We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

problem with car sound

Damys

Hi all .. I am doing a sound mod for the F458 .. I put sound with TDU MT, but when I tested the car i don't hear the engine sound ... why? :eek: .. I set the sound with these characteristics .................................... (Microsoft ADPCM 44,100 kHz; 4bits; Mono) I made that mistake?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all .. I am doing a sound mod for the F458 .. I put sound with TDU MT, but when I tested the car i don't hear the engine sound ... why? :eek: .. I set the sound with these characteristics .................................... (Microsoft ADPCM 44,100 kHz; 4bits; Mono) I made that mistake?

Update of my private message to you.

You need bnkfileeditor and an audioprogram. I use audiacity, its free and easy. Open the bnkfileeditor, open the bnkfile of the car in the gamefolder bla bla

( Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Sound\Vehicules ) . Select all , select extract all. All the files now end up in a directory specially made for them in the same directory of the file you opened for being nicely backuped. Leave bnkfileeditor open. Now open audiacity and import the onmid or on5000 file of the extracted backupfiles. Now import your own onmid file too. Compare them. They must be of same lengh. Make your soundline exactly as long as the imported original, and extract it to some folder you can remember. Now highlight bnkfileeditor again. Choose the onmid or on5000 called soundline and click on replace, now choose your own onmid on5000 soundline in your remembered folder. And WAIT 1 sec . It showes you exactly how much smaller or bigger it still is. Make sure that it is at least NOT BIGGER than the original. Make it same size or max it out to be still smaller. It happened a few times to me that the difference was 0 kilobytes from beginning in one try. That's like winning a lottery or a royal flush in poker. Offtopic, ok i continue. Click to replace the file and SAVE EVERYTIME after replacing a single file. There is a save button in upper right. After the first time doing this saving,

bnkfileeditor will create a backupfile of the "the car"_audio.bnk in the same folder called "the car"_audio.bnk.bak. Don't mix them up, otherwise you are working on the backupfile hehe. Maybe this happened to you, because you only see that its the bak if you hold the mousearrow over the name and fileinfo pops up, or you open filecharacteristics. Start game. You don't have to restart the game all the annoying time.

Just go to garage, there the sound will be actualized EVERY time you leave and come back to it.

Means, press windows button to desktop, do audiowork, highlight game again, go to garage, and there the sound is already waiting for you. Enjoy the fun.

Another thing could be, if you use any program that manages your mods, and you use vista or win7 :

Give full access to 'User' for TDU dir and subdir

Remove the Read Only tag for TDU dir and SubDir.

Otherwise the modmanager is not able to change any file in tdu.