We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I'd get away from the Shift mentality if that's holding you back from what this title could be as EA basically told SMS to go that way, just look at their past history and videos of C.A.R.S to see what SMS can do when they are left to it.

I am by no means saying Shift 2 is a bad game, just that it doesn't have much of a replay value unless you insist on mastering every single corner on every track.

TDF will probably be a good game, judging from SMS's previous achievements, but for now, it seems to be little more than a clone of C.A.R.S. with Ferraris in it. With that in mind, it will probably be quickly forgotten, like another M3 Challenge/Volvo: The Game kind of game, except with more content.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am by no means saying Shift 2 is a bad game, just that it doesn't have much of a replay value unless you insist on mastering every single corner on every track.

TDF will probably be a good game, judging from SMS's previous achievements, but for now, it seems to be little more than a clone of C.A.R.S. with Ferraris in it. With that in mind, it will probably be quickly forgotten, like another M3 Challenge/Volvo: The Game kind of game, except with more content.

Wise words hpluls, wise words.

I look at this way.....It CAN'T be worse than TDU2 (washes mouth out with soap). Ok, looks like no Freeride etc but it could be the beginning of a step back in the right direction for future releases. Besides, any game with F1 cars and Monaco has my vote.

I might get a bit of flak for saying this......If this game is well recieved then maybe, just maybe, Atari might actually learn something. I know i'm being incredibly optimistic here but I need to cling to some sort of hope!!!!

From the pCARS forum:

I E-mailed the people that were putting out Test Drive Ferrari, here is what they said.

Hi Wayne,

My name is Tony Farrell and work for Evolved Games. We are the publisher of record for this title.

A press release is due out any day now and we putting together the AVI as we speak.

I will keep you posted.

Any further requests, please let me know.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Tony Farrell

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Did you read the original post? Nothing official has been shown, the pics and gifs are from BADNED who I guess must have a version of the trailer that's meant to be coming. This game is supposedly due out in March (Mass Effect 3 month, another good scheduling call!! :fp:) and nothing official has yet been shown.

However with it being SMS I do have faith in it, just keep Atari away from it and their "even with no aids the car still has to be controllable" philosophy.