We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Knyazev : TDU2 Universal Launcher [v3.6]

Knyazev

5 hours ago, Jusmar said:

My Vipre just started flagging this as "Trojan.GenericKD.33122127" and immediately quarantines it as soon as I remove it from exclusion. The VirusTotal seems to have gotten less positive too than I remember. Is this still ok? 

Since Defender on Windows 10 does not detect anything, it may be a malfunction of VIPRE. I think it's better to double check using another anti-virus application.

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening guys. I just installed the game, i am using universal launcher 3.6 and i am pressing to play online, the game starts fine, but when i get to the point where i press start it just enters in a kind of endless loading. Can i do something to fix that?

33 minutes ago, Kowa said:

Good evening guys. I just installed the game, i am using universal launcher 3.6 and i am pressing to play online, the game starts fine, but when i get to the point where i press start it just enters in a kind of endless loading. Can i do something to fix that?

I would say the official Atari online servers are down for long time now, so cannot play online. 😉
At least as long as there won't be a community server ready to go online.

Edited by MagicV8

3 minutes ago, MagicV8 said:

I would say the official Atari online servers are down for long time now, so cannot play online. 😉
At least as long as there won't be a community server ready to go online.

And community servers are expected to be created? I'm new here and i'm trying to understand some things 🙂

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tomiik
On 5/11/2019 at 12:47 AM, Knyazev said:

Patch server of TDU2 now works fine!

link - http://patchserver.testdriveunlimited2.com/ (you can ping it)

You can download game updates via original UpLauncher.exe 

But now I works with new launcher for TDU2 with checking & update game to the latest version of the game (if official patch server will be offline, I'll make the alternative patch server (mirror).

Why? for TDU2 online)

Hello, is there already some patchserver mirror, please? I installed the game after longer time (version TDU2 QA v055 build 0 / 20110105.1506) and UpLauncher shows Error #01 - it seems patch files no longer exist on official patch server (although i can still ping it). I don't need any mods or unofficial patches, only official patch files to update my legally bought game to the latest version. Thank you.

• 3 months later...
Guest Kevondadon

I'm getting an error code when I hit play on the launcher. It is telling me that it cannot create a file when that file already exist. How do I fix this?

20 hours ago, Guest Kevondadon said:

I'm getting an error code when I hit play on the launcher. It is telling me that it cannot create a file when that file already exist. How do I fix this?

I assume you're using the Steam version? In your TDU2 directory, there's the steam_api.dll. The UL renames this file (I don't know why) to UL_steam_api.dll, and renames it back to steam_api.dll when the game is launched through the launcher. The error is caused because both files exist at the same time, remove one of them, and it should work again. Be sure to check if the Steam Overlay is still there when playing TDU2.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting an error "process has exited so the requested information is not available"

11.11.2020 г. 13:44:    Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.
System.InvalidOperationException: Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainWindowHandle()
   at _UL_Functions._UL_Function.RunGame(String hash, String TDU2Path)

Edited by face

• 3 months later...

I have your same ploblem, its 3 days now and still cant find a solution.

Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.
System.InvalidOperationException: Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, face said:

I'm getting an error "process has exited so the requested information is not available"

11.11.2020 г. 13:44:    Process has exited, so the requested information is not available.

I think, it's problem with TestDrive2.exe file. 

In future I want create the new version of the Launcher with support the Online Mode.

Edited by Knyazev

Hey, currently universal launcher is causing issues with TduWorld, mainly because of the nat status which should be saved correctly in the Windows registry.  For now use of universal launcher is strongly discouraged for people wanting to play online. This works, but has a bad effect on session handling. If you'll want to improve your launcher, I advise you to keep in touch with TduWorld Devs. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extracted and pasted the files in the unpacked folder of tdu2 but I can't see any universal launcher.exe file and when I launch tdu2 offline mode in admin mode it says "windows cannot find universal launcher.exe file".    Help

Edited by Jasper

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...