We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools II [Release 2.1.0.0]

Djey

by Oleg » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:54 am

Ok, I've uploaded ZModeler 2.2.6 (redownload from zmodeler site, not available via autoupdater). Get a TDU2 Example Pack on the site too.

This is not a release yet, just to run first tests and such.

I'll write an extended guide thread for materials and their settings later. Currently several guide notes:

1. need a game unpacked and running with a Euro\Bnk files;

2. Djey's MiniBNKManager tool is required to "Repack" BNK files;

3. all common (cars_common.BNK) .2DB textures must be unpacked and put into ONE folder; this folder should be available to ZModeler as a "Textures Search Path" entry in Options\Settings\Services\Textures.

4. Material texture slots shoduld be exactly followed to original or example pack's settings. There are lots of variations and freedom, I'll write a guide later;

4.a consider switching texture layer options to "Advanced" mode to be able to set (or view) valid settings for each texture layer.

Texture layers that were DISABLED upon import, must stay disabled when you Export the scene. You can enable them to view settings or change textures, but make sure to disable these layers before export.

P.S. a car's paint color issue is not yet addressed. The car appears improperly painted when you "test drive". It's Ok at dealer shop, you can preview it's different paint, but it's wrong when you drive out.

Interior color seems to stuck on default settings (usually black plastic + red leather design) and does not change when you buy the car.

Both problems appear even on unmodified vehicle after Unpack\Repack operation, so I can't be sure whether it's ZModeler fault or just a re-packing problem.

Oleg

Site Admin

Sounds good guys !

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is properly amazing, so I can assume TDUMT beta 3 will follow shortly with repacking fixes :D

As always, go go go !

Edit:

since great news don't come alone, just repacked this one :)

3c131d27a3de79f71f8f58b8deba0t.jpg

given that the amount of changes I had to do into the repacker to fix this, next version will not be final obviously !

Beta 3 will be before the week end if everything goes well

Thanks guys, I do want to note I won't be doing this as a first car. I was simply testing it out due to my excitement instead of crapping my pants. :D I should have a more simple car without it looking choppy.

*This is going to be my first car for TDU2 - Easy to learn new features with a small car*

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Anyways to keep ontopic, I still use Beta 1 of the repacker that Djey sent out to his beta testers.

Edit: Tire positions are no longer controlled by Zmodeler, I believe we may need to get the database cracked before any cars could be released IHMO

thank tool831

but can u explain me how work texturewith zmod ? i tried to import my wheels in game, but i have pink texture on it ?

i load my 2db with the material editor assigned the texture on the mesh and export in 3dg, in game sometime i've black or pink wheel textured :(

First test after a 5 minutes edit:

Very easy to create and edit, I feel that TDU2 Car mods gonna be awesome! :D

@Tools: Wheels positions may be one of the most important problem for TDU2 modding, I tested some stuff with database... I found that you can 3D swap of every car, as create a 430 Scuderia 16M with DBS 3D without rename the .bnk of the DBS (VERY GOOD feature for using free slots of the games), edit root name (I mean root the original model if this is another one with, DB9 Volante, Scuderia Spider...), and change wheels positions should be with these informations, I'm working on it. :)

E.g: -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

hi there, same problem here with my wheel textured in pink ?, someone have ever see that before ? [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/captureklt.jpg/]-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --[/URL] ok, i've finally found the way and put my texture ingame but, other problem, i lost the specular highlight after export with zmod ?? is not a repacking problem, just zmod export lost my specular. [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/captureao.jpg/]-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --[/URL] @wagnerpsc that my step for have the texture ingame maybe that can help you. my dds texture is dxt1 no alpha converted with TMT 1.9 not tried with knyasev tool [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/capture5666.jpg/]-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --[/URL]

wagnerpsc

try with the RK_spyder_f_01 like this.

1. unpack the bnk with the djey tool, tool creat a work folder, open Zmod, go to option setting>service>texture click on "add" and load work>rk_spyder_f_01.bnk>5prepared>vehicule>cars>MAPS

2.in the work Rk spyder folder> go to maps file and put here ur DDS, convert the dds with the knyasev tool in this folder, take the spyder_f_01_logo.2db as the original for ur convert,

convert dds, and rename the new dds like the original "spyder_f_01_logo.2db" delete dds and old .2db

3.open Zmod, work on ur 3d and make sure u keep exactly the same texture,layer name as the original bnk

that work for me..