We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

So have you read about the Season Pass? (aka Give us your money!)

Eudemon

I've just read about this and I am actually laughing at the joke of what M$ is doing here. Yes it's Turn 10 also but for the most part MS turn the screws as is evident from so many things via their games.

So here's the thing. The Season Pass costs 2400MSP and get's you 6 DLC packs + 1 bonus Muscle car Pack (US rejoices, everywhere else *meh*). Now if you bought the packs for FM3 you know that 2400MSP would be 6 packs for FM3 as they were 400MSP each. Aha, M$ can't have that now can they, nope so the DLC packs are now going to cost 560MSP which as you already know means buying a 1000MSP should you have 0MSP in your account as do MS give an option of what to buy in regards to points? Hell no they don't.

Ok so that 2400MSP (actual price 400MSP DLC) get's you a 30% discount (not really) off the 6 months DLC at the new (rip-off/gouge) price of 560MSP. Plus of course the extremely wanted Muscle Car pack. Yeah I know. I guess people are getting stupid these days though as EA did it and people I assume bought it so others are now thinking they will do the same.

But wait! What if you bought the LCE version? The LCE DOES NOT INCLUDE the Season Pass only the bonus Muscle Pack!!

So there you go, you now get to pay for something you don't have and have no guarantees of liking.

Excellent. :rolleyes:

Clever isn't it, micro subscriptions to bump up the cost of online gaming. This is going to become the way sadly, what with the third iteration of Modern Warfare offering a similar package.

I'll make exceptions for games I play a lot like this and Battlefield but everything else employing this tactic I simply won't buy, prefer story games anyway.

I don't mind supporting games I like but when you take into account that these days things are removed only to be sold later, stuff you can buy with real money is already on the disc and now this and the CoD Elite thing it's just getting stupid. DLC was a hated idea from day 1 but it started well enough because it was actually extra content for the most part and such for the game. Now though it's just a case of let's grab as much money as possible from people as we can.

I can see where this idea is comming from, but for Forza? What if it turned out that some paces were tat? Containing cars i'd never use?

I did buy the Season pass for LA Norie, but I liked it! and unlike forza theres not a chance you'll only use 30% of it or so!

Got to admit, it is a great way of making cash though!

So the LCE includes the season pass? I've read that it doesn't. :hmmm:
You're right, the person who responded to the original poster misunderstood. The LCE only gives you the Muscle Pack which is supposedly going to be Day 1 DLC. So Micro$oft are asking you to fork out the money for the game and then another $29.99 to gain the advantage of this fantastic limited time offer. :bullocks:

Not everyday you get to see an angry Scotsman... oh wait :lol:

Yeah, they're becoming a bit like iRacing in the way they charge you to play [online] and then charge you for extra content. One or the other would be better.

That said, at least they are releasing DLC, unlike one or two other games I'm thinking of (TDU2, GT5). :cheeky:

I have no plans on buying FM4 until a cheaper all-inclusive version arrives OR I get my hands on a CSR Elite or something else with 360 compatability.

You're right, the person who responded to the original poster misunderstood. The LCE only gives you the Muscle Pack which is supposedly going to be Day 1 DLC. So Micro$oft are asking you to fork out the money for the game and then another $29.99 to gain the advantage of this fantastic limited time offer. :bullocks:

Aww damnit :fp:

• 2 weeks later...
Thats good! Hate having to buy full packs and all you want is one car! I'd only buy the full pack if its cheaper(say out of 10 cars, I want 6 and its cheaper to buy the pack)

i dont think so, you are mistakken with car tokens. 1 token for 80 ms points, 6 tokens for 400 and 13 tokens for 800, those tokens are meant for ingame purchases. for example, with 3 car tokens you can get the most expensive car: ferrari 250.

the vip dlc's are probaly gonna get available for the rest of the world, but don't expect to be driving one of the vip exclusive cars the first month(s)

just my 2cents.

i also dont think ill be getting the season pass. i will buy the lce, but i don't think im gonna buy every dlc. just ones im gonna like./

I honestly don't see what is so bad about the system. Yeah, they raised the prices for the DLC, which was bound to happen eventually. I bought all the packs for FM3 aside of the last one, so something like this will save me money. There is also rumor floating around (or at least I think it is still rumor) that Turn 10 are gifting 250,000 in-game credits to those who buy the Season Pass. So, you will already have some credits towards the new cars you just downloaded.

I honestly don't see what is so bad about the system. Yeah, they raised the prices for the DLC, which was bound to happen eventually. I bought all the packs for FM3 aside of the last one, so something like this will save me money. There is also rumor floating around (or at least I think it is still rumor) that Turn 10 are gifting 250,000 in-game credits to those who buy the Season Pass. So, you will already have some credits towards the new cars you just downloaded.

It's no longer a rumour, it's been confirmed. I just personally think that LCE buyers should get a discount.

I have had just preordered the LCE for $110 at EBGames :aah:

The LCE was only $10 more than the normal version there, and I knew deep down that I would eventually get FM4 regardless, so it might as well be now, even if the GT5 update was just released. The sales guy asked me what I thought of GT5 as he noticed my GT wallet ;)

PCs might cost more than consoles, but the games are much cheaper (they also had Portal 2 for $110, whereas I'm sure it only cost me ~ $50 on Steam). Similar story with Driver SF. Maybe I should've looked for the FM4 LCE on eBay (I know it'll be out there cheaper, but meh).

So what's this about a Season Pass? Does the LCE give me that bonus in-game credit?