop believing in this so called support ? It's not happening and it never will . They are 'happy' with the handling it proves the team is actually run by the monkeys. I mean come on people this is the best shot at saving this game . If anything I'm supporting djey. And before you slag off modders remember what have they done to make tdu1 last forever. EA sells millions of copies because they actually complete building the game before releasing , they at least give a damn about their community , and they have better management on every sector.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm so excited right now! Not only your new tools are going to further make our life a lot easier while making future TDU mods, but it's going to support TDU2 as well. This could mean that we are finally moving in the right direction and personally, I can't wait for the community to take over TDU2. Oh wow, just imagine all the possibilities.

One thing though, I've noticed that a tree is blocking your cool road network. Need some help to chop it? :lol:

Anyway, good luck... and ofcourse, +rep! Nobody deserves it more than you! ;)

Eden may as well admit they a TOTAL hash of TDU2 and give up on it.