We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best NFS?

Andreas¹

Best NFS?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Best NFS?

• The Need for Speed/SE (1994)
    • Need for Speed II/SE (1997)
    • Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (1998)
    • Need for Speed: Road Challenge/High Stakes (1999)
    • Need for Speed: Porsche 2000/Unleashed (2000)
    • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002)
    • Need for Speed: Underground (2003)
    • Need for Speed: Underground 2 (2004)
    • Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
    • Need for Speed: Carbon (2006)
    • Need for Speed: ProStreet (2007)
    • Need for Speed: Undercover (2008)
    • Need for Speed: Shift (2009)
    • Need for Speed: World Online (2010)
    • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
    • Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (2011)
    • Need for Speed: The Run (2011)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police chase only had to be 30 mins, not 60. On that massive chase where you're supposed to escape over the bridge to NFS Carbon teritory I just pulled up at the bus depot and hid. There was a cop nearby that couldn't see me but never moved either, so I just sat there for ~30 mins.

Funny how you modded NFSHP2 to make it easier - I tried to make it harder :)

MW was alright to be fair. You didn't have to ruin your car with decals, kits and crap. Also if you played the game without using the slo-mo feature the police chases were damn hard and lasted ages.

MW had some true HP flair. I especially adored my Black 996 turbo. :)

That was exactly what made me despise MW. Those *inadudible grumble* milestones, one was like "escape a 60 minute police chase". Either you

a) hit a spikestrip and failed 55 minutes in, or

b) actually escaped from the cops 55 minutes in and desperately went around looking for one so you could keep going but of course there was none to be found then. xD

Well, i enjoyed play Most Wanted... at the start of the game i got my Punto, painted it black, and it was like that untill the end of the game. I never added pantjobs or bodykits, just 18" rims and black windows! I used that car the entire game, for every race and every event. It had over 11 millions of bounty. I also never used the slow-dullmotion thing... Really... i think it was a good game. Lol

Damn Fast and the Furious generation. :ym: :fp: :leaves:

:lol:

Believe me if you think the PC version is good, check out the PS2 if you get the chance.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is easily the best NFS ever to be made. It's fast, fun, the graphics look great and the sound is fantastic. The music selection the best of the entire franchise. Take note that this is in fact the PS2 version of this game which is the best version by far. The other versions including the PC are vastly inferior to the PS2 version. Reason being is that Black Box of EA made the PS2 version and the other versions for Gamecube, XBOX, and PC were all outsourced to EA Seattle. What we got were two almost totally different games. EA Seattle's version was slow with framerate hiccups while Black Box's version was smooth and fast. Most notably however the "Be the cop" mode was very very different between the new versions. I show two examples of me being the cop in this video. You'll see that have to physically stop the racers by cutting them off and bringing them to a complete stop. In EA Seattle's version it is much like the latest installment of Hot Pursuit as where you ram the other vehicle so many times which drains a......life meter? Then that car is considered busted. Seriously? That's just lame. There are some who like that better since it's easier, but not nearly as fun. The other difference is that you can outrun the cops in the other versions as where in the PS2 version they are on you mercilessly until you get pulled over or the end of the race.

:D

PC had the barrels but no missiles. :mhmm:

However in the .ini config files you could change stuff as to how quickly the helicopter would arrive, how long it would take to start dropping barrels, how often it would drop them, how long until it had to go refuel, as well as how much damage the barrels did.

• 2 weeks later...
This exactly. NFS isn't about modding and ricing out your car - to all you kids out there who think that, you are horribly incorrect. The most recent NFS (HP) was a success because it went back to the true values of the series.

NFS III: HP is the best of the series hands down in my opinion. It was a pain at times, but it was just such a good game. Anything with "Hot Pursuit" in the name I have been astounded with.

Great thread by the way :)

true that, I've gone for road & track, didn't like IISE, loved the first hot pursuit and the high stakes because it had great graphics. Sad for those who didn't even play the past-2000 nfs's and grew up with the games like hoodyground 2

i grew up with underground 1 and 2. then forgot about racing games, and one day bhought pro street and hot pursuit, loved them

EDIT: i dont know if it was hot pursuit or undercover i bhought wayyy back, it was this story when you started in a chase and got arrested, then this chick made a deal.... undercover i guess