We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Clash of the titans 2011 (MP4-12C vs. 458 Italia)

KoenigseggBG

Which is your cup of tea?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your cup of tea?

• The MP4-12C
    • The 458 Italia
    • They are both extremely good, I can't compare perfectness

So I see there's no such thread here and this "war" has been going since the release of the baby McLaren. So what are your thought's people?

I personally agree with most of what Top Gear said. They had like 4-5 articles so far on this topic and basically what they're saying is:

"McLaren is better in almost every way but it doesn't have the soul and the passion."

So McLaren gets my vote as it's technically better, it's a new McLaren (don't get them every year unlike new Ferraris) and I prefer it's looks to the 458.

There are things about both that I don't like, and I get what Fifth Gear and TopGear said about the car. In nearly every game that's had the McLaren, I've found it hard to drive fast or flamboyantly (or rather, it didn't suit my driving style), whereas the 458 was much nicer to drive (i.e. in GT5), so I'll tick the Ferrari box... this time.

In every review I've read the end result is 458. As a looks preference I take the 458, the McLaren looks a bit too tame, almost Japanese in it's lines. Nothing wrong with that but it's not what I look for in a supercar. Engine, naturally aspirated over turbos any time.

Well, first of all I don't like new Ferraris. They're full of electronics, USB cables, handsfree's, memory seats etc. Yes, 458 has a lot of grip, power, high-revving engine... but the driver must be connected to wheels straight. Remove navigation, heated seats with memory, iPod connectors, get Recaro seats, manual transmission and reduce weight!

I'm for Lambo Gallardo LP550-2.

The 458 is naturally aspirated, which gains major points in my book. I would jump on the bandwagon and complain about how all the McLarens are breaking, but the 458's were at one time catching fire, so I suppose they are even to that extent. But I think the 458 looks better, and sounds better. And from every review I have read, the 458 is better to drive. Excellent car.

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late but I've only just seen this.

Ferrari 458 for me. Funny how McLaren have tried to make their car better in pretty much every way, but the 458 can still easily keep up with it on a twisty track. The 458 has so much more [Beware: Italian cliché coming up] soul and passion than the McLaren, don't get me wrong the McLaren is simply brilliant, and British (!) but the 458 just looks so much better, drives just as well and has is so much more than just science and maths.

458 kicks the ass of any cars in it's class. The SLS, McLaren and Gallardo don't stand a chance tbh.

A bit late but I've only just seen this.

Ferrari 458 for me. Funny how McLaren have tried to make their car better in pretty much every way, but the 458 can still easily keep up with it on a twisty track. The 458 has so much more [Beware: Italian cliché coming up] soul and passion than the McLaren, don't get me wrong the McLaren is simply brilliant, and British (!) but the 458 just looks so much better, drives just as well and has is so much more than just science and maths.

458 kicks the ass of any cars in it's class. The SLS, McLaren and Gallardo don't stand a chance tbh.

True true, but the SLS is a very fast GT. 458 is still a race car (most drivers are riding in the streets, though).