We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My Peugeot 406 2.2 Sport

RX_37

Thought i'd post my car here just in case you wanted to see it :D

2001 Peugeot 406

2.2l Inline-4 N/A engine producing 157 bhp / 218 Nm.

2½" exhaust with a 4" jap muffler at the back (sounds a little too much i'll admit... :lol: )

Adjustable Koni Dampers (height, stiffness) and Lowering Springs.

Rims are Image Blade 7.5x17" on 225/45 tires.

Semi-leather "sport seats" and fully equipped with everything exept a sunroof.

LG CD/USB stereo and a 10" sub in the back.

Xenon in Low Beam 4300k, tinted windows, 3 chrome lists in the grille.

There are some more pictures in the link in my Signature....

205871-1939854.jpg

205871-1957303.jpg

205871-2470886.jpg

205871-1957293.jpg

205871-1957290.jpg

205871-1957291.jpg

205871-2470887.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A bit of bad luck today. On the downpipe. Broke clean off for some reason. Either a factory error or too much stress on it, which it shouldn't be. Replaced this same part last summer and it's only been driven something like 10.000 km tops :/

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/Rx_37/Bild107-1.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/Rx_37/Bild112.jpg

Reminds me of what happened to my catalytic converter, the pipe on the one end of that completely rusted through. I do wonder if the exhaust is one of the weak points with our generation of Peugeots as they always seem to be a problem on the owners forums.

My exhaust is coming off completely tomorrow. I've bought two new clamps to hold a couple of the sections sections together and I'm going to straighten it out properly as well as it keeps twisting and ends up rattling against the heat-shield or rear bumper.

Well i couldn't imagine why Peugeot exhausts would rust more than everyone elses? Especially since it's not original parts we're talking about eitherway. Peugeot's in general are very resistent to rust if you compare to other brands, old and new cars.

I've changed the entire exhaust from the cat back on mine last year plus a hole before the cat was welded shut plus that part that broke again -.- So i've had quite a fuzz with mine but hopefully it should hold together from now on. It better do! >: (

Well i couldn't imagine why Peugeot exhausts would rust more than everyone elses? Especially since it's not original parts we're talking about eitherway. Peugeot's in general are very resistent to rust if you compare to other brands, old and new cars.

That was my thought as well as they do have rust-proofing, but the exhaust seem to be an issue with fitment and so on for some reason. Either way, I've got mine sorted out now, put the new clamp on the mid to back box and straightened it out. Had to play about with the heat-shield a bit as the exhaust kept knocking on that. Forgot there was already a new clamp on just before the middle box as I'd changed the catalytic converter last year, so that's another spare part to add to my collection :p

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A little update on this car:

As you might know i sold this car in January to make way for the RCZ i have now. But the guy who bought it has it for sale again now :) It looks exactly the same still exept for the brake calipers that are painted blue like the car :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.