We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

thunderhawk17382

Duudeee that is not a cool idea mate :/ pCARS is not released yet, model might or might not be final yet, and it's sad people are leaking files even before the game gets released.

I'll head off to skype now to talk to you mate ;)

Pagani Huayra is finished, i know because i pCars owner.

ok guys chill out, ok ?

patch, i understand you.

Vitaly, yes it is but it doesn mean take it and convert it, at least you can wait for game to be finished at least.

but it doesnt matter after all, there is Diablo and others who have right to decide will they allow it or not, and maybe if there is someone from WMD team.

till then, chill :)

so thieves with morals... cute. :)

Its perfectly fine to take cars from any game we like. As long as its not this one because its not finished yet... Screw that! You take a car from anywhere you can get your grubby little hands on it. From a game, from a 3d website, from something you nan created in 3ds max. ANYWHERE.. If its a better model or a different model from what we have in the game GET IT, USE IT AND MOD IT..

so thieves with morals... cute. :)

Its perfectly fine to take cars from any game we like. As long as its not this one because its not finished yet... Screw that! You take a car from anywhere you can get your grubby little hands on it. From a game, from a 3d website, from something you nan created in 3ds max. ANYWHERE.. If its a better model or a different model from what we have in the game GET IT, USE IT AND MOD IT..

No! The reason I gave up modding, and got all my mods unreleased from where I published them, was that it did not feel right to simply steal other companies' models, convert them for free, and basically just benefit from other peoples work.

Doing that made me picture a guy at work who steals his team mates' work, and publishes it with his name, before the team mate does do it, and gets credit for it.

Not putting down modders or anything, as mods saved the game, it's just the way it made me feel like, it just did not feel right for me; but I won't, can't, and don't want to judge other modders because most of them are my friends.

Anyways I'd simply ask to, at least, let pcars get published,and generate revenue from public sales, before even converting models from it. Anyways I'm no lawyer, nor am I a SMS worker so I don't really want to generate much of a mess because of this, specially because Reventon is my friend.

I'm not a saint, no one is, no one does everything "by the book" anyways, so don't take me wrong. Sorry for the long text, can't express myself with few words

No! The reason I gave up modding, and got all my mods unreleased from where I published them, was that it did not feel right to simply steal other companies' models, convert them for free, and basically just benefit from other peoples work.

I personally don't see how you/ any modder benefits from this, other than getting some praise from mostly people you dont know, its not like you get paid per mod.

Doing that made me picture a guy at work who steals his team mates' work, and publishes it with his name, before the team mate does do it, and gets credit for it.
But that implies you are claiming this is all your work. Which modders here do not, they clearly say where they got the models/other assests from.

Not putting down modders or anything, as mods saved the game, it's just the way it made me feel like, it just did not feel right for me; but I won't, can't, and don't want to judge other modders because most of them are my friends.

Anyways I'd simply ask to, at least, let pcars get published,and generate revenue from public sales, before even converting models from it. Anyways I'm no lawyer, nor am I a SMS worker so I don't really want to generate much of a mess because of this, specially because Reventon is my friend.

I'm not a saint, no one is, no one does everything "by the book" anyways, so don't take me wrong. Sorry for the long text, can't express myself with few words

Thats cool dude, everyone is entitled to an opinion of a subject. nobody will knock you for that.

The way i see it.. We (modders) are not claiming to have created the models or anything like that, and we are certainly not getting anything for the mod ( other than praise from happy users) At best id say TDU modders are repurposers all they are really doing is converting files from one type to another.

And regarding Pcars. its not like we will take any revenue away from them by using their models. if people are gonna play Pcars they will regardless of the fact that those cars are also available for TDU.

But thats just my take on it..

And yeah when its an in depth discussion its hard to answer in 10 words or less :D

what kind of benefit are we talking here, I mean you are not financially gaining anything from this nor you intend to.

I don't know why people suddenly giving such crap about pcars models suddenly.

What difference does it make if you're importing pcars models into tdu or nfs,forza any game models to tdu.

They're both illegal to do so on paper, where were these people who are so worried about this matter when tdu was being modded left right and center or they were installing mods to other games?

I've said this on wmd forums as well, the day will come where people will want to mod pcars because of lack of licenses and then they'll be thankful for the same community they've condemned.

Regarding mods using Project CARS/Unreleased assets.

We will not allow these to be posted on here due to the fact that the project is still in development. We did this when TDU2 was in Beta so it's not something we've just decided to do because some of us may be involved with the pCARS project. It's always been our policy to only allow released content. You may think 'what's the difference' or that this is hypocritical considering we allow mods that have been converted from many other titles and such, but at the end of the day all we do is allow them a place to share their work and if a copyright holder requested us to remove something then we would do so and promptly too.

To us modding is all about improving the game, keeping it looking good and having folks continue to play it. Obviously it's a grey area in a lot of aspects and some devs will not officially support it but will turn somewhat of a blind-eye. The idiot who rips the models and then tries to sell them for real monies though, they are typically dealt with more severely. This is why you should not pay for any mods that have been converted from another title.

I hope you understand our stance on this, thanks.