We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Community Assisted Race Simulator (CARS) WAS in Development

Ryzza5

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video, I'd love to do that 24 hours of LeMans race, looks like it'd be great fun.

It really should have [PRODUCT PLACEMENT] or something on the youtube video though, almost no balanced views on it, basically just an advert for the game (this is a commentary on youtube videos as a whole, not pcars though).

• 2 weeks later...

Lead Project Manager Pete Morrish joined in one of the TGC friendly league races the other day. He's new to sim racing and is having fun learning.

CBG2SUfUgAAsQGM.jpg:large

Watch the reverse grid race #2 from the perspective of WMD user miagi. Has a kind of BTCC feel to it (but with TeamSpeak commentary)

TGC races are run on Wednesday nights Euro time - you can join in by sending a PM to Elmo (WMD).

• 3 weeks later...

So that's the end. Final WMD build was published last Friday, which represents the Day 1 patch available to the public when the purchase the game. It's still not perfect in a few areas, but overall SMS have delivered a game that the community can be very proud of. To see press compare us to Forza and GT is pretty special, but it will be interesting to see how the casual gamepad racers find the game.

I don't think I've played another racing game where I can pretend that the AI are online players. They're skillful, challenging, daring, and sometimes imperfect. For me it makes racing them an absolute blast. See my latest video here.

tduck members can also win a PC copy of the game.

That's gorgeous!

*Inspects*

Hmm might have to upgrade my i5.....I fear I've been playing too much practice mode and not enough races to see how the game performs :lol:

Normally I'd just pop on the game and throw a car round a track for a few laps for a laugh.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It finally happened!

2015-11-21_00001.jpg

I ran into myself. Or rather, myself ran into me!

That McLaren P1 was amazing to watch the other day... but boy was it amazing to drive tonight. The speed is so brutal, yet the cornering balance is so delicate. You can feel the edge of grip on corner exit and just decide if you want to hold the gas where it is and stick to the edge or if you want to prod it a little bit more and slide a little. At Nordschliefe you benefit from the great downforce but as soon as you crest mid corner things get a whole lot more exciting for a split second.