We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Thought/Opinions on FM4? Post them here.

gingervette

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off let me say I love this game. It's my first actual sim racing game unless you count NFS Pro Street which wasn't too bad for it's time but now looks like a complete muck up. Anyway, the graphics are great and the sounds are awesome. The visual effects are top notch as well. I actually feel tense driving at 150 mph +. Coming from TDU 2 I see an absolutely profound change in driving feel. The faster vehicles actually feel like they'll kill you if you're just willy nilly with the throttle. The physics just feel right (even though I'm stuck to using a pad because the game seems to think my hand brake is permanently on when my wheel is plugged in). Also the amount of customization available for all of your vehicles is great. I love the car choice as well.

Now for the bad. While the physics certainly seem to be great they just don't seem to work right for me on a pad. I can't steer as smoothly as I want to and it's really killing my lap times not being to be able to take some corners correctly because of that. If my wheel worked with this game it would probably be another story. My next gripe is with the A.I. As others have mentioned they just ram into you sometimes like your not even there. Sometimes I'll get a perfect pass on someone just to be crashed into by another driver and have it ruined. This gets so frustrating sometimes I just lose the will to race cleanly and bash other drivers to get in front. Also, the difficulty seems to be done incorrectly. In world tour mode it's very challenging (for me) and any mistakes can mean a definite loss. Outside of that mode it's too easy, once I manage to get in front I just leave the competition in the dust for the rest of the race.

Really this game isn't bad at all however. I definitely don't regret spending $80 on it and I can't say that for every game I've bought. I give it 2 thumbs up.

If you ask me, its not untill you actually compare games on your own tv that you discover which truely looks best. When you compare Forza 3 and Forza 4 side by side you realize just how big of a difference there is between the two games. The new lighting system is what really makes the difference, its also the reason i think Forza 4 looks better then GT5. I will admit, i actually think the enviroments look a bit more realistic in GT5, however they look alot more dull. Forza 4 took more arcady looking enviroments and made them look more visually impressive then actually are, and in my opinion it makes Forza more visually appealing.

On a note that is un-GT5 realated, i must say i am abosutly impressed with the new physics engine made better with sim steering, its nice too be able have soo much control over the way you go around a corner. I don't i've ever played a racing game on this generation of consoles that felt this realistic. The added body roll does wonders for the fell of weight transfer. I still think there should be more body roll though, but the suspenion feels alot more realistic, epecially when you hit bumps.

Well. I've played alot of Forza over the years and I won't compare it to the GT series because I haven't played the later that much.

Suffice to say whenever I tried I just seemed to get bored, and felt more like I was driving a job rather than driving a game.

I really like the improvements to FM4 compared with 2 and 3. Both in looks and in feel.

The new Bernese Alps track is one of the best I've seen in the game. Along witt Maple Valley its probably my favourite. The addition of the TG track is welcome too, even if its boring to race on... fantastic in the playground matches though.

Despite the improvements to the career mode, its all pretty similar to 2 and 3, so I'm finding it a bit tedious this time. I Like the choice of events each time and new choice in rewards is much nicer too. I'm really grateful that the level-up system is used in both the single player and multiplayer events.

... more to follow

• 1 month later...
FM4 is so confusing with DLC, pre order, bla blah blah cars. There's a whole heap of cars missing.

How do I get the normal 640, the Gallardo SL and 570 SL, the 430 Scud... etc?

Those are all Unicorn cars now. The list of Unicorn cars is substantially larger in this game than in any of the other Forza iterations.

I've never heard of unicorn cars before? How do you get them?

you can win them in weekly photo events on turn 10's facebook page, or in game with devs.

as for the 430 scuderia, and the older lamborghini superlegera, if you had those in forza 3 (with the dlc) and then in your garage, then you would have gotten those in forza 4.

hope this helps

Unicorns suck. So if I want M5 F10, I have to buy an LCE? LCE unlock the muscle cars DLC? I'm getting lost with LCEs, DLCs etc :fp:

no the m5 f10 is free dlc.

lce is unavailble this time, sold out long ago..

are you actualy getting fm4?

the dlc thingy is actualy not that hard once you actualy have the game

• 3 weeks later...