We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC screen getting all fuzzy

hpluls

Today my dad encountered this problem on our PC (specs in my profile). After some time, the screen gets all fuzzy, the PC freezes and needs to be restarted. What might be causing this? My dad said it started occuring directly after installing an update for Avast Free Antivirus. To me, it looks more like a video card issue, but I just want to make sure. Here are some photos of the screen:

b3pher.jpg

2iton44.jpg

24l4k0y.jpg

More than likely a failing GPU. Or possibly the PSU because the older they get the less power they can produce so it may not be powerful enough anymore.

Could be caused by the CPU, motherboard or RAM though.

you've pretty much counted all the components of pc :P , try reformatting or if you have an on-board gpu on your motherboard take out the gpu and have another go.

you've pretty much counted all the components of pc :P , try reformatting or if you have an on-board gpu on your motherboard take out the gpu and have another go.

Only because it could be all of those components. It's hard to say what the problem is if I don't have the computer in front of me.

I've unplugged it and plugged it back into the mobo, cleaned the dust out of it, and updated the drivers... none of this helped. Guess the only solution now is a new card. Since the PC is no longer used for gaming, I'm just looking for something basic. Anyone got any experience with the GeForce 210 or something within its price range?