We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably sub-licensing or Atari who are mainly only publishing in North America/the Americas now, have set up a deal with bigben amongst others to publish and market elsewhere.

The lack of info, screens and such so close to release does feel like Atari though doesn't it? Are they honestly this inept!

Meh!!!...don't really care for this,

TEST DRIVE is about free roam driving and meeting new people, well to me, I even gave up on tdu2 simply because the physics were terrible after going from tdu in orig game from hardcore and I dunno why they just didn't call it SHIFT:ferrari, because that's all it is, from one trailer you can see it has that sloppy slidy handling model that shift had, it is sad because if Eden ( do they still exist???) made one simple update by putting a proper hardcore back in the game, word would spread and we would all be playing tdu2 again maybe one day!?! it might happen but until that day I won't be playing a test drive game that's circuit based, buy hey that's just me.

Cheers.

Eden Games (staff of 25-30 with jobs also being advertised) do still exist and TEST DRIVE has always been an arcade racer and TDU is just another evolution of the TEST DRIVE (TD) name. There's no reason Atari couldn't have TD games where they stick to standard racing on tracks especially between the period of time between TDU releases. :)

Also it only looks like Shift due to the game using the same engine.

Eden Games[/url] (staff of 25-30 with jobs also being advertised) do still exist and TEST DRIVE has always been an arcade racer and TDU is just another evolution of the TEST DRIVE (TD) name. There's no reason Atari couldn't have TD games where they stick to standard racing on tracks especially between the period of time between TDU releases. :)

I agree. Test Drive 1-6 was all about arcade racing. Looks like a slight return to the roots.

Eden Games[/url] (staff of 25-30 with jobs also being advertised) do still exist and TEST DRIVE has always been an arcade racer and TDU is just another evolution of the TEST DRIVE (TD) name. There's no reason Atari couldn't have TD games where they stick to standard racing on tracks especially between the period of time between TDU releases. :)

A quick question your Diablo-ness:D Slightly off topic but do you think that fact that Eden are not involved in Test Drive: Ferrari means that the Atari/Eden relationship is finished in regards to any future Test Drive Unlimited sequels? Sorry if it's a dumb question but i've heard rumours of tensions etc but I must admit I haven't really been following it much lately.

Well Eden is an Atari in-house studio so if there was anything like you said Atari would likely just shut them down or maybe even allow them to go it alone again. Eden have some decent tech though and in regards to future TDU's whose to say, I mean it was Eden's baby but they keep getting rid of the people who do the work even the good work so in effect every iteration of the series is by a new team anyway so would it really matter if it went to another developer?

It's a tough thing to say but if Eden can't do their own creation justice, then why should they be allowed to continue to drag it down when someone else can take a try at getting it back to being good again. I mean either way they can't screw up the series any more than they already have .....right?

That was roughly my line of thinking, TDU2 got such a panning (unfairly in some ways, but all the same they did get 2 most fundamental aspects so spectacularly wrong it far outweighed any of the good stuff) that maybe a new developer and a fresh approach might not be a bad thing, though I didn't realise Eden had a high turnover of staff.

I only asked because it occured to me that the release of a couple of smaller titles with a different developer over the next couple of years would provide Atari with some useful feedback for a future TDU release...............Or is that too sensible for Atari?

i am asking the devs: will the ferrari game benefit from the current physics updates and lag fixing from pcars?

No

Regarding TDF graphics looking like Shift 1:

All of the screens thus far are ancient' date=' years old.[/quote']

One thing I can say without fear of breaking any NDA or such like is that pCARS is using untried and untested tech' date=' and there is no way that we would risk putting out a game on consoles in which parts of the tech might suffer unexpected failures. The console companies like stuff to be as reliable as possible. This doesn't mean that it cannot benefit from [i']any[/i] changes that have occurred since before Shift 1, but they have to be very carefully picked changes which have been thoroughly tested.

Also, it is important to understand that while you might like the different graphical style and quality of pCARS, that doesn't necessarily mean that the publishers of another game would like it, and if converting over would cost extra time and money, they might prefer to go with what they already have.

Now this is of course all purely theoretical, and doesn't mean that there is any such game that we are developing, or that those are decisions which have already been taken. Much of what we do in pCARS can not be translated to a console anyway, due volume of memory and performance constraints.

Yeah I saw that a few days ago but not sure how to construe that as the game is technically from 2008 and is being updated for being used as TDF so changes are still possible but maybe they just can't say how. Guess we need to see actual video before judging.

Interesting:

Car dynamics include realistic deflating tires and blow-outs.

Thanks for that I *server explodes* think.

Anyway I'm confused about the title of this game, I've seen it with 3 names and now publishers are getting even more confusing with bigben, Intec, Sony????? and Atari. Hopefully this can be cleared up so I can stop jogging in circles on the floor Homer Simpson stylee. :insane:

Here's the info and pics for people who... you know who you are :p

Atari, Rombax Games and Sony Computer Entertainment announced today at the Ferrari Racing Legends section of the test drive series for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, which is devoted entirely to the Ferrari theme.

The automotive group in the northern Italian Maranello has since its inception in 1947, for prestige, luxury and speed. Accordingly, also deals with this luxury Ferrari Racing Legends, many yearn for but few have the privilege.

Fourth in league strengthen the Slightly Mad Studios, which already recorded for the enthusiastic and produced by Avalanche as a publisher, Need for Speed ​​Shift responsibility as the world renowned developer of the Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends team.

Test Drive allows Ferrari Racing Legends with its sophisticated game physics an incomparable driving experience across the automotive history. The vehicle control system utilizes a realistic physics model, which is also ideal for an easy introduction to breathtaking races. Absolute speed and visible damage effects are the two essential aspects of the game feeling.

Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends offers its players:

* Several racing modes - A variety of different challenges including rally, GT and Formula 1

* Comprehensive on-line competitions - Single and multiplayer integration with various race modes. Up to eight players can participate in a race.

* 36 racetracks, including route variations - GP circuits, test tracks and bonus tracks and a variety of game environments the best that racing has to offer the world - including historic and modern race tracks.

* Over 50 stunningly detailed vehicles - the largest modern and classic Ferrari models have been modeled inside and out with attention to detail - including functioning circuits and motors visible. The vehicle dynamics includes loss of tire pressure and tire.

* Campaign Mode - Players will experience the rich history of the Ferrari brand and plays in the course of this travel freely through time new tracks and vehicles. During the campaign to the final race tracks can then be driven with all the available vehicles.

"Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends presents an important new chapter in the unique test-drive saga," said Jim Wilson, CEO of Atari. "Ferrari has proved in the history of Test Drive franchise as an essential partner. Therefore, the more we are pleased to publish a game that is devoted entirely to the breathtaking feeling of the Ferrari legend. "

"We are very pleased to now publish the titles of the twentieth successful Test Drive series in collaboration with such a great brand like Ferrari. The history of the Italian car maker is modeled in the simulation in more than 50 vehicles, 36 trails and over 100 different racing events, "explains Axel Florizoone, senior product marketing manager for Sony Computer Entertainment." The Slightly Mad Studios afford impressive in the Development of Test Drive Ferrari Racing Legends and players will surprise the world with the title ".

Test Drive Ferrari Legends appear at the end of March.

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_250-Testa-Rossa-1957.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_250-Testarossa_1957.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_275-GTB_1964.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_275GTB-1964.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_312B3-1974.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_512TR-1991.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_DINO-246-GTS_1972.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_ENZO_2002.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_F430-SPIDER-2005.jpg

Test_Drive_Ferrari_Racing_Legends_F430-SPIDER-3.jpg