We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools II [Release 2.1.0.0]

Djey

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Knyazev, btw are you the author of TDU2 Universal Launcher ?? such an epic job !

++

Yes, I'm)

Your work very very much better ;-)

Sorry for the long absence. A lot of works with web-sites.

I wanted to update TDU2 Universal Launcher, but I lost source code :\

Soon I will try to write a new app with support of checking the updates to game.

About XMBF data file format. I found site: Stefan Meinel > Science > XMBF about this, it's right?

Sorry for my bad english -_-

Best regards, Knyazev.

Hi Knyazev

Good luck for this Super Universal Launcher !

advice : you could use solutions like SVN to manage your source code :) I can help you if you need as I'm using such a system.

XMBF specs are not on the internet, but TBU2 is definetely working on it, very promising as well :)

edit : wrong guy here, my mistake...

One "cool" thing I've made. :p

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

This is as Djey often say "Very WIP" because I made only one of the step I want to reach. :D

Can make a lot of great features, as enable only music on radios, edit miscs options, tuning...

EDIT: another one (PS: not for online use!)

I know, TDU2 servers don't check the player profile, exe and other game files.

Only upLauncher checks game files.

Now a lot of cheaters in the game, they not be banned. (Thay have a modified TestDrive2.exe file and game files)

I have a modified EXE-file and I successfully play online.

Just did a test with tdu2 and it seems to have no file size limit . :)

2nd that, It has no file size limit. :cool: You never had to say "It seems"

I too did a test, I exploded a BNK (Nissan 370Z) boosted its texture resolution to 9000 x 9000 (50MB) and put two textures of those inside the BNK, the BNK was then repacked and it was 103MB BNK file.

Guess what, it worked... ;) Only thing I can suggest to gamers who only just pass PC requirement specs, you will have a hard time now.. Modders can now just go nuts and provide high quality and even LOD models can now be more neat, included the shadows and interior's.

Yes cool !

But a A7 Enzo... lol.

Sounds like there will be discussion about ethics soon. That kind of change in bad hands should never go online !

Indeed, common sense and decency to fellow players should be considered in regards to the mods and modifications that are offered or that are allowed to occur. However this is the reason why one of the main requests for TDU2 in regards to modding was that freeroam should allow mods but races, competitions, challenges should be reset, reverted or a notice should show a message that 'you cannot enter [said action] with your current vehicle' via the server.

Hello Guys,

we testing TDU Modding Tools 2 of Djeys, and my friend tried replace TDU2 sounds with SHift 1 sounds, extracted and both compare, and he tell for me: very very same!!! (The minimal difference: the TDU2 slounds have little higher frequency but the timing same, and few cars the filenames is same too.) (The engine sounds have an ST_ string. ST == ShifT?)

Little strange, why better Shift1 sounds, and why weak in TDU2 if file is same.... and...

Anyone confirmed this?

(eg. wrxsti sounds)

Edit:

He made a little video:

Indeed, common sense and decency to fellow players should be considered in regards to the mods and modifications that are offered or that are allowed to occur. However this is the reason why one of the main requests for TDU2 in regards to modding was that freeroam should allow mods but races, competitions, challenges should be reset, reverted or a notice should show a message that 'you cannot enter [said action] with your current vehicle' via the server.

As I previously said, this isn't in my interest to make a Class swap or something like that. I will never release this. Maybe in the future we'll make new physics, but only for offline use.

@Tool: so we could make a VERY VERY HD TDU2... I'm really excited about importing Forza 4 models in TDU2, it'll be sexy for sure! :D

Not all TDU2 *.2db files can be converted to DDS with "TDUMT 2DB to DDS Converter".

For example: unpacked files from Euro\Bnk\fx\sun.bnk, all 8 *.2db files can't be converted to DDS.

I got a error:

image-B6A1_4E95917A.jpg

"Reading after the end of the stream can't be"

I wanted edit the texture of the sun.

All files extracted from *.bnk with help TDUMT II.

Not all TDU2 *.2db files can be converted to DDS with "TDUMT 2DB to DDS Converter".

For example: unpacked files from Euro\Bnk\fx\sun.bnk, all 8 *.2db files can't be converted to DDS.

I got a error:

http://pics.i-knyazev.ru/image-B6A1_4E95917A.jpg

I wanted edit the texture of the sun.

Got the same error, you should use QuickBMS script to unpack textures and edit them. :p

I have a strange problem:

*.2db files unpacked from file (for example: Euro\Bnk\vehicules\high\corvette_zr1.bnk) with help "TDUMT II beta", I can't convert to DDS (with help TDUMT: 2DB to DDS Converter)

I got a error:

image-1D7B_4E959BF8.jpg

But!

Same *.2db files extracted from corvette_zr1.bnk with QuickBMS + script, successfully converted to DDS (with same help TDUMT: 2DB to DDS Converter)

QuickBMS extracts more files from *.bnk than TDUMT II beta.

Two version of unpacked files:

corvette_zr1.bnk_unpacked.rar (QuickBMS and TDUMT II)

Speeder

Yes. I know. :)

and...

Some *.bnk files contains two interesting files: hashcodes.xmb & entities.xmb.

got it and compared.

You seem to have everything extracted with QuickBMS (exterior + interior), whereas this TDUMT2 extract is only exterior file.

And concerning textures, 2DB files are strictly identical between those 2 methods. So that's not the problem.