We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA V {DT} - IT'S OUT AND IT'S SOOOOO GOOOD!!

superhyper

Wait is that REALLY to scale??

This guy did the math but did it wrong, it's not *quite* right. Works out to about 1.5 GTA SAs according to someone who redid it. Apologies for confusing/disappointing anyone. Probably still room for GTA IV's map in there.

(MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT WITH MAP SPOILERS)

source

I used the Photoshop ruler tool to find the following:

From his calculation in the picture, using the golden line scale: 273 pixels = 1 mile = 1.60934km

In GTA V's leaked map scale on the left side(5000ft - The part you can see in the middle): 76 pixels = 2250ft = 685.8m = 0.6858km

So I needed to find out how much is 1km by using percentage calculations:

GTA V: (76x100)/68.58 = 110.8194808982211 (Pixels per km)

GTA SA: (273x100)/160.934 = 147.2653386 (Pixels per km)

I then made the GTA SA map from his thread 110.8194808982211/147.2653386 = 0.752515467 = 75.2515467% times smaller(Using photoshop resize percents when you CNTRL+T) to match the size of 1k in GTA V's map to see the size comparison

This is the result: http://i3.minus.com/ibxSxKT9m7OCdE.png [3]

Edit 2 WITH GTA SA, RDR AND V - calculations(The gold bar is 1mile in all pictures, that's why the calculations are almost exact excluding the amount of pixels the gold bar takes in each picture):

GTA IV : (324.5x100)/160.934 = 201.635453043 (Pixels per km)

RDR: (272x100)/160.934 = 169.013384369 (Pixels per km)

Reduction percent for IV:110.8194808982211/201.635453043 = 0.54960315374 = 54.960315374%

Reduction percent for RDR:110.8194808982211/169.013384369 = 0.65568464481 = 65.568464481% (Don't forget that he's riding a horse so it might can feel bigger)

Result 2 w/ RDR+IV+SA: All [4] , IV [5] , RDR [6]

As the guy in the thread I linked to said, ""GTA V is larger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined" statement means that it could take over *HALF AN HOUR to jog from one side of the map to the other***" but he used the number Rockstar gave of square km that might include water.

Anyways, it's pretty big and if you didn't believe the pasted maps one upon the other like I did, you have proof now.

It looks even bigger now seeing as the GTA IV map someone posted here covered half of the map while after doing some math, the GTA SA map that is bigger than GTA IV covered barely Los Santos.\

Edit: A good point Jennica pointed out: There's underwater distance to factor in and if most buildings in LS that has the same size as the whole San Andreas map have interiors, some with even with second, third etc. floors, this is insanely huge. That's too much to calculate without more information from R*.

Edit3: Good point from The-Dragonborn regarding the legitimacy of this scale some people seem to disagree with although I provided solid proof: Instead of simply pasting one map on the other I made exact calculations to prove how big GTA V is compared to the biggest GTA to date - San Andreas : GrandTheftAutoV[7]

Edit4: Map square mileage calculation:

991.50x1322.00 are the exact pixels HeightxWidth from photoshop's CNTRL+T of the picture

That will be (991.50/110.8194808982211)x(1322.00/110.8194808982211) = 106.731337225 km2 = 41.20919968669421 miles2

IMPORTANT: Since the scale in the picture isn't entirely shown and very blurry I assumed it's 5k ft and 2500 in the middle, a lot of people are saying it is 2k in the middle and 3k in the end and brought up some logical explanations. I don't have time right now to fix it so I'll have to get this tomorrow but know that it's possible that the sizes of the other GTA game's maps is off by around ~1.18-2x possibly if the other scale is right(Can't know for sure until there's a normal picture of the manual's map). The square mileage of the map according to my interpretation of the scale is very close(R*'s is 1.18x bigger) to Rockstar's so my maps aren't that far off.. Sorry for the misunderstanding, this was just cleared to me now and it is possible my eye vision lead me to think otherwise. Although, I do think(And hope) it is possible after seeing Dragonborn's post, that gif in the top of the subreddit with the zooming, seeing how big real life airports are etc. A good example of this is how Shogun 2 that only had Japan in it that would have been a small blimp in other TW games was almost as big as TW:Napoleon..

TL;DR: No. OP miscalculated and mixed up mi/km on SA's map. This is the real one:

NF7hAZB.jpg

Sorry for the formatting, Reddit comments add brackets and numbers around each link if clicked on, which has to be done to copy the text.

On another note, someone changed the contrast + colors of the map a bit and re-uploaded it.

xbsDvHt.jpg

Look at the NOOSE offices over in Palomino Highlands. :D

On another note, they just unveiled LifeInvader. Stalk store pages to get in-game discounts.

Lifeinvader

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, the vehicle list has leaked out. It doesn't look 100% complete and is somewhat mucked up by the guys at Brady Games but at least there's pictures. I haven't looked at it myself but apparently there's some good ones based on what others were saying.

imgur: the simple 404 page <Car list spoiler

EDIT: Oops, looks like it's been removed... :o But it's not hard to find on GTAForums.

The next 4 days are going to be agonizing, especially since I may finally be getting a car.

There's a live stream of it, think it's been up the last couple of days on and off. Just watched it a bit quickly just now, won't go into any detail and that's the last I look at it until I hopefully actually get the game myself Monday or Tuesday.

EDIT: Stream now taken down by Rockstar, fair play they're good at getting pre-release gameplay removed :p

Yea, Amazon shipped all orders to NI, Isle of man etc. by the looks of it where post usually takes longer and for some odd reason RM delivered it faster to other islands than they sometimes to do mainland.. Ahh RM :lol:

I just don't get why game devs/publishers get all uptight about shops selling early. I mean they still get the money and sales figures in the end and paying customers get to play the game rather than making their paying customers wait longer than the people who pirate it. :confused: